JetService
Topic Author

Any Bird Owners?

Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:34 pm

My kids miss our dog after having to euthanize him a few weeks ago and they want another pet, but the wife isn't ready for another dog or cat. So for Christmas, I bought them a pair of Australian Zebra Finches. I've owned tons of different types of pets before, but never birds. I heard these species of birds are somewhat low maintanence, so I thought I'd give them a try. I'm very good at caring for my pets and certainly intend to take good care of them, but would like a bit of insight. I'm hoping to build them a nice aviary in our great room and have questions about lighting, temperature and size of space and whether or not I can use plexiglass rather than screen or bars. I got them today from someone at work and am leaving them there until I can prepare a nice home for them (plus she is there to help if I need some). I must say, they are rather pleasant little creatures despite being Australian. Big grin Any finch owners here?
"Shaddap you!"

JAL777

RE: Any Bird Owners?

Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:45 pm

I used to have finches years ago. Even had a pair that mated and had baby finches. All in all it was a good experience. Unfortunately... some mysterious disease attacked them all and they quickly croaked.  Sad