Thom@s
Topic Author

Liverpool Vs Man United: The Big Derby!

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:30 am

At present, the score is: United lead by 2 goals to 0. Giggs with two goals (so far).

Now for the question many have in mind: Are Liverpool just going through "one of those fases", or are they starting to plummet towards the first division ( LikE anothEr miDland Strugeling rival) ?

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Aegis

RE: Liverpool Vs Man United: The Big Derby!

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:33 am

Liverpool 1 - Manchester United 2. Only one goal in it now, and 15 minutes to go.
You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Thom@s
Topic Author

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:39 am

Ahem, well... sh*t happens...  Smile

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Aegis

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:43 am

Match over, Heskey missed a great chance to score the equalliser. United win 2-1.

As for the question regarding Liverpool, I bet it's just a fase. Doubt they'll win the Premiership anytime soon though.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Arsenal@LHR

Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:07 am

Liverpool have lost at home against Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd, their biggest rivals. They are going through "one of those phases", but they go through these sticky patches far too often every season. You simply have to beat your biggest rivals at home to stand any chance of winning the title, Liverpool aren't doing that and for that reason they won't win the title. Instead the best they can hope for the 4th place with 1st 2nd and 3rd places being occupied by Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd at the end of the season.
In Arsene we trust!!

trident3

Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:03 am

Hate to be picky, but Liverpool v Man U isnt a derby game because the two teams are from different towns. Man U v Man City or Liverpool v Everton would be derbies.
"We are the warrior race-Tough men in the toughest sport." Brian Noble, Head Coach, Great Britain Rugby League.

Thom@s
Topic Author

Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:40 am

If Newcastle vs Midlesboro can be considered a derby (which it has on several occasions) then so can United and Liverfool.  Big grin

Thom@s

trident3

Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:35 am

Ha, the exception that proves the rule! yes you do get regional derbies, but scousers and mancs would not consider this game to be a derby game. Bolton V Blackburn may be considered as one as would be Southampton v Portsmouth, but a "pool v salford (Man U don't actually play in Manchester) game is not really considered as one.
BTW if Leeds go down they are finished, they will be bust within the year.
"We are the warrior race-Tough men in the toughest sport." Brian Noble, Head Coach, Great Britain Rugby League.