JAL777
Topic Author

Now You Can Get Your Cheeseburger & Fries All In 1

Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:56 am

Just when you thought fried twinkies were bad:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/23/business/23BEEF.html

Cheeseburger and Fries, Wrapped Up in One

If the National Cattlemen's Beef Association has its way, beef will not be just for dinner anymore.

Looking to emulate the success of Chicken McNuggets and fried mozzarella sticks, the group is hoping to inject some red meat into the American snack food diet with cheeseburger fries. The fries, which look like a squat version of standard French fries, are made of a meat-and-cheese compound that tastes — as the name suggests — like a cheeseburger.

Breaded, then deep-fried and served with ketchup or barbecue sauce, cheeseburger fries have found their way onto menus in several states including Nebraska, Minnesota and Texas since June. There is also a version being made available to public school cafeterias.

(continued)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!

aa61hvy

RE: Now You Can Get Your Cheeseburger & Fries All In 1

Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:59 am

Its called putting it into a blender.. Look into it
Go big or go home

Cessnapimp

Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:54 pm

Pfff...

Call me back when they found a way to inject them with a carbonated soda. Here I am with my cheeseburger fries and I'm still holding on to my drink like an idiot... AN IDIOT!!!

More and more people are substituting their burgers for salads nowadays; so how 'bout fries with a salad core! Hmmmmm... chlorophyllicious....

The soda drink thing is toootally feasible: boil down Coke to the consistency of molasses, strap-on a hardcore batter around it, deep fry it and voilà!

That's it... I'm moving down South, so long my Canuck friends, no more shoveling the driveway for me....

Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:22 pm

Now I have heard everything.. Eeeeewwww.

Although we have something equally disgusting here in Australia called chicken chippeee's which is basically a similar thing done with the skanky bits of chicken.

*shudders at what our factories will try and pass as foods these days*

mb

*toybox II* *daytime is trance time is play time*

mas a330

Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:33 pm

Putting a cheeseburger in a blender? thats new.

sebolino

Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:35 pm

That's good news ! At last people will eat higher class food, Hmmmmm ...

jcs17

RE: Now You Can Get Your Cheeseburger & Fries All

Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:48 pm

That is absolutely gross. Shows how low Americans actually are. I only eat organic cheesburgers and fries in one...

Signed,
Mx5_boy
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:19 pm

I prefer Krocs hotdog, sauerkraut and white ketchup in a mass produced cylindrical deep fried meat injection..

Signed JS17

KROC

Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:41 pm

Nice try slugger, to bad you missed. JS17? Who the F is that? Besides, kind of ironic you are talking about beef injections. Hmmmmm.

You whiffed on trying to tell me what I know and don't know about the American food (beef) industry, and now you try and drop a signed by post and strikeout there too. Care to go for the Jose Hernandez 3-fer?

cptkrell

Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:06 pm

Sounds disgusting, but I have been guilty of pouring chili and melted cheese over my fries. That bill of fare has become a not-rare option in many gulp-and-goes...jack
all best; jack

srbmod

Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:46 pm

Hey nothing wrong with chili cheese fries, they should throw a Pepto milkshake in as a side item with it.

In the current issue of FMH (US edition), they had an article about making sausages and they made one out of 4 Big Macs, fries, extra ketchup, 2 Cokes, 2 Sprites. Looked and sounded kinda nasty.