UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

What Are Your Chances Of Getting Promoted?

Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:23 pm

...over here in my company, they are close to 0 if you're not Irish or if you don't swallow. As I don't look like an Irishman and don't like to swallow, my only hope is when I'll be changing companies. How about you ?
Will
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

707CMF

RE: What Are Your Chances Of Getting Promoted?

Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:39 pm

In my current company ?
Less than null. I'd have to swallow a lot. And t be willing to take responsibilities in that company.

Which I don't anymore.

ybacpa

Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:05 am

Lets see... I'm a manager... in my division there are 28 managers & above, but only 7 people below us.

I'd say I'll win the lottery before I get promoted.
SkyTeam: The alliance for third rate airlines finally getting their act together!

LHMark

Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:26 am

About the same as the chances of KROC getting laid. Zero.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

KROC

Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:02 am

At least I have an excuse for not getting laid. I do not have a girlfriend. What is your's LHMark?

LHMark

Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:24 am

KROC, Take heart. You could probably get a promotion in UTA flyinghigh's company.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

aa61hvy

Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:48 am

I am a student assistant, I will never be promoted, because there is nothing above or below me.
--
UTA- is your company taking applications?
Signed,
JCS17
Go big or go home

srbmod

Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:06 am

Slim to none. I just got demoted from being a driver/route sale associate to being a warehouse clerk. I was basically demoted because one of our customers brought a complaint about me to my bosses (a baseless and fabricated complaint at that) and this particular customer is a bit of a hardass (he owns a small number of shops and basically annoys my bosses with petty gripes and demands), and told my bosses that I was banned from working his shops. As a result of this, I was given the choice of going to the warehouse or being fired. I went as far as to apologize to this guy (even though I felt I had done nothing wrong) in the hopes that maybe he'd change his mind, but to no avail. I'm just going to work in the warehouse until I find another job. I'm not very happy with the paycut I've been forced to take with the demotion (going from $1100 a paycheck before taxes to $640 a paycheck just sucks big time), and know that it would be easier for me to get another job if I was currently employed as opposed to unemployed.