L-188
Topic Author

Global Warming Making Improvements In Wine Quality

Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:21 am

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/11/17/climate.wine.ap/index.html

scientists now believe that the increasing temperatures of that alleged global warming phenomena will increase the quality of the wine grown on this planet.

Climate always has been a major factor in the quality of the harvest and grapes from warmer climates apparently allow for better wine grapes.

Personally I still prefer beer, but it is nice to know that my old clunker is helping to improve the lives of vineyard operators.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Qb001

RE: Global Warming Making Improvements In Wine Quality

Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:13 am

scientists now believe that the increasing temperatures of that alleged global warming phenomena will increase the quality of the wine grown on this planet.

I have to disagree with that belief.

With climate changes, maybe a good Washington State Pinot Noir will taste more like a good California Pinot Noir and a bad Washington State Pinot Noir will taste more like a bad California Pinot Noir. Maybe a good Chablis will taste more like a good Australian Chardonnay and a bad Chablis (does that exist?)will taste more like a bad Australian Chardonnay.

Climate gives a wine its character, its "personality", not its quality. Climate changes therefore will only affect the personality, not the quality. The real qualities of a wine come mostly from the wine maker's abilities.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good theory.