DoorsToManual
Topic Author

The Proliferation Of Annoying Adverts On UK Tv

Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:25 am

Is it me or are some commercials in the UK getting worse & worse? I absolutely hate the way programmes and even news are interrupted by these damn commercials.....thank God for the BBC, and I am very happy to pay for their service...

What's become really annoying are the Asda-like commercials, with these supermarket staff patting their butts and saying "that's Asda price!" arrghhh, go away!  Angry

And has anyone noticed the endless insurance and injury claim commercials on Sky channels?......  Insane  Insane

"You can do it when you B&Q it"................

Rant over.

cptkrell

RE: The Proliferation Of Annoying Adverts On UK Tv

Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:41 am

I guess you folks in England really are second-place to the U.S. in some areas  Smile , unfortunately, from your post, you just seem to be "catching up" with the (what I perceive, at least) not only bullshit quality of a good percentage of our TV advertising, but the proliferation of such. Further to my aggravation is the fact that I pay extra fees for non-network channels; why the hell am I subjected to the commercial interuptions when I'm paying extra for their service? I'll re-evaluate the value of such optional service after I move to my retirement home early next year...hell, all I have to do is check w/ A.net for the latest, anyway...jack
all best; jack

Jaspike

Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:46 pm

I never understand the DFS adverts. They constantly have a sale on.

One annoying one is the e-sure ad with Michael Winner...

There are some good ones, the Honda ones are great Big thumbs up

But the BBC are great.. it's heaven...

Josh

dc-10 levo

Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:50 pm

The insurance, loans, banks etc etc etc. are so annoying. They're mostly shown on Sky. There are just way too many of them.

DC-10

jwenting

Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:59 pm

Welcome to Europe...
It's indeed getting quite bad in the UK now, but you don't have 10 minutes of detergent commercials after every 10 minutes of a movie yet so count yourself lucky  Laugh out loud
I wish I were flying

DoorsToManual
Topic Author

Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:53 am

Glad some people agree! One of many solutions (apart from making a cuppa) I have found is simply to tune into a news channel for 5-6 minutes.

BTW, here's another thing I've noticed: every time I flick on to Fox I ALWAYS get "FOXcast"....do they actually show any of this news they're supposed to be popular for?! well, at least I get an instant update of temperatures across Europe....