PIAforME
Topic Author

Happy Eid Mubarik

Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:23 pm

I wish U all muslims/non-muslims a happy Eid Mubarik day (end of Ramadan).

May U all have a blessed and happy day.

(1 month left to X-mas, countdown started, Merry X-mas in advance)

Cheers

Kamran Sarwar, Copenhagen
PIAforME

covert

RE: Happy Eid Mubarik

Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:48 pm

Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Thanks, it's actually called Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid Mubarak is kinda like saying "Merry Christmas. Big grin

covert
none

PIAforME
Topic Author

Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:03 pm

Hi covert,

Thanks for precising the "technical-term" - but I still prefer keeping the "merry-spirit" - So Happy Eid Mubarik to U as well  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

covert

Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:10 pm

lol I was saying "happy Eid Mubarak" is like saying Merry Merry Christmas. Big grin

Keep it real,
covert
none

PIAforME
Topic Author

Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:12 pm

The more the merrier!

Kamran Sarwar
PIAforME

mandala499

Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:46 am

Eid Mubarak!
Selamat Hari Raya Idul Fitri!
Mohon Ma'af Lahir dan Batin!

No, I'm not going to translate that Big grin

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

TS-IOR

Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:29 am

Aid Fitr mubarek for the whole muslims all over the world,especially those of A.net,unfortunately they are a few.

It is Aid on the whole earth,of God,and beyond,so best greetings to all the non-muslims too.

TS-IOR

Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:33 am

How have you celebrated that in Copenhagen PIAforME,and you Covert in Pennsylvania,and you Mandala499 in Jakarta ?

ScarletHarlot

Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:48 am

Eid greetings and blessings to our Muslim a.net friends. Isn't today a feast day too? Enjoy!
But that was when I ruled the world

sushka

Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:51 am

Well I did not have a happy Eid Mubarik day. I got a D on my English paper.  Sad  Pissed
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

PIAforME
Topic Author

Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:21 am

Hi TS-Ior,

We celebrated today by first going to the "so-called" Mosque (a sports-hall-turned-into-prayer-place) and doing the Eid prayers.

Afterwards returning home to greet the closest family. Then having some of the fab. dishes.

Exchanging gifts and later in the evening visiting other relatives and friends.

Eid-al-Fitr these days is in the winter times here in Copenhagen, so no much outside enjoyment or amusement. No amusements parks. Its either visits to friends and family or like going to the Mall or going for bowling or other indoor activities.

PIAforME
Kamran Sarwar

covert

Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:42 am

Salam Tsi-or,

Went and performed Eid salat at a local mosque, and just kicked it the whole day. Nothing special, just happy that I fasted another month and praised God.

I am at work right now  Smile

covert
none

Arsenal@LHR

Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:11 am

Happy Eid to my fellow a.net muslims, all muslims and non-muslims alike. It's been another successful and fulfilling month of fasting. Respect and peace to everyone.
In Arsene we trust!!

Marco

Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:23 am

Eid Mubarak guys!

As a Christian, I appreciate the Christmas wishes!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

fspilot747

Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:10 am

This time of year is nice, all the holidays around the same time!

Happy Eid, Merry Christmas, Holidays, etc.

FSP  Smile
(go Blue!)

TS-IOR

Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:12 am

Covert,

I hope you will continue praising God and fasting some days,mondays and thursdays particularly,and that you will continue keeping the charge of faith you have gained in Ramadan,and then,of course,expressing all that with the prescribed rituals.

Happy feast for every one.

covert

Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:05 pm

For all that don't know, if you fast six days this Shawwal, that carries an extra blessing...

covert
none

ScarletHarlot

Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:50 pm

Covert, could you please explain Shawwal? I am not familiar with that term.

TS-IOR

Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:54 am

ScarletHarlot,

Shawwal is the month,the moony month, that comes just after Ramadan,and the day of the Aid is the 1st of Shawwal.
After this Month comes Thou Al Kiida,and the Thou Al Hijja in which we find the Hajj season and the Ship Sacrifice in the 10th day.

Any other info Scarlet ? Do not hesitate.

mandala499

Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:09 am

TS-IOR...
Idul Fitri Celebrations here? Well, here's a quick run down Big grin

Package 1. Stay in Jakarta... (I chose this this year)

Starts from the dusk before...
1. After Maghrib, people start feasting, beating drums and calling out AllahuAkbar all night... (which scares the sh1t out of my dogs Big grin )
2. Fireworks and firecrackers party (which is banned by the police but it still happens)
3. 7am Eid prayers... (I missed it again this year coz I was enjoying the mood too much the night before Big grin bad boy me
4. Visit our relatives Eat...
5. Visit another relative Eat...
6. Out at night... eat more!

Day 2.
1. Visit family cemeteries...
2. visit another relative... eat...
3. visit some close colleagies... eat...
4. Stop eating after realizing how much we've eaten in the last 36hrs! Big grin

Package 2. Go to your hometown...

Go and take that looong drive to your hometown, my mum's family is from central java, most of my maternal relatives went there this Eid. Enjoy the long traffic jam with another 5 million people ! Big grin Put your resolve on fasting to the limits !

Go as package 1...
They're all coming back this weekend !

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the fresh air due to little pollution, the light traffic because almost everyone's out of town... which gives good spotting weather Big grin

Mandala499

United777

Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:37 am

Eid Mubarak greetings from me in Seattle everybody!

Farhan Ali
Seattle, USA

TS-IOR

Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:09 am

Mandala499,

I really appreciate the muslim community in South-East Asia,with complements to the other muslims of course.My parents have spent some days in Mecca and Medina this Ramadan and they were really impressed by the politeness and the behaviour of the Indonesians and the Malaysians.

A friend of mine who has lived in Jakarta told me that you cope with fasting,at sunset,with drinking hot water,to avoid thermic shock, due to the long and hot fasting day there.Is this true ?

United777,

I hope you really hold your name,FARHAN (happy) !!!

mandala499

Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:22 am

Yes... hot tea or warm water will do the job... and light up that ciggie if you're stuck in traffic jam somewhere! Keep the hunger away until dinner.

People have actually died from drinking something cold at dusk after a gruelling steamy day of fasting!

So hot tea, and a hot slushy banana mix is the local choice here... I just stick with the hot tea thanks Big grin

Mandala499

covert

Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:38 am

Whew it is a blessing to be here in the wintertime, the fasting day is like 10 hours long and no sweating...

covert
none

ConcordeLoss

Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:30 pm

It is sacrificing sheep/cows/camels in Eid Al-Adha

Just a little correction.

Happy eid , although its over.
"You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best test indicates" Burns to Homer

mandala499

Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:13 pm

I'm not a Hajj yet, so Eid Al-Adha means one thing for me...
Buy a sheep, sacrifice it to feed the less fortunate on that particular day... most likely the orphanage my mum runs... and.... Shooting those Hajj Planes on Camera ! Big grin Big grin Big grin

Assistance to the orphanage is welcomed Big grin

Mandala499

ScarletHarlot

Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:09 pm

Thank you, Ts-ior, for the explanation of Shawwal. Have any of you performed the Hajj? I expect it must be the experience of a lifetime, and uncomparable to anything else.

One of my ex-coworkers was Muslim, and it was always interesting to speak to him about Islam. I remember during Ramadan his hands would always get very cold during the day, so when I boiled water for tea, I would give him the warm kettle to hold in his hands.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

TS-IOR

Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:10 pm

ScarletHarlot,

Performing the Hajj is the dream of every Muslim faithful,but unfortunately it is not that easy.The Hajj trip is becoming more & more expensive,4 to 5,000 Dollars per person, and a lotery,at least in my country,is organized to choose out the persons who will make the journey.

Hajj is the fifth beacon of Islam and it is an obligation for every one who has the financial ability to perform it,and the spiritual aim of this ritual is to gather all the Muslims together,regardless to their origins or their social class.All Muslims are wearing the same clothes,white unsewed pieces covering all the body,and bare-feeted and alltogether praying and asking God for the better of their life and beyond.This is the symbol of equality and fraternity.Hajj is expected,for those who have performed it correctly,to pardon all the sins and misbehaviours that have been made life-long,but the hardest thing is when returning to your home-land,you will have to keep your self as "clean" as possible and never think of returning to any Great sin,alcohol,adultery,...you may have made before.

I hope you all Muslims here to perform an acceptable Hajj inchallah.

ScarletHarlot,it's amazing how you seem interested and well-informed when talking about Islam.You are welcome anytime,for any other information.

airmale

Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:55 pm

First of all, either its Happy Eid or Eid Mubarak, Happy Eid Mubarak is bad English, its how the local film starts here greet viewers on TV.

Secondly Christmas has nothing to do with Christianity, it is not Christ Jesus birthday, its a pagan festival with roots in evil Babylon and even Orthodox Christians dont celebrate it, so for a Muslim to greet anyone whos celebrating something in ignorance thats not even part of their religion is even worse.

Would you wish Devil worshippers who go to the church of Satan a Happy Devils day? or reply to them if they greeted you with the same?
.....up there with the best!

Marco

Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:00 pm

Secondly Christmas has nothing to do with Christianity, it is not Christ Jesus birthday, its a pagan festival with roots in evil Babylon and even Orthodox Christians dont celebrate it, so for a Muslim to greet anyone whos celebrating something in ignorance thats not even part of their religion is even worse.

Christmas day is the birth of Jesus Christ. Orthodox Christians celebrate it on the 7th of January rather than the 25th of December. Airmale, have the decency to respect our (Christian) holiday.

Would you wish Devil worshippers who go to the church of Satan a Happy Devils day? or reply to them if they greeted you with the same?

Ignorance is bliss.

I ask everyone to ignore these comments, as this thread was quite respectful until this guy came along.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

airmale

Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:18 pm

Marco maybe you should delve into the roots of the Christmas festival if you are a true Christian yourself, I do not mean to disrespect it or your religion Im referring to the festival itself and not any part of it related to Jesus*peace be upon him*, and please mind your manners when referring to me in the future, you know me well enough from this forum and I even apologised to you over our previous misunderstandings and we have been discussing religion related isses here with decency since, so you either call me Airmale or Azaad. manners are one of the traits of a true Christian.

Marco

Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:27 pm

Actually I do think it was quite disrespectful to belittle a holiday such as Christmas, which is about the birth of our savior. That is not the behavior of a true Muslim, now is it? Airmale, having manners also means you respect the person you're having a conversation with.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

5NEOO

Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:12 am

Airmale

Shame on you!

Don't you know that all you're doing is giving some right-wing fanatical Christians on this site a whole lot of ammunition by coming up with statements like that.
Admit it, you could care less about the continent Africa!

mandala499

Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:50 am

Airmale,

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful,

S2:62
Those who believe (in the Qur-an),
And those who follow the Jewish scriptures,
And the Christians and the Sabians,
Any who believe in God and the Last Day,
And (those who) work rightousness,
Shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

S2:114
And who is more unjust than he who forbids that in places for the worship of God, God's name should be Celebrated? Whose Zeal is it in fact to ruin them? It was not fitting that such should themselves enter them except in fear. For them there is nothing but disgrace in this world, and in the world to come, an exceeding torment.

Amin.
------------------
So let them believe in what they want to believe, so we can believe what we want to believe. There is is no greater disgrace than to forbid them from believing in God.

Let them have Christmas, and we have our Eid.

It's not a place for us mere humans to judge them for humans, no matter how righteous, are inherrently sinful themselves!

Give it a break mate ! Big grin We live in a colourful world! Live it! Appreciate it !
If you're unable to do that, I suggest you get deleted from this place.

Mandala499

[Edited 2003-12-03 19:02:28]

[Edited 2003-12-03 19:05:17]

PIA777

Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:19 am

Khar Mubarik, a belated Eid Mubarik to all the muslims out there, and muslim A.net'ers.

-PIA777
GO CUBS!!

airmale

Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:07 pm

Marco- Its you who in a rude fashion referred to me as "guy" when you know me well by my usename i.e Airmale, so you're the one who was disrespectful, as I said since we cleared our differnences about a year ago we have been discussing matters with mutual respect, I was quite taken aback with your rude referral to me as such, perhaps I should've known better.

mandala499

Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:14 pm

5neoo,

Don't you know that all you're doing is giving some right-wing fanatical Christians on this site a whole lot of ammunition by coming up with statements like that.

Well, maybe they're setting up paramilitary armies at the moment to prepare for Armageddon because of his comments ! Big grin Big grin

Just kidding... Geez, we need more humour in this world!

Mandala499

Marco

Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:16 pm

Airmale I apologize if I offended you. But perhaps you can understand my reaction regarding your post. I take Christmas very seriously...
Proud to be an Assyrian!