cba

Clark: Why So Popular So Fast?

Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:33 am

After watching the Democratic Presidential Debate last night, I have been wondering why Wesley Clark is so popular, even though he has yet to give specific details about his plans, both home and abroad. The other cantidates who have been around a while have defined their platforms already, however, the only issue Clark has really spoken on is Iraq, and how he wants to get the U.N. involved. I'm not saying that I don't like Clark, I'd take him any day over Bush. However, sometimes I am a bit concerned with his sudden switch to the Democratic Party after praising Bush et al less than two years ago.

Aloha717200

RE: Clark: Why So Popular So Fast?

Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:42 am

I dont really think it should matter if Clark had voted for Bush in 2000 or if he praised some of Bush's actions.

Is there some requirement that to be a good democrat, you can never have agreed with or liked something a Republican has done? I think that's pretty childish, childish that he would be attacked for perhaps agreeing with the other side on a few things.

I prefer a president that's balanced, rather than someone who thinks only within party lines. That's narrow minded. It's also why this country prefers to elect someone who is moderate, not extreme. I think more highly of Clark knowing that he has the ability to see the other side's view. If anything, Gephart attacking him over that makes me think much less of Gephart.

Of course, I'm not thrilled with Gephart anyway. That man won't become president, he's too fiery.

cba

Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:03 am

I'm not criticizing Clark. I like the man. He is very well spoken, he has prescence, and he doesn't lose his cool. He could really stick it to Bush. I'm just trying to find out his platform. He hasn't really released a detailed economic plan. I'm not holding that against him yet, as he just entered the race. However, I'd like to have something to use to compare him with the others.

Alpha 1

Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:58 am

I think it shows that many Americans are very worried about the course that George Bush and the neocons have set this country on, and they're looking for ANYONE that seems to have the metal to do a better job.

No one knows if Clark is that man, or if any of the Dems are, but it shows how uneasy Americans are over the course of events in the last two years.

JAL777

Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:02 am

He's a general, doesn't seem to bull shit to much, and he's a pretty good looking guy. And most of all, he's got Clark Republicans!

MidnightMike

Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:53 am

well, he is still somewhat of a mystery, so potential are curious about him. The media likes him for his military background, I did not say strong or weak, just that he has the military experience.
NO URLS in signature

MidnightMike

Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:54 am

well, he is still somewhat of a mystery, so potential voters are curious about him. The media likes him for his military background, I did not say strong or weak, just that he has the military experience.
NO URLS in signature

bobrayner

Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:29 am

What's so important about military experience?

10 or 20 years from now, you'll have a Generalissimo.  Smile
Cunning linguist

StarAC17

Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:46 am

What's so important about military experience?

In this case he won't be as anxious to go to war as much as Bush would because he has experienced it which can't be said about anyone in the Bush administration who don't have a clue what war is like.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

b757300

Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:03 am

I guess it depends on who you listen too and who does the "polls". Some polls show Clark far behind Dean and Kerry while others show him well ahead. What's more interesting is the day he announced he was suppose to be ahead of Bush and yet about 55% of those interviewed didn't even know who he was.

If people would listen to what Clark says, then they would see he is totally off his rocker. He wants to spend money to learn how to travel in time and go faster than the speed of light. He was relieved of command in Kosovo due to his unstable personality and for almost starting WWIII with the Russians. He flip flops on this "policies" more than Clinton did. Clark doesn't have a clue and if anyone had watched the last Democrat debate, they would have seen how off the wall he really is.

As for the so called "Clark Republicans", there is no such thing except in the minds of those who only care about replacing Bush with anyone regardless of who that may be. The only Republicans who would actually consider Clark are so called "moderates" which in reality are about as Republican as Howard Dean.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

jaysit

Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:15 am

"...and for almost starting WWIII with the Russians."

BS.
Don't take that quote out of context. You just have to do a google search to understand the context within that comment was made by another NATO commander against Clark. In any case, the blocking of the runaway that Clark was proposing would hardly have caused WWIII.

There is a current world war going on against Islamic fundamentalists that our shenanigans in Iraq have only worsened substantially.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

bobrayner

Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:55 am

He wants to spend money to learn how to travel in time and go faster than the speed of light.

He wants to spend money on scientific research, which is hardly a bad investment. So what if he thinks time travel or FTL travel might become possible? 200 years ago we thought flight was impossible.

Admittedly, the barriers are a little higher this time, but I can't fault him for an optimistic view of science.

Bush, meanwhile, seems to have some serious misunderstandings about creationism, global warming, &c.
Cunning linguist

artsyman

Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:03 am

I think he is just a face that Americans knew, had heard of and didn't have a major problem with. If Bush was doing well, Clark wouldn't stand a chance, but Bush isn't and people are now considering other options. How many people still vote for Alfred E Newman in each election?.

Jeremy

Aloha717200

Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:02 am

Time travel?

That's playing with fire, big time, if you ask me. But that's another subject.

Alpha 1

Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:42 am

How many people still vote for Alfred E Newman in each election?.

My brother-in-law votes for my father every four years.  Laugh out loud

And you have to discount almost anything B757300 says. He's got his head so far up the arse of the GOP he'll never see the light of day or of common sense ever again.  Laugh out loud

cba

Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:50 pm

Clark doesn't have a clue and if anyone had watched the last Democrat debate, they would have seen how off the wall he really is.

I watched the debate, and he seemed very down to earth, not off the wall. Of course, this is coming from B757300...