FlagshipAZ
Topic Author

Help On Credit Cards W/Frequent Flyer Miles

Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:31 am

Hi folks...
Okay, I'm asking for anyone's & everyone's help/opinions/experiences on selecting a credit card that offers the best & most frequent flyers miles. Since I'm in the market for just one card, it doesn't matter to me about it being a 'status symbol'...it just the miles I want to build & use in the future. All replies appreciated. Regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

Brick

RE: Help On Credit Cards W/Frequent Flyer Miles

Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:16 pm

Do you plan on carrying a balance every month or will you be paying it off in full? If you do not want to carry a balance, I recommend an American Express card with the rewards program. If you do plan on carrying a balance from month to month, all of the major airliners have their own credit card that will earn miles in their frequent flyer program. Pick the card that will earn miles on an airline that will benefit you the most.

In my opinion the American Express card Rewards is the better deal. You can use points on many airlines as well as apply them to hotel stays, rental cars, and cruises. With most AMEX cards though, you will be required to pay the balance in full every month.

Mark Abbott
Denver, CO
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

covert

Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:57 pm

All the Visa/Mastercard cards with airline logos suck. Basically they are affinity cards from banks with the only perk being $1 per mile for qualifying purchases up to a ceiling then it becomes 1 mile per $2 spent.

A couple of more perks here and there from time to time.

covert
none

Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:40 pm

FlyerTalk.com is a board that's set-up for miles-related discussions... do a search within Travel Buzz! for "Credit Card Miles" and you'll come up with hundreds of posts on this topic.