radarbeam

Looking To Buy A New Game - Suggestions?

Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:27 pm

Hi folks,

I'd like to expand my gaming beyond FS9. I had in mind buying either The Sims or Counter Strike. I know that EA is working on The Sims 2 and maybe I should wait for that to come out. Do you guys have any suggestions? What your favorite game?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

LHMark

RE: Looking To Buy A New Game - Suggestions?

Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:22 pm

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Call of Duty, and the ubiquitous Grand Theft Auto: Vice City are all excellent.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

srbmod

Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:18 am

A second on GTA Vice City. But if you want a GTA-type game mixed with some humor, Simpsons Hit & Run. It's basically GTA3 redone using Simpsons charaters minus the bloodshed. The entire town of Springfield is filled with references to episodes (like the Love Tester machine in Moe's) and you hear quite a few classic Simpsons line (my personal fav: "I am Evil Homer, I am Evil Homer....")

kingsford

Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:37 am

The Sims I bought, The Sims I never played !

SimCity4 I bought, SimCity4 I always play...

But FS9 my all time favourite, sure is !

Looking for next game : A good 'space war' kind of game, I sure would like to know about ! (I am using my Yoda voice immitation)

Jaws707

Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:33 am

My favorite PC game is C&C Generals. Playing againt the computer is fun, but nothing beats playing other people online. Calll of duty is a fun 1st person shooter that is really intense.

c172akula

Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:35 am

Kingsford: If you can get your hands on it go with the Descent series of space combat games. Both "Freespace: The Great War" and "Freespace 2" are amazing space combat games. I put them only second to "Tie Fighter" as the best in my opinion.

Radarbeam: If you have a good internet connection go with Battlefield 1942, with all the new mods out there for it (especially Forgotten Hope) it's a great game to play.

I hear that call of duty is really great, but for some it is too scripted to fully enjoy.

b757300

Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:51 am

If you're only after single player, Simcity 4 is excellent. If you'd like a good single player first person shooter, go for Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and its two addons, Spearhead and Breakthrough.

If you're looking for a multiplayer game, WWII Online might be a good one to look at. It doesn't suffer from cheaters like many other online games but it does cost $12.99 per month.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

sebolino

Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:44 am

The best strategy game ever:

Total annihilation.

No ueseless 3D, but only fun !! (to play with other players through Internet).

Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:00 am

Well.. there is always a heavily modded FS2002pro but that takes a lot of computer since the mods will choke the biggest race horse anyone can screw together.

A fave of mine is Ghost Recon.. Squad based infantry tactics/ first person shooter, realistic sounds and lovely blood splatter, great for relieving stress after dealing with assholes all day.

I loved the sims but found it to be too addictive, sit down to play it for 5 minutes and 3 days later after not sleeping people start to call wondering if you died. I gave my copy away to someone just to get it away from me.

Sim City 4... AWESOME game.. loved it, just like the other Sim Cities but much improved upon again.

Older stuff: Command and Conquer Red Alert2 is good... another good way to pass a rainy saturday and it takes less time and aggrivates girlfriends less than flying a 777 ORD to LHR in FS2002.

azo

Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:49 am

Counter Strike. ALWAYS COUNTER STRIKE.
Kalamazoozoozoozoozoozoozoo

radarbeam

Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:39 pm

Well after much looking around I opted for Splinter Cell, I had to choose between Half Life Deluxe (CS included) but finally decided to wait for Half Life 2 to come out.

Thanks to all your inputs.
Nick

kingsford

Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:45 pm

I love FS9 but people around me and to whom I show the game wonder how I can think it's fun to watch a plane on AP flying from Frankfurt to Singapore ... and my friend syas I spend more time downloading extras than actually playing. Any insights from FS9 players ?

SIMCITY4 is just addictive and I can play hours. I like the fact that it's not as easy to get a city going compared to previous versions.

The Sims : That game scares me cause it's like living your life by procuration and I am not patient enough for these Sims.

Anyone knows if there is a Trivial Pursuit game for PC out there with limitless questions ?

Happy Christmas from snowstorm Bucharest, dunno if I will be able to fly out of this dump for my holidays tomorrow!