vafi88

Little Advice For Advanced School Kids.

Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:46 am

Face it, advanced programs are not all that they are cracked out to be, all the teachers do is push you a bit harder than they would other classes. Also, it is the biggest cheating network you will ever see. I once did a list of words 1st period in school because I have 1st off, and gave it to my friend to copy, by the time that class rolled around, I saw Xerox copies EVERYWHERE, even the kids who were on *top of the class* had my paper. So when you try to get into college, they won't see what work you've put in, they'd see how well you can bullsh*t things.... atleast here in America.

Signed,
A guy that just now noticed that the Education system is a complete joke.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

N766UA

RE: Little Advice For Advanced School Kids.

Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:55 am

The only reason we have a "top of the class" is because of cheating. AP, Advanced, Honors.... it's all the same anyway.
This Website Censors Me

VonRichtofen

Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:13 am

Well I don't think ALL kids that are "top of the class" got there by cheating.

We have AP here in Canada too, and even if people cheated on their assignments they'd be f*cked when exam time came around. So they wouldn't get a good mark on the exam which counts for 50% or more of your final grade. In a class in Canada there might be 3 or 4 people who cheat out of like 30. A friend of mine was in AP in the states and he didn't cheat. I believe him because if he did he'd be f*cked for the stuff he has to do at GA tech.

It totally depends on the maturity of the student I guess...

vafi88

Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:44 am

Maybe people up in Canada are little more honest then. AP and IB here is a big gant joke, EVERYONE I know cheats, even people I'm not friends with have cheated off of me indirectly. The Exams don't count for grade here, meaning the AP and IB exams, the semester finals are pretty simple.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

USAFHummer

Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:37 pm

AP exams generally dont count for grades in America as well...Ive heard of some schools that use the AP exam as their final in a certain subject but I disapprove of that, as the test itself is completely optional and costs around $80 per test to take...if a school uses an AP exam as a final, then every AP pupil is forced to take the test and spend the $80, whether they want to or not...ideally the school should pay for the exams in that case but that would never happen...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

VonRichtofen

Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:54 pm

Not sure how the US AP works but in Canada AP stands for "Advanced Placement" It's just a more advanced class than the norm. It is run just like any other high school class and the exams are all included.

There's math, then there's math AP. Both are structerd basically the same only the AP is harder (obviously).

$80 to take an exam in a public school? That blows!!

If the exam counted for part of their final mark I bet there'd be a lot less cheating!

gocaps16

Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:43 am

Greg,

When I was in high school, we had AP classes. I have never got to pay anything for my AP exams. It's really crazy if you have to pay $80 per AP exam but every AP classes you take, you are required to take the AP exam. It's like the state standardization test but a lot harder and it is a timed test. Luckily here it doesn't cost anything. AP exams don't really count as a grade but if you pass it, you will recieve college credits for each test.

Kevin

[Edited 2003-09-26 17:45:29]