desertjets

Sitting In The Dark, Thanks To Isabelle

Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:16 am

Well the storm has come and gone. Power went out here in Charlottesville @ around 5:30pm EDT and didn't come back on until 4:42 am EDT. Haven't yet checked the damage to the perishables in my fridge, though I suspect the ice cream melted and the milk is iffy at best. At least the beer wasn't in any danger. The Washington Post is reporting that some 4.1 million customers were without power in the mid-Atlantic region at some point, about 1.6 million were customer of Virginia Dominion Power (including myself).

I hope everyone that was in the storm's path is safe and damage was minimal. Just wanted to hear your stories from the night.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

RE: Sitting In The Dark, Thanks To Isabelle

Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:09 am

Thank GOD the beer is alright! If it does happen to be ruined, we will start a "Isabel ruined my beer" fund for all those affected!

ybacpa

Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:02 am

Surprisingly not too bad here (NJ). One tree fell in my backyard, smaller brances and leaves everywhere though. My power never went out, but it did blink off momentarily a number of times. Down the road from me there is a large tree lying on the power lines though, and the other direction the phone company has been working all day on a jungle of cables that need to be restrung. Somehow being right in the middle I missed most of it.

yb
SkyTeam: The alliance for third rate airlines finally getting their act together!

vaporlock

Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:32 am

Wow, I agree.........Thank God the beer was SAVED!  Laugh out loud

Up here in Toronto we got a lot of rain around noon and high winds. A few trees in the city were blown down but not much damage that I know of.

I hope everyone that got hit bad are OK!

Phyllis  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

gocaps16

Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:08 pm

Power here where I lived at in Virginia Beach went out but thanks to the generators we had, power was on 24 hours....in fact, I didnt even know that we lost power til I looked at the parking lots wondering why there were no street lights.

Kevin

flyingbronco05

Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:06 pm

What is Isabelle?

I think you mean Isabel Smile

I hope you get your power back soon.

FB05
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge