777236ER
Topic Author

The Most Outrageous Lie Yet!

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:51 am

Take your pick: "Saddam Hussain has an advanced nuclear weapons programme." "Saddam Hussain recently sought significant quantites of uranium from Africa." "Saddam Hussain aids and protects terrorsts, including members of Al Qaeda."

Let's ignore the more domestic lies like "I'll leave no child behind" and focus on the ones that helped kill 9000 Iraqi civilians, not to mention 581 dead US soldiers - 345 of them after the war had supposedly ended!

This is an old topic, yet the fact that no weapons of mass destruction have been found confirms what was said in the topics - George Bush either lied about the reasons for going to war, or the intelligence he recieved was scarily incorrect.

Does anyone care to defend George Bush? Not by giving personal opinions as to why we went to war (to get out of Saudi Arabia, to get rid of that bad man, to help those poor poor Iraqis) but by using actual quotes by Bush to show what his real objectives were.
Your bone's got a little machine

DLKAPA

RE: The Most Outrageous Lie Yet!

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:53 am

As his chief secret service agent, I hereby move aside to let the attacks begin.

DLKAPA
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

JAL777

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:57 am

What is the purpose of this post?

Bush is a lying sack of shit... happy?

vafi88

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:57 am

Well, you never know, there ARE screw ups in the white house sometimes, under any given president. But I think this is one of the largest...

There are no WMDs
There are no connections to Al-quida
There are no documents about purchased Uranium

There's no proof any of it existed... I'm expecting someone to say *there's no proof they didn't exist either* well, for you my friend, is maybe so, but if there were doubts, we shouldn't have gone to war.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

DC10GUY

Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:01 pm

777236ER, Some how people will defend the lies ... Like the standard "we are safer with Saddam gone" or "the Iraqi people needed us to free them" But the reason for Dubyas lies are simple ...... Oil. Its why we're in Iraq.
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

777236ER
Topic Author

Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:01 pm

What is the purpose of this post?

It seems to have more purpose than a post entitled "Bork bork bork". It's a post encouraging political discussion.

Bush is a lying sack of shit... happy?

I would be if you actually believe that. But you don't. Above I posted three phrases that Bush said to the American public before going to war. They are the key three phrases in his reasons for going to war. They were all proved to be false. What do you think about that?

DLKAPA

Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:05 pm

Didn't Bush award the US Oil companies 6 million barrells of Iraq black gold?

or am I being misled?

DLKAPA
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

BlatantEcho

Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:10 pm

The best question to pose is simple:

Would we still have invaded Iraq if its major export was broccoli?

George
They're not handing trophies out today

L-188

Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:20 pm

Funny, very funny post.

Too bad 777236ER doesn't mention that it was British intel that started the Africa connection.

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

DLKAPA

Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:22 pm

Who cares who's intel it was? couldn't they have maybe VERIFIED it?

DLKAPA

Theiler

Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:23 pm

Could we please discuss this issue more exhaustively?

JAL777

Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:58 pm

It's a post encouraging political discussion.

No its not. It's a post encouraging a bunch of mindless people throwing insults at each other, each other's countrys, politicians, and their mamas.

Please... get a life.

777236ER
Topic Author

Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:05 pm

Please... get a life.

You might want to say that to the realitives of the 9000 dead Iraqis, who probably feel quite upset. Do you have no remorse for your President's lies?

L-188

Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:09 pm

I sleep quite well with him at the helm 777236ER.

Of course if you are a supporter of terrorism, I could see where you probably wouldn't sleep as well.

I take it by the fact you brought this subject up, that you don't sleep well.

777236ER
Topic Author

Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:15 pm

Of course if you are a supporter of terrorism, I could see where you probably wouldn't sleep as well.

I take it by the fact you brought this subject up, that you don't sleep well.

Insane

So you can't defend the lies, and resort to personal insults? It says a lot about your devotion to Bush.

sebolino

Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:18 pm

Of course I agree totally 777236ER.

But one should not forget also all the, well ... not lies, but supposed doubts spreads by the US govt about the presence of French, German and Russian WMD or materials to build WMD.

Still no French weapons were found, not even a firework, contrary to what [put here the name of one of the many trigger-happy-France-hater] said constantly during weeks.

commander_rabb

Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:48 pm

If you think it's all lies, you had better start with your own P.M. as he's in it just as deep as Bush.

What say ye?

*yawn*

yyz717

Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:22 pm

The only blatant political lie I can think of is the following:
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

...and it was not GWB.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

Qb001

Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:30 pm

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman". ...and it was not GWB

That lie didn't kill anyone, contrary to Bush lies, that have killed thousands of innocent people.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good theory.

yyz717

Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:37 pm

contrary to Bush lies, that have killed thousands of innocent people.

Bush has saved more lives than he has "killed". It is estimated that 1M Iraqi's were murdered during the Saddam rule. This killing spree has come to an end.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

sebolino

Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:40 pm

The only blatant political lie I can think of is the following: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

Pretty harmless.

What about : "The game is over" ?

Arsenal@LHR

Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:41 pm

...and it was not GWB.

So you're equating a rare act of sexual satisfaction by Clinton, with the invasion of a soverign nation based on unclear and circumstantial evidence, which has lead to the deaths of all those people mentioned by 777236ER?

Which is the more serious? What Clinton did and lied (something which happens in offices around the world if you haven't noticed) or George W's decision to "free the Iraqi people"?

Did Clintons sexual antics lead to the deaths of Iraqi civilians and American soldiers? Never mind that a dictator has been disposed of, that was never the reason for going to war, WMD's were.

In Arsene we trust!!

yyz717

Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:51 pm

So you're equating a rare act of sexual satisfaction by Clinton,

A rare act? LOL....it was fairly common. Monica Lewinsky, Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, etc etc etc....the list goes on.

Clinton has been impeached. GWB has not been.

sebolino

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:10 pm

Clinton has been impeached

??

He has not !!

airplay

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:14 pm

How about "Read my lips...no new taxes".....

This debate about sex in the whitehouse is silly. That whole thing didn't even warrant the attention it got. I'm sure there are some that would be outraged that the Clintons prefer it "doggy style" but it really isn't anyone's business but theirs.

Clinton has been impeached. GWB has not been.

Yet...

Arsenal@LHR

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:22 pm

You're dodging the question. Whose reckless actions, Clinton or Bush, has cost lives and will have a effect on America in the years to come?
In Arsene we trust!!

HOMER71

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:40 pm

Actually, Sebolino, Clinton was impeached in 1998. "Impeach" means to be charged with whatever he did wrong. He was eventually "acquitted".

"Whose reckless actions, Clinton or Bush, has cost lives and will have a effect on America in the years to come?"

Well, Sudan did offer to hand Bin Laden over to the U.S., and Clinton turned them down...I wonder what lasting effect did that have?
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

Arsenal@LHR

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:46 pm

Well, Sudan did offer to hand Bin Laden over to the U.S., and Clinton turned them down...I wonder what lasting effect did that have?

Invalid comparison. We are comparing Clintons sex act with George W Bush's decision to go to war, it seems like people always mention Clinton lies with GWB's false claims of WMD's, Al Qaeda connections with Iraq and Uranium. For a third time, whose actions were the deadlier and resulted in human loss and suffering?
In Arsene we trust!!

HOMER71

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:48 pm

Well, was Clinton receiving a "hummer" when he turned down the Sudanese?  Big grin
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

yyz717

Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:12 am

How about "Read my lips...no new taxes".....

Actually, GB Sr said "Read my lips....no gnu taxes". A gnu (pronounced "new") is an African antelope. GB did not tax them.

Whose reckless actions, Clinton or Bush, has cost lives and will have a effect on America in the years to come?

Clinton refused to go after IBL after the NBO & initial WTO bombings which made the US look weak & led directly to 9-11.

Bush, on the other hand, has probably saved lives in the long run by deposing Saddam. Saddam killed an estimated 1M Iraqi's during his reign....this killing would likely have continued.

EA CO AS

Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:30 am

Oil. Its why we're in Iraq.

So then why didn't we go after the Saudis instead? They'd have been easier to knock over, have FAR more oil, and Osama bin Laden would have been overjoyed to see the Saudi royal family deposed.

Oops. Torpedoes your little theory, doesn't it?  Insane

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

777236ER
Topic Author

Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:39 am

If you think it's all lies, you had better start with your own P.M. as he's in it just as deep as Bush.

What say ye?

My own P.M. will get his commupance soon enough. And either it's all lies, or it was bad intel.

What say ye?

...and it was not GWB.

Clinton has nothing to do with this post.

If George Bush wasn't lying, it was bad intelligence. Which one was it?

It is estimated that 1M Iraqi's were murdered during the Saddam rule. This killing spree has come to an end.

So Bush WAS lying about the reason for going to war? Did he not think the American public would want to topple a ruthless dictator on his own? WMDs had to be thrown in for good measure?

Quite simply, George Bush either lied or there was a massive intelligence error. Either way, thousands of innocent people died. While it's all very well to say "but more people were saved!", the public was grossly mislead by lies/false information.

jaysit

Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:58 am

"Oops. Torpedoes your little theory, doesn't it?"

No it doesnt. Clearly reality and geopolitics isnt your forte.
If the United States launched an attack against the birthplace of the Prophet Muhammed for oil, I doubt if you or the world as we know it would be standing today. Even Dubya knows better than that, which aint saying much for you. Iraq offers an excellent opportunity for an exit strategy from Saudi Arabia.

"Clinton refused to go after IBL after the NBO & initial WTO bombings which made the US look weak & led directly to 9-11"

More simplistic blather.
This is the chronology of the OBL, Clinton, Sudan connection.
Sudan offered to arrest Osama bin Laden in the early spring of 1996 and place him in Saudi custody on the eve of the pullout of all American staff from our embassy in Khartoum. The Clinton administration spent 3 months trying to convince the Saudis to accept OBL. The Saudis refused because they feared a backlash. The refusal came from King Fahd himself. Unable to persuade the Saudis to accept bin Laden, and lacking a case to indict him in U.S. courts at the time given advice by the FBI at the time, the Clinton administration finally gave up on persuading the Saudis. In addition, the Sudanese offer was suspect: there was strong evidence that Khartoum was trying to directly assasinate Sec. Advisor Anthony Lake at the time, who was under armed guard in DC.

Sudan finally expelled bin Laden in May, 1996 to Afghanistan because they feared direct US hits in Khartoum following the embassy pullout, the Lake issue, and the fact that OBL was becoming a liability with the presence of nearly 300 armed Jihadis in Khartoum. Even after the East African embassy bombings in NBO and Daresalaam, intelligence directly leading to OBL was scarce (although it was widely suspected which led to the US attacks on Khartoum and Afghanistan in 1998). However, even in 1998, the US was still acting on a pure hunch. But, by the time the WTC attacks took place, there was a huge dossier on OBL. However, by then OBL took direct credit for the attacks, and the case was complete.

Atheism is Myth Understood.

sebolino

Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:10 am

If the United States launched an attack against the birthplace of the Prophet Muhammed for oil, I doubt if you or the world as we know it would be standing today>

That's right !
And more of that, you need a good excuse to attack a country. WMDs are a good excuse it seems, but Bush couldn't talk about WMDs in Arabia as Arabia was allied with the US again Iraq in the first Iraq war. So no threat to scare Americans with.

covert

Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:27 am

Oil. Its why we're in Iraq.

So then why didn't we go after the Saudis instead? They'd have been easier to knock over, have FAR more oil, and Osama bin Laden would have been overjoyed to see the Saudi royal family deposed.

Oops. Torpedoes your little theory, doesn't it?

You don't see the big picture here. How would the world view the US if we annexed our allies?

You:  Insane

Me:  Insane
none

DC10GUY

Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:27 am

Well said 777236ER, once again I would take your excellant post 1 step further and add that he lied for oil....

DC10GUY

Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:03 pm

EA CO AS, The Saudis are already in Dubyas back pocket. Saddam wouldn't play ball with big Texas oil, so he was removed. That's why the American soldiers an Iraqi citizens are being killed there.

Boeing4ever

Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:48 pm

He has not !!

Allow me to nitpick Sebolino...YES, he has.

You confuse impeachment with removal from office. Two presidents have been impeached. None have been removed. Richard Nixon was about to be impeached, but he resigned before the House drafted the formal articles...then was later pardoned by Gerald Ford.

Further explanation...in order to remove a President from power (other than through the election process, like say during the middle of his term), the House of Representatives must first draft Articles of Impeachment. If/when they vote to impeach him, the case moves to the US. Senate, which actually tries the President on these charges.

Clinton WAS impeached, but he WAS NOT convicted.

B4e-Forever New Frontiers

sccutler

Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:44 pm

Also, for purposes of historical accuracy, take note that President Clinton's key mistake in the whole Lewinsky matter was not getting the hummers (for which he is still well-criticized, but not prosecutable); rather, he opted to to perjure himself when asked about it.

Which, by the way, is why he has been disbarred by the Arkansas bar.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

jaysit

Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:49 pm

"Which, by the way, is why he has been disbarred by the Arkansas bar."

And deservedly so. The ex-President for all his strengths proved to be a shabby coward in the end who couldnt fess up to one lousy blowjob.

L-188

Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:50 pm

I don't think giving the public the best intel they had at the time, from a country that is deliberately misleading you, should be considered a "lie".

jaysit

Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:54 pm

The CIA did not base its intelligence from official Iraqi sources and Saddam Hussein's pals. Your assumption of intelligence obtained from a country that was deliberately misleading us fails on that account.

JeffM

Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:59 pm

Jay you work for the CIA now? Wow, maybe we should go easy on you..?

L-188

Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:00 pm

There is significant evidence that those commanders in charge of the programs in Iraq where deliberately misleading Saddam, making him think that he was farther along then he realized, and skimming money off the top that was ment to be spent on those projects.

If the US intercepted those Iraqi intergovernmental communications, then I don't believe they are at fault for not picking up the real strength of the program.

Even the Iraqi leadership may have thought it was farther along then it actually was.

jaysit

Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:44 pm

"Jay you work for the CIA now? Wow, maybe we should go easy on you..?"

No, but its clear that you never could. Maybe you should read the newspapers, or listen to the news. Sorry, but the chatter on Fox News and Aliens visiting Michael Jackson doesnt cut it.

yyz717

Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:20 pm

Clinton has nothing to do with this post.

Oh yes, he does. "The Most Outrageous Lie Yet" title immediately qualifies Clinton as topic-related.

777236ER
Topic Author

Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:03 pm

"The Most Outrageous Lie Yet" title immediately qualifies Clinton as topic-related.

Lying about a blowjob equates to a lie sending a country to war?

Delboy

Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:51 pm

I promise not to come in your mouth.

My tax is in the post.

I'll call you tomorrow.

Of course I love you.

I never look at other women.

You're not fat.

There you are guys, some of the biggest porkies ever told.

777236ER
Topic Author

Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:03 am

.....and none of them resulted in the invasion of a sovereign country.

globalexpress

Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:08 am

Clinton lied, was punished. Nobody died due to what he did.
Bush lied, has not been punished. Thousands have died due to what he did.