airmale

A.net Foreign Members Meetings Why?

Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:37 am

I can understand people at this forum from the same city or country meeting, but why the heck do foreigners meet others in other countries and cities, like what do you guys do? go watch planes and pass comments on how it took off and how it landed? dont you do that here?
.....up there with the best!

zak

RE: A.net Foreign Members Meetings Why?

Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:42 am

since planes are often used to link countries, i think it is only natural that people interested in planes meet people from other countries.
and on second thought i wonder what is so odd about it? ok i am well aware of the fact that people in pakistan do not travel to neighboring countries on such a daily basis as for example europeans, but i still fail to see whats so odd about meeting people from other countries? after all its just people you share a hobby with and happen to know more or less, even if it is just over the net in many cases. so what is so odd about wanting to meet those people? nothing if you leave out nationality. and nationality should not ever play a role in socializing because that would be a thing for the nationalists and bigots.
10=2