ammunition

Happy Diwali To All Hindus/Sikhs Out There.

Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:05 pm

The festival celebrating ramas victory over the evil 10 headed demon in ancient hindu mythology.
A festival celebrating light over darkness, goodness over evil.
All around the world many millions of people will be celebrating, cooking food, making offerings, giving presents, a time for families to get together and enjoy themselves. Also a time for forgiveness.
Many places will be bursting with a blaze of glory as many millions of divas will be lit throughout the world.
Diwali is as special to indians as christmas is to the people of England for example. (an excuse to get together, enjoy, celebrate for everyone including non religious people or people from a different faith)

Happy Diwali everyone.

[Edited 2003-10-25 14:06:53]
Saint Augustine- 'The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only 1 page'

Marco

RE: Happy Diwali To All Hindus/Sikhs Out There.

Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:06 am

Happy Diwali!

You should see Dubai during Diwali. All the big houses in Jumeira become very well lit with all sorts of colors. Shows just how successful Indians are in Dubai!

Regards! Smile
Proud to be an Assyrian!

BarfBag

Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:38 am

Indeed, a Very Happy Deepawali (the proper way to spell it, despite what you nasty northies think  Wink/being sarcastic) to you all! While it is technically a Hindu festival, in keeping with India's character, it is inclusive, and everyone is welcome to, and do, join in the festivities. It marks the culmination of the fall festival season preceded by Navratri and Dussehra.

lehpron

Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:18 am

Yay! My mom told me about it over the phone, and I'm going to pray as much as I can, without distracting myself.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

Luxair

Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:48 pm

Subh Divali to all of you  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

johnboy

Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:51 pm

"Many places will be bursting with a blaze of glory as many millions of divas will be lit throughout the world."

Not making fun of you at all, but this made me laugh -- sounds like advertising for a new chain of drag queen bars!

On a less cheeky note, I work with an Indian woman, and she told me she was celebrating an "Indian holiday". When I asked her what the occasion was, she said she really couldn't explain it. That it wasn't really analagous to anything over here in the U.S.

bobrayner

Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:12 pm

Don't forget Ramadan!

(I'm not a believer, but I'm fasting)
Cunning linguist