L-188
Topic Author

2 Monday Night Football Games A Week.

Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:19 pm

Apparently the NFL is considering switiching to a schedual that will provide for two Monday Night Football matchups a week.

Apparently they think it will add more "excitement" to the game.

I personally think this is an attempt to get more money out of the consumer, and will weaken the "specialness"(is that even a word?) of the Monday night game that makes it so well view and popular in the US.

What are you opinons.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

srbmod

RE: 2 Monday Night Football Games A Week.

Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:53 am

This on the heels of last year's idea of making the MNF game for the first half of season fixed, and the second half's MNF schedule based on what games were the most compelling. Never went past the planning stages as Fox and CBS cried foul on it. And I think this idea will die the same death.

CactusA319

Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:50 am

I personally think this is an attempt to get more money out of the consumer, and will weaken the "specialness"(is that even a word?) of the Monday night game that makes it so well view and popular in the US.

How are they getting more money from the consumer? Aren't MNF tickets priced the same as a regular Sunday ticket? (I've never actually bought a ticket to an MNF game, hence my question.)

I do agree it kind of dilutes ABC's product somewhat. The way they want to do it is, they'll televise the more popular game nationally, the less popular game gets televised regionally. Since the NFL is so unpredictable these days, this would lessen the chance of ABC getting a crap matchup late in the year, as has been the case the last few years. ABC would pay Fox and CBS any monetary losses they would have by taking one of their weekly games from them.

USAFHummer

Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:12 am

This is going to kill the prestige of MNF...I hope they don't do it...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

USAIRWAYS321

Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:14 am

I agree 100% with Greg. This would be a really bad move.

Brett