dan2002

What Do You Think About The Hummer?

Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:31 pm

I enjoy those a lot!

Signed,
Bill Clinton
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But seriously I do think those are some kick ass vehicles , and I look forward to one in my driveway here in a couple of years.
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

L-188

RE: What Do You Think About The Hummer?

Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:33 pm

Are we talking the original or that butt Ugly H2 ones they have now.

I wouldn't mind owning one, but I wish that the Military was allowed to surplus them rather then chop them up per the DOT.

The civie ones are too nice to takeoffroad. I wish they would make just a plain base model one.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

BOEING747-700

Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:34 pm

My family has an H2. It is black and is by far the best Truck we have bought. Some Anetters have been in it as well and I think they liked it too. Go and take one for a test drive, you wont believe the rubber neckers you will get.

Usairwys757

Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:36 pm

"Are we talking the original or that butt Ugly H2 ones they have now"

Ugly?....I dont know how you an call it ugly. I think that thing is awesome, especially with some nice rims. I love the dashboard, its amazing. Great truck/SUV.
Inactive.....

cptkrell

Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:38 pm

Which Hummer? The original derived from the military Humvee, or the newer Hummer H2 built off the Chevy Tahoe platform? ...Jack
all best; jack

L-188

Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:41 pm

Nope, don't like the H2.

It lookes like an M998 that got caught in a garage door.

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Ilyushin96M

Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:51 pm

I sat in a brand-new H2 at the Milwaukee Auto Expo last fall; I was impressed by the size, and thought how nice it would be to have one to run over idiot drivers everywhere. Big grin

Seriously, though, I can't imagine the necessity of these monsters. They are wider than any other SUV on the market, their tires are ridiculously large, and they are priced quite high to boot. The HUMMER H2s I have seen around Milwaukee are predominantly driven by older men or housewives living in the upper class areas of town.

It seems to me the HUMMER is yet another over-priced, ridiculous-sized, gas-guzzling SUV used predominantly to haul groceries or visit the country club.

zak

Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:15 am

the original car is certainly a nice vehicle for its intended military use. i had the pleasure to have sat in one during my time in the german army on a troop excercise area of the us. army.
however i see no, no point for these vehicles on urban roads.
i can very well understand farmers buying them, but they dont belong in urban traffic. i wish that there would be gas prices similar to those in europe all over the world so people only buy the kind of car they actually need instead of polluting the enviroment just for show effects. there are cheaper and more enviroment friendly ways to do that.
10=2

EGGD

Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:32 am

No,

I think they are ugly, they are slow, use way too much fuel, cost too much, are underpowered and are too big.

Qb001

Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:32 am

Hummers are the summon of ridiculous SUV.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good theory.

cancidas

Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:33 am

i drove an H2, couldn't see jak out those tiny windows. i hate the ass ugly thing! like many others i would want to own a HMMWV, not a hummer. i think that most hummers are just bought by airheads for to show off. they are useless in the cities and just add to pollution.
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

racko

Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:48 am

I don't see any use for it. They are great vehicles for the military, but imho they are way too big as a ride on public roads. As an offroad-vehicle, I'd rather have a Range Rover or a G-Class, as a SUV I'd rather have a Cayenne or a Touareg.

N766UA

Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:52 am

The H2 is a toaster on wheels and is one of the ugliest cars I've seen yet. Plus, it's a hummer, shouldn't it have great 4X4 capability? I saw people pushing one out of the sand with a Jeep on a beach in Deleware.
This Website Censors Me

Alpha 1

Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:01 am

I like the one my mom got for me. Maybe I can get Maurice Clarrett one.

Signed,

LeBron James

Wink/being sarcastic

BlatantEcho

Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:59 am

You can get a much nicer car for the price of an H2. An E500 if you shop right.

Therfore we conclude: people who lease H2s (I'm sure all the white trash I see driving them all day can BUY their cars.......) are morons.

George
They're not handing trophies out today

Big777jet

Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:32 am

H2 gets too much gas guzzler and cause other drivers get blindspot. H2 is no good to drive the crap square box truck! I wish the H2 should be banned on roads! Save oil resources.

Big777jet

Jetsgo

Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:09 am

Personally, I don't care for them much. If I were to spend that kind of money on a big SUV, I would get something like a Toyota Land Cruiser or Lexus LX470. I wouldn't waste $50,000 + on some piece of crap American car. However, if one magically ended up on my driveway, you'd get no complaints from me. Big grin

Chris

BlatantEcho: Why go for the E500 when you can get the E55  Big thumbs up
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

USAFHummer

Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:24 am

The H1 is my favorite vehicle out there...of course Ill never be able to afford one but I love it...the H2...its a POS...I hate it...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

BOEING747-700

Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:40 am

"i think that most hummers are just bought by airheads for to show off. they are useless in the cities and just add to pollution."

ah another fine statement there. F*ck the environment who cares, I am so sick of people wining about pollution!!!!! I think you buy them because you like them, not for showing off. If you can afford it and like it go for it.

cptkrell

Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:48 am

Kinda interesting that although Dan2002 never got back with "us" on what which Hummer vehicle he was asking opinions about, most of "us" chime in with political views based on feelings are about neccessity, environment, "can't see", gotta show off, etc...WTF? ...Jack

all best; jack

EGGD

Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:59 am

So what do you buy them for, the fuel economy? The handling? The speed?

goingboeing

Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:22 am

The Hummers are bought for status - period. They are overpriced, ugly, "I'm a warrior" wannabe's. The guzzle gas, they never see anything but asphalt, as most likely 90% of the ugly assed things are leased and you don't want to unnecessarily ding up the beast, lest you pay out the ass when the lease is up. Everytime I pass one on the road, an shake my head as I think "what a dork" watching a desk driving pantywaist guide it down the highway.

BOEING747-700

Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:51 am

If we just needed a car to get us from A to B then we would all be driving Pontiac Fireflys. My dad bought the H2 for the simple fact he liked the Truck and it was a great vehicle for doing his business. If you got the means and you got the funds and want the thing, get it. Sometimes when I drive it I get the ass hole that rolls their eyes or gives me the middle finger. I look at those people and give them a nice big smile and keep on driving. Who are you to judge someone by their car by saying that they are air heads, dorks etc.... Give me a break.

Dash8King

Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:08 am

What does he need the H2 for that no other vehicle can do besides piss people off because they can't see around the damn thing?

Alpha 1

Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:14 am

So what do you buy them for, the fuel economy?

Tell me you're joking. I think they lose half their gas when you turn on the ignition....

And, I agree with Goeingboeing: they're bought mostly by people who want you to know they have $$ out the ass, or by macho's who have dicks that are too small, and are trying to compensate.

goingboeing

Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:13 am

it was a great vehicle for doing his business

What can a hummer do that a sedan can't?

JAL777

Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:19 am

What can a hummer do that a sedan can't?

Make up for lacking manhood.

goingboeing

Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:35 am

Make up for lacking manhood.

So remember Hummer drivers...when that guy in a Honda Accord flips you off, he most likely has a way bigger Johnson than you do....

[Edited 2003-10-13 04:36:19]

cancidas

Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:38 am

in addition to the manhood park, it can provide safe handling if you ever want to venture onto your front lawn. i know that 4WD is necessary for that! jeez, my piece if crap bronco could kick that thing's ass. i'd be happier with a G 400 CDI or a M 400 CDI.
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

JBirdAV8r

Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:09 pm

Everytime I pass one on the road, an shake my head as I think "what a dork" watching a desk driving pantywaist guide it down the highway.

My sentiments exactly.

Down here, all you see are scuzzy-looking people driving them. The upper middle class and high class won't touch them; they've already received the stigma of being a wannabe vehicle.
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

VS340

Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:48 pm

Everytime I pass one on the road, an shake my head as I think "what a dork" watching a desk driving pantywaist guide it down the highway

my sentiments exactly, nothing makes me laugh more than when some loser cruises by, going twice the speed limit, thinking he is totally invincible, and to top it all off talking on a cell phone. The sad thing is that the only way to knock them off their little pedestal is for them to run someone in a small car car over and seriously injure them or even kill them. They are nothing but a dangerous nuisance and should be removed from the road. And i am not anything resembling an enviromentalist but there is a point where even I have to draw a line, and the fuel sucking, smog producing, terrorist aiding SUV is definately where i draw the line

EGGD

Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:31 pm

Tell me you're joking. I think they lose half their gas when you turn on the ignition....

I was hoping you'd notice the sarcasm...  Big grin

sushka

RE: What Do You Think About The H2?

Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:42 pm

I think the only people to drive them are ones that got kicked around in high school

seriously I think they are pretty stupid
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

cptkrell

Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:51 pm

Needing something and wanting something are two different things (although they can often be compatible) concepts that many of the immature responders to the original subject question don't seem to fathom. Although I am still not entirely sure if Dan2002 is asking about the H2, I will assume he is, and address my remarks in that reference, remembering best I can from when we were envolved with AMGen product definition/requirements.

Styling is a personal matter; if you don't like it fine, if you do, that's fine, too (I personally haven't seen a Rolls Royce of recent years that I like; so what?).
Styling out of the way, the H2 is a very capable vehicle, more so than any other "affordable" SUV available and offers luxury ammenities to boot. It is based on a stretched, reinforced Tahoe platform, (used w/ the dimensionally-altered hydroformed full frame rail system on all the full-size GMT product offerings, from the pickups to the Escalade). This construction, along with additional skid plates, welded protective cages and nerf bars from front to rear under the vehicle make it pretty bullet-proof, and with optional airbags, you can crank up the ride height and negotiate some pretty serious stuff with the resultant approach/departure angles of about 41.5 degrees and monster breakover angle of +25.5 degrees. I won't bore you w/ all the powertrain specs, but suffice it to say that with selection of the 33:1 crawl ratio and a derivative of the world's best pushrod V8 you can climb a 60% grade.

Now, do you NEED all that? Again, who cares. If so, it's available. If you just WANT all that, again, it's available. Folks who spend time dicatating and preaching their thoughts on what's right vs. wrong or good vs. bad should JUST SHUT UP! ...jack
all best; jack

4holer

Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:18 am

All that I can say is that when I see one, I don't give them the finger, but I do put my thumb and forefinger about an inch apart and flash the international sign of "teeny tiny penis".

Bottom line, it is a wasteful, visibility killing, expensive penis extension that endangers the life of everyone else on the road. Like it or not, that is the Hummer idea.
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

KROC

Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:32 am

All that I can say is that when I see one, I don't give them the finger, but I do put my thumb and forefinger about an inch apart and flash the international sign of "teeny tiny penis".

HAHA Great!  Big thumbs up

I like the orignal HMMWV. Not the civilian version either. Give me a military rig, where you need to bring a pillow to sit on while you and driving all over where ever on deloyment...or on a normal South Korean Road! Ahhh the good ole days.

cptkrell

Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:42 am

GREAT ONE, 4holer! ("...but I do put my thumb and forfinger about an inch apart and flash the international sign of "teeny tiny penis".)

In my parts, when chicks see a man in a Hummer, they put their thumb and forefinger about 4 inches apart to flash the local sign of tight little twat. Get a life...jack
all best; jack

zak

Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:52 am

i dont know whats so attractive about women who are "convinced" that you are the right person just because you drive a certain vehicle.
if that is what a relationship is based on, thats the subtle form of prostitution.
think about the price of a h2 and how many real high class prostitutes you could have for that(legal in europe).
i think not having the h2 is the better deal if you have the car for that purpose.
and for anything else its pointless anyway because its a pointless hazard to people in urban traffic and also the enviroment on a larger scale.
and people who need such cars offroad would most likely buy a different brand anyway due to the fact that a land rover or g-class are cheaper and of more use in the woods.
10=2

cptkrell

Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:15 am

Hi, Zak...constructive post (although I respectfully disagree with your assesssments of hazards and environment). My last reply was in reference to the sophomoric answer(s) by 4holer, perpetuated by Goeingboeing and JAL777, who, evidently, can't even grasp the intent of a question without degrading the subject matter into what (apparently, anyway) is only personally very physically religious to them. Maybe THEY are the ones with penis envy? ...Jack

all best; jack

174thfwff

Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:27 am

when you guys have 55g's to spend on a car, you can get whatever you want with out me saying you have a small penis or have a lacking manhood. I say you all should mind your own business. You can say you dont like it, but saying that people buy it to show off their wealth is just stupid. Why would a successful businessman drive around in a honda civic DX? Sure, he can if he want to, but when you're making good money why not get get something that you like?

-174thfwff
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

BOEING747-700

Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:39 am

Wery well said there 174thfwff, I agree with your point. My family could have gotten away with a firefly but who wants to show people around in that. Somepeople jump all over other people because they can't have what others have.

goingboeing

Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:02 am

Isn't it amazing that the symbol of success in the USA is a TRUCK? Used to be that only rednecks and blue collar folks drove trucks. For 55g's, why not drive a Lexus, Mercedes or BMW?

Nope...folks gotta have a TRUCK...not just any truck though....a truck that towers high above the plebians in their mere Mercedes. A truck that could take them off road if they didn't have to be concerned about body damage on a leased vehicle, and in the Hummers case, had best be taken off road in western Kansas or Iraq, since the thing is too wide to negotiate any offroad area that might have something like, oh, say a TREE to negotiate.

Heck...why not be the first in your neighborhood with a customized Kenworth semi? For hauling the kids to soccer practice, just hook up the trailer, fire up the "Thermo-King" climate control system, and take the whole team? You'll sit higher up than damn near anything on the road, and talk about safety...Mom and the kids will be safely ensconced in leather clad cab, about 5 feet above the rooflines of even the biggest "common" SUV. She might have to learn to drive an 18 speed though, but engineers are hard at work developing the "Mall-o-matic" transmission, to make navigating those crowded Christmastime shopping malls a little easier. And let those jealous roadragers in their Honda's rage away....they're gnats to your heft on the highway. And fuel economy??? Piss off the tree huggers by double clutching and reving that Cummin's Turbodiesel. Let me tell you...you'll be the envy of the neighbors who couldn't do any better than a Jaguar.

[Edited 2003-10-13 23:03:29]

cptkrell

Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:16 am

Goeingboeing digs his hole deeper, but, ultimately to his credit, displays with complete clarity his total mental disconnection with the subject matter at hand.

Other than engage against such drivel, I should only make the point that the second sentence in his opening ("Used to be that only rednecks and blue collar folks drove trucks") flags high an evidently poor recollection of American history. Bend as he wants history, to challenge the way this country built, it will not hold water. The success of the USA was, in fact, developed with the
advent of trucks and then the railroads. Trucks are still the leading transport of merchandise thoughout the continent. Trucks, Mr. Goeingboeing, got you your food, your clothing and such in the old days, as they deliver your goods to you today. And, unless you have your own vertichopter magnetromiterizero in your backyard, they will tomorrow, too. Remember the Studebaker Brothers covered wagons? What the hell did Henry Ford, the Dodge Brothers, (ad infinitum world-wide) succeed with? Certainly not cars for only those that could afford them. They made their impact with trucks that could supply industry; the li'l guy, the large company, the government that built the dams and the other infrastructure(s) that allow us what we do today.

For a guy that professes to be in the 50-year old age bracket, where the heck have you been? In a cave?

That an individual (may) want to drive and use something that he/she finds of a more utilitarian purpose than a Honda Accord may surprise you. Then again, I guess it wouldn't. A Prost to all the Honda drivers. A Prost to all the truck drivers, too. No Prost to you, Goeingboeing....Jack
all best; jack

JAL777

Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:29 am

Cptkrell...

My penis is substantial. It sure ain't the biggest on the block (I think), but I'm happy with it.

I don't care what you drive. I only care that your considerate to me as I am to you on the road. Blocking my view makes you inconsiderate.

goingboeing

Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:29 am

Bend as he wants history, to challenge the way this country built, it will not hold water. The success of the USA was, in fact, developed with the
advent of trucks and then the railroads. Trucks are still the leading transport of merchandise thoughout the continent. Trucks, Mr. Goeingboeing, got you your food, your clothing and such in the old days, as they deliver your goods to you today. And, unless you have your own vertichopter magnetromiterizero in your backyard, they will tomorrow, too. Remember the Studebaker Brothers covered wagons? What the hell did Henry Ford, the Dodge Brothers, (ad infinitum world-wide) succeed with? Certainly not cars for only those that could afford them. They made their impact with trucks that could supply industry; the li'l guy, the large company, the government that built the dams and the other infrastructure(s) that allow us what we do today. For a guy that professes to be in the 50-year old age bracket, where the heck have you been? In a cave?

DAmn...if you were Eddie Albert playing Oliver Wendell Douglass in Green Acres, I'd expect to hear a fife playing in the background with that fantastic dissertation. You are ever so right...and how many white collar guys were driving those trucks? How many housewives didn't just head to the store to buy that food and clothing, but actually DROVE THE TRUCK (as they do today) and delivered it to market...all to make this country great? Seems to me that those knights of the highway were pretty much blue collar, and mom drove the Nash to the store to grocery shop. Maybe if they were a tad wealther, they owned a Buick.

And...mostly the drivers of pickup trucks back then were farmers, or blue collar workers and craftsmen, who actually used those vehicles for the purpose that they were designed for. NOw I don't believe I dissed the impact on trucks in America...I simply pointed out that before the "mines bigger" craze of the SUV's appeared on the scene, the Smiths bought a Cadillac to let the world know they were "successful". When the imports hit the shores, those who wanted to express their success in vehicular manner opted for the Mercedes. As the Japanese influx came to be, Lexus became the vehicle of choice. Of course, there were the more "continental" Americans, who to show their own bit of flair, opted for the Jaguar. Contrast that to today, where the Smiths by a Hummer to outdo the Jones' Suburban. All I'm saying is that if size matters so much, deck out a semi with leather, DVD and surround sound and put your neighbors to shame.

That an individual (may) want to drive and use something that he/she finds of a more utilitarian purpose than a Honda Accord may surprise you. Then again, I guess it wouldn't. A Prost to all the Honda drivers. A Prost to all the truck drivers, too. No Prost to you, Goeingboeing....Jack

I think I'd have more respect if someone opted to drive the military version of the H1...no carpet, no radio, no amenities - just pure brawn. More power to them. But I still can't understand this craze of TRUCKS as a symbole of luxury.

[Edited 2003-10-14 00:30:44]

Jetsgo

Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:28 am

I just thought of this, If an Escalade, LX470, Land Cruiser, and Hummer are all the same size, why does the Hummer get shitted on? Mind you I'm not a fan of the Hummer, but I just thought of this...

Chris
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

goingboeing

Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:36 am

The Hummer gets shit on for several reasons...first - it's ugly as sin. While the others are still trucks, they at least look like a truck. Buying a hummer says "I've got so much money, I can blow it on this ugly assed truck". Back when Mercedes were the status car of the day, some owners did something similar by buying one with that godawful pea green or baby poop brown...It said the same thing...I've got so much money I can order up a luxo-sedan in this horrid color.

Aaron747

Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:48 am

People just want the tax credit.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

rockyracoon

Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:24 am

I've ridden in the old H1 and it was cramped as hell. The new ones have to be more comfortable, but you'd never find me driving one. Give me a car.

cptkrell

Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:38 pm

Not surprising, but interesting at least, that the same silly minds dribble (drivle?) on. I should, at the very least, suggest that you folks (particularly Goeingboeing) re-read your most recent replies, analyise your perspectives, and decide if you are not, in fact, full of you-know-what. Regards...jack
all best; jack