Tom in NO
Topic Author

You NFL Fantasy League Team

Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:23 am

This topic got a passing mention in a different type of thread yesterday, but I thought I'd pose the question in it's own thread:

Who do you have on your NFL Fantasy League team, and how is your team doing?

I have a team in a 9-team Yahoo league with some friends. My team currently consists of:

QB-Jeff Garcia, Trent Green, and Steve McNair (Garcia has been starting, but I'll likely go with McNair this weekend)
RB-Clinton Portis, Tiki Barber, Mike Anderson (Portis' nagging injuries have me concerned. He's why I've lost the last two weks)
WR-Eric Moulds, Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason, and Charles Rogers
TE-Randy McMichael and Kyle Brady
K-Mike Vanderjagt and Jeff Wilkins
DEF-San Francisco and Minnesota

My starters are usually Garcia, Portis, Barber, Moulds, Boldin, Mason, McMichael, Vanderjagt, and San Francisco.

We have a 9-team league, so 1 team has a bye each week. We go head to head against each other, and fantasy points break any year-end ties.

Week 1: I had a bye, yet my team got the most fantasy points of any team.
Week 2: Lost to the #1 team in the league. Second in fantasy points by 1.
Week 3: Lost again (lousy games by Garcia and Moulds, Portis injured). Still second (of nine) in total fantasy points.

Post your info here.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

goingboeing

RE: You NFL Fantasy League Team

Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:26 am

I've never been one for fantasy football, but my fantasy team would have to include Jennifer Lopez, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Anniston and Britanny Spears. Talk about some fun in the showers!

srbmod

RE: You NFL Fantasy League Team

Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:01 am

My team absolutely sucks. My starting QB gets hurt in the preseason (much like the Falcons, my teams hopes were pinned to Mike Vick), my running game is awful, my top WR has been a flop, and my DEF sucked. I changed all that with some serious roster moves. After losing the first week by 8 points, it has gone all to Hell since. Week 2 saw my team lose by 35 points, and Week 3 by 37 points. Starting the season 0-3 is painful. I am now on my third QB, as every time I get a new one, he has a bad week. My Week 4 opponent is 1-1-1, so I think I'll have a chance with the revamped lineup.