Boeing Nut

Rams Lose - Why? Mike Martz Is An Absolute Moron!

Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:40 am

Try to explain this one folks. Almost a minute to go in regulation. Rams are marching down the field. They were on the Panthers 35. He lets the time run down to a couple seconds.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

They could have gotten off two maybe even three plays for the win instead of the tie!!!

I used to defend Martz, but no more. The man is a fucking moron.
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

covert

RE: Rams Lose - Why? Mike Martz Is An Absolute Moron!

Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:58 am

Big thumbs up
none

Usairwys757

Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:22 pm

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

PANTHERS PROVED EVERY CRITIC, AND EVERY RAMS FAN WRONG!!!!!
Inactive.....

Continental

Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:51 pm

Even though I'm an extreme Viking fan, this game was almost deja vu all over again!!! But it wasn't this time. I was rooting for the Panthers the whole time, as I dislike the Rams, and I kinda always liked the Panthers a bit. His running down the clock was a pretty good move, if he got the play off, they'd all be hurrying and nervous, possibly causing a fumble. He figured his kicker would just take em' to overtime, and he was right. He didn't want to jeopardize his chances! Woohoo, Panthers! BTW, that should read 2004, not 2003!!

co

L-188

Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:57 pm

The Seahawks would have won that game.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

yanksn4

Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:31 pm

I bet Micheal Wilbon will be on martz the entire show monday or PTI, anyway glad to see STL lose for I also hate Martz.
2013 Airports: EWR, JFK, LGA, LIS, AGP, DEN, GIG, RGN, BKK, LHR, FRA, LAX, SYD, PER, MEL, MCO, MIA, PEK, IAH

Ryefly

Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:00 am

That was maybe the most amazing games I have ever seen. Living in Charlotte and being a Panther fan, I am surprised I have not had a heart attack over this team yet, and last night's game was no exception.

Go Panthers!!!!

maiznblu_757

Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:21 am

Hey Boeingnut, you are right, it was a bad decision.. Look at the hundreds of good decisions he made. The one that stands out to me is him going with Bulger instead of Warner.

Dash8King

Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:37 am

Bulger is better then Warner. Last year we won 5 games all with Bulger. This year Warner lost the first 2 games we put in Bulger and win 10. Please I would rather a 300 pound fan play QB then Warner or the Kicker for christ sakes.

Tom in NO

Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:11 am

Yep, Martz' decision made no sense to me, either. His team was on the move, and dude has Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce to throw to. He didn't win the Super Bowl in ('99 was it?) by making such bone-headed moves. That move proved he had no confidence in Marc Bulger.

Enjoy the off-season, Goats!..........and you, too Georgia Rosenbloom.....or Frontiere......whatever your last name is this week.

Tom at MSY

PS: didn't Georgia whack her ex, Carroll Rosenbloom? Or did he just walk into the Pacific surf? The LA folks (and those of us who grew up there will understand).
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

redngold

RE: Rams Lose - Why? Mike Martz Is An Absolute Mor

Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:40 am

This was a bad weekend for me in general. Every team I supported lost. ---Oh wait. I forgot, New England won. They were my choice.

[Edited 2004-01-12 02:42:06]
Up, up and away!

us330

Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:27 pm

Tom in NO:
"He didn't win the Super Bowl in ('99 was it?) by making such bone-headed moves"
You're right, he didn't win the Super Bowl. Dick Vermiel did, and then he retired, only to come back a year later to coach the Chiefs. Martz is a product of his players and the St. Louis home field advantage. If he didn't have the speed or the astro turf to play on, Martz wouldn't go .500.

USAFHummer

Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:35 pm

Don't worry Rams fans, my Eagles will put your woes at ease when we thump the Panthers next week  Smile

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

Tom in NO

Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:49 am

Us330: would Martz' have been an assistant on the '99 team? I vaguely recall that the STL folks were a little bent that he got the job. He by and large inherited his current team.

And I agree that the Eagles will put it to the Panthers on Sunday. The Colts/Pats will be a more entertaining game.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

CactusA319

Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:16 am

Martz was the offensive coordinator of the Rams back in '99. He basically created the high-powered offense this team has run the last few years. Great offensive coordinator, not so great head coach.

His decision to go conservative and go for the tie stems from the fact that he had little confidence in Bulger winning the game. Over the regular season the Bulge threw 22 TD's, and 22 INT's, including two picks in this game (a third came in overtime). Martz didn't want to risk the Bulge screwing up the game by forcing a pass into the end zone and getting picked off again so he played it safe. I'm thinking if you don't have faith in your quarterback coming through in the clutch, its time to find a new one.