LHMark

MLL Lacrosse...here We Go Again

Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:09 pm

OK, there's this indoor lacrosse league: Major League Lacrosse. We have a team in this league that usually does pretty well: The Rochester Knighthawks. Try as I might, I can't really get into this sport, but I know it's pretty big in Canada. Are any of you Dudley Do-Rights up north MLL fans or lacrosse fans in general?
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

Airontario

RE: MLL Lacrosse...here We Go Again

Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:34 pm

Acctually the indoor league is the NLL(National Lacrosse League). And yes it is popular up around Toronto. The league is really growing last year Calgary Vancouver and Colorado got teams, this year New York moved to San Jose and theres a team in Arizona. I personnally have played Indoor lacrosse for 9 years and finnally stopped this year to play football durring the fall and summer.

Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:54 am

GO KNIGHTHAWKS!!!!! DOWN WITH TORONTO!!!!!!!

My brother plays lacrosse for a local high school here in ROC so my family has really gotten involved with the sport. I have been to some indoor games as well as outdoor games as well (ROC also has the Rochester Rattlers) and found it to be fast paced and exciting. It usually takes a few games to warm up to the sport.

vaporlock

Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:14 am

Even though I'm a female, I am a huge Lacrosse fan! My son played Lacrosse during the summers and it is one "bad ass" sport!  Big thumbs up He only played Box Lacrosse which was bad enough, but Field Lacrosse is murder! I must admit I do love watching games whenever they are on TV.

Phyllis  Smile/happy/getting dizzy