NWA742
Topic Author

Downloading Question

Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:15 am

I've noticed the past few days that when I try to download a file, it automatically starts downloading the file into some temporary folder without popping up that window that lets you specify the area where you want to download it.

Right-click and save as will display the window, but some of the files I need to save, you have to click a link to get them started and it won't let you specify.

About a week ago on every file I clicked, it would always give me that window to specify the location of where the file was to be saved after being downloaded.

Anyone have this problem? How can I fix it?

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

n521na

RE: Downloading Question

Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:13 pm

Open up My Computer. At the top go to Tools and then Folder Options. In the Folder Options window click on view file types. Scroll down to ZIP or whatever type of file you are trying to download. Click on the advanced button and select "Confirm open after download." Hope this helps!

NWA742
Topic Author

RE: Downloading Question

Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:42 pm

N521NA, that worked perfectly.

I appreciate it, thank you very much!  Smile

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs