United777
Topic Author

Chilling Al-Qaeda Threats

Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:41 am

Just read this on foxnews.com about how terror threats on Al-Qaeda websites are showing up more lately. It also urges Muslims to leave US so they don't get killed. I'll tell you I am a Muslim.........AND I'M NOT LEAVING FOR STUPID IDIOTS THAT MAKE MY RELGION LOOK BAD! F'ING COWARDS!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,106574,00.html

Farhan Ali
Seattle, USA

SSTjumbo

RE: Chilling Al-Qaeda Threats

Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:51 am

Dickville hasn't been mentioned, I wonder why? Perhaps because dead people keep voting in their own terrorist?
I don't know, so this is my signature.

david b.

Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:22 am

You notice how these idiots keep making threats but nothing ever happens?
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

An-225

Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:31 am

Time to stop this god damn propaganda... Oh, and Fox News is definitely a credible source of FAIR AND BALANCED (Right) information.

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

DLKAPA

Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:54 am

Good Call, Alex

DLKAPA
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

JeffM

Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:00 am

You don't seem to understand "Balance" Eric.

CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS lean to the left in their reporting

FOX leans to the right in theirs. Just as credible.

Balance? You figure it out.

DLKAPA

Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:03 am

Howdy ho, Jeff, nice to see ya on this fine christmas eve, how are things going where you are?

And my "good call" reference was to the picture, not the quote. I think FOX is fair in their opinion, they give credible information to back what they are reporting.

DLKAPA
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Espion007

Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:55 am

what kinda terrorist orginization is stupid enough to post their threats on the internet? why not surprise everyone when the threat is not orange. I bet America has turned into post-war germany. Well,every country goes through a dark period one time or another...
Snakes on a Plane!

DeltaSFO

Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:13 am

Oh, and Fox News is definitely a credible source of FAIR AND BALANCED (Right) information.

Yeah, God forbid any network should dare to not slant all their coverage to the left.

Fox is not perfect, but it's no less fair and no less balanced than any other network.
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

aa61hvy

Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:45 am

Kind of off topic, but I would love to stand toe-to-toe with a terrorist and duke it out...
Go big or go home

windshear

Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:07 am

This is not something FOX reports...This has been officially commented...

The US government have also commented these threats that came out in November!
Look at your country's state of alert, it just rose from yellow to orange the second highest...There was a cancellation of all Air France flights to and from LA one of the cities mentioned in the threats...

I know what you feel when you say nothing happens, but you have no idea how much has been prevented, so speaking out of concern please don't say nothing will happen, because that was also what you guys said before 911...

This might be big and this might not be anything...

Terror groups seldomly warn about terror attacks, they mostly warn just to create fear, but again if something huge happens in a large city, well then there will always be people who get killed, even though there has been warnings...

Watch out you guys there's a lot of hate comming your way...

Farhan Ali that was a great show of concern from your behalf! We need the voices of the many silent to speak out and to state to the Muslim world that this is NOT Islam, that Islam does not accept killing and suicide...

Speak up and let your self be heard, its the only way for others to hear you...
Boaz...
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

Delta767300ER

United777/Windshear

Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:00 pm

I agree with your guys comments about Islam does not accept killing and suicide. Too many people think Islam is about violence and encourages terrorism. I have several Muslim and Arab friends and they have explained some parts of Islam to me and I think its pretty interesting. Its ashame that a few "bad apples" give Islam a bad rap.

-Delta767300ER

artsyman

Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:09 pm

The problem I have is that often sympathisers try to imply that it is a "few" bad apples. When 9.11 happened, there were hundreds of thousands dancing in the streets of almost every arab land. The best selling toys in the arab lands are MINI WTC buildings with planes, and posters of Osama. If it were a few bad apples, then we would not be seeing what we see.

Jeremy

tranceport

Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:30 pm

We continually hear about how Islam is against violence and terrorism. To me the real proof not in the ideal but based on reality. The ideals, doctrines and tenants of Islam may be against terror and violence, but this is certainly not how the world is experiencing it. Actions speak louder than words and a generation of North Americans are growing up equating Islam and Arabic peoples with death and destruction, whether it is true or not.

SSTjumbo

Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:31 pm

I just thought of something: Al Quaeda telling Muslims to leave America to save themselves from being killed is like me, a Christian, being told by the KKK (that's kinda a Christian mvmt, I believe) to flee my neighborhood while they committ hate crimes against their enemies. Hello, this is where I live, and I ain't going nowhere.

BTW, though I believe they're a rather passive group right now, their white robes would be at the business end of poopstain bombs flyin' out my window if they ever did do something nasty in the neighborhood, though I doubt they would anytime soon. Just had to pick on those dumb bozos.

artsyman

Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:35 pm

The KKK are a bigoted racist organization, not a religious one. The carry out their business (as disgusting as it is) in the name of racism. Al Qaeda carry out all their business in the name of Islam, and also continually spout out that it is the Muslim duty to carry out such attacks. The clerics do the same thing. This is fact, it is proven, and OBL is on tape saying it.

J

bigphilnyc

Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:30 pm

Yeah, as said earlier, yu have to understand that you dont know how many 9/11's have been prevented, even before 9/11. If the CIA was a goalie, how do we know that 9/11 was jst one shot out of 100 that trickled in? You dont. Same goes for these alerts. Would it shock you if these acts were prevented in prior alerts and kept hush hush so not to think we are so vulnerable?

A few years ago when I was more personally involved with the state of my nation, I learned a lot about the hard work that our intelligence community puts forth, as long as fools like Clinton don't take away funding.

But I can go on putting partial blame on lots of people (from Clinton to the Truman Doctrine), but it comes down to the absolute pyschopaths flying those planes that day.

Phil Derner Jr.

777236ER

Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:09 pm

The KKK are a bigoted racist organization, not a religious one.

So the flaming cross is used for aesthetic reasons?
Your bone's got a little machine

artsyman

Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:55 pm

So the flaming cross is used for aesthetic reasons?

Well their actions do not seem to take a religious calling. I agree there is use of the cross, but they do not go out attacking people in the name of religion, and they do not see, to have actions that are along religious lines. They do follow the colour lines, but not the religious. While it is totally possible that there is a strong religious link, it doesn't seem to manifest in their actions or decisions.

Is the KKK disgusting ? hell yes, do they plan to blow up small children at Birthday parties, do they hijack planes in the name of the KKK, do they make planes to gas, poison, blow up innocents as a daily commitment with a promise of virgins ?...Nope, sorry they do not

J

[Edited 2003-12-25 12:10:19]

777236ER

Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:56 pm

I agree there is use of the cross, but they do not go out attacking people in the name of religion, and they do not see, to have actions that are along religious lines. They do follow the colour lines, but not the religious

It's clear these wackos think that the US is for good ol' traditional Christian white-folk. Hence the cross.

Is the KKK disgusting ? do they plan to blow up small children at Birthday parties, do they hijack planes in the name of the KKK, do they make planes to gas, poison, blow up innocents as a daily commitment with a promise of virgins ?...Nope, sorry they do not

Are you saying the KKK isn't disgusting because they "only" kill black people?

artsyman

Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:10 pm

Sorry, No, I meant to put a Yes after the Is the KKK disgusting..., JUST A TYPO, and is now fixed

J

777236ER

Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:14 pm

So what's the difference between blowing up a pizza place and killing someone because they're black? Surely they're both evil. The KKK is just as bad as Al-Qaeda.

artsyman

Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:23 pm

The KKK do not often go out killing people. Look this is getting into dodgy ground for me, as I do not wish to defend in any way, the actions of the KKK. They are morally repugnant, but they are not Al Qaeda. There has been some attacks against individuals, but it is far from the norm for them. Attacks or no attacks, they are as I said repugnant. I do not support, believe in or approve in any way with anything that the KKK does or stands for. That said, to equate them with Al Qaeda is just not accurate. The KKK are not in active pursuit of world domination, they are not blowing people up day in an day out. They are not a threat to the worlds very survival, they are not a threat to the worlds economy, and they do not have a habit of hijacking commercial airliners and flying them into office buildings.

777236ER

Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:36 pm

So we're getting into "degrees of bad"? What's the point? They're both bad, why not just leave it at that?

But they're religious in the same way that Al Qaeda is - hijacking a peaceful religion to fulfil their own stupid goals. With the KKK, it's using the cross to help justify murdering people. With Al Qaeda, it's using the Qoran to help justify murdering people.

artsyman

Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:43 pm

So you are suggesting that a 8 year old kid that steals a chocolate bar from a shop is just as bad as Al Qaeda ?.

I understand your analogy, but it misses reality in the comparisons we are discussing

J

777236ER

Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:48 pm

So you are suggesting that a 8 year old kid that steals a chocolate bar from a shop is just as bad as Al Qaeda ?.

No I'm saying murdering people is just as bad as Al Qaeda.  Insane

4holer

Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:24 am

777236ER,

Hate to butt in here, but for all of the European bitching about the American "biased media", you seem to be getting a great deal of biased or extremely outdated news.
The fact is that the KKK, as you seem to understand it, simply does not exist anymore. Yeah, there are occasional "meetin's" of semi-toothed white trash losers who think that they are part of something significant because they are allowed to speak on public property like everyone else. They are more of a symbolic image of past violence, but it has not existed in reality as it does in your mind (murders) since the 60's or earlier.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Edited for typo.

[Edited 2003-12-25 16:25:54]
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

777236ER

Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:31 am

The fact is that the KKK, as you seem to understand it, simply does not exist anymore. Yeah, there are occasional "meetin's" of semi-toothed white trash losers who think that they are part of something significant because they are allowed to speak on public property like everyone else. They are more of a symbolic image of past violence, but it has not existed in reality as it does in your mind (murders) since the 60's or earlier.

They did murder people, and that's the point. I'm not trying to say the America is evil, as I'm sure you're thinking. I'm trying to counter comments like "So you are suggesting that a 8 year old kid that steals a chocolate bar from a shop is just as bad as Al Qaeda ?"

artsyman

Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:56 am

Actually, your original comment that prompted the 8 year old comment was "So we're getting into "degrees of bad"? What's the point? They're both bad, why not just leave it at that?

There is a big difference between many crimes, and there is a huge difference between KKK and Al Qaeda, and it is a difference than virtually everyone other than the specifically argumentative would agree with.
j

4holer

Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:22 am

Vikings did some murders too, but I do not see how that is relevant to present-day terrorism either.

BTW,
Are you saying the KKK isn't disgusting because they "only" kill black people?

About the most ridiculous thing you've ever said here. For many reasons.
In a nutshell, it's because they, like Vikings, don't kill anyone much these days. The jihadists you so staunchly defend seem to be getting pretty good at it. In the present. Real life. Now.

Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

777236ER

Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:48 am

and there is a huge difference between KKK and Al Qaeda, and it is a difference than virtually everyone other than the specifically argumentative would agree with.

What is the point in arguing this? The original point was, you said the KKK wasn't religion. I said using a cross made it religious. They're both bad. They both murder people (or did, at least). Agreed?

The jihadists you so staunchly defend seem to be getting pretty good at

What the fucking hell are you talking about? Where have I defended the "jihadists"?

Does comparing a bunch of West-hating murdering thugs with a bunch of black-hating murdering thugs make me a "jihadist supporter"?!

[Edited 2003-12-25 18:49:05]

SSTjumbo

Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:12 am

Folks, relax for a minute and let me say my piece on what I was saying about the KKK:

Undoubtedly back in the days they would lynch blacks and burn buildings that contained them. Today, the only public attention I've seen them get is on the Jerry Springer show, however, they used to be a strong group within the US. I don't think they liked Catholics too much, which I am, but had they not known that they might have warned me in a similar way to escape an office building before they burn it and the "blacks" inside. Well, I'd have to respond by saying that: 1) I do not disapprove of that group of people, 2) I will not abandon an office building I have money invested in, though I may only be a tenant or a worker, nor will I spend money to move anything out, 3) You touch my building and I will make you will pay with solid cash, jailtime, or something of that nature. This is speaking modern day, of course, sorry for jumping all over the time frame, but hopefully you can see the comparisons.