AlitaliaORD
Topic Author

The Amazing Race

Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:20 pm

Will this show ever be on again?
Joy To The World, All The Boys and Girls, Joy to the Fishes in the Deep Blue Sea, Joy to You and Me

beefer

RE: The Amazing Race

Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:55 pm

I would say YES!!!

According to the Rules/Eligibility section of the CBS website, the contestants for The Amazing Race 5 were supposed to have been chosen in December of 2003, with taping beginning in January of 2004. I haven't heard anything further than this and it is always possible that CBS can scrap the show at anytime, even after it has already been taped. I guess I won't be certain until they start advertising it. If they do tape in Jan. of Feb. than my best guess would be that it would broadcast during the spring ratings period at the earliest or maybe during the summer.

I love this show and am always nervous that each series will be the last. Even though it gets decent ratings, it certainly isn't a top ten show and doesn't seem to generate much media interest or water cooler talk like Survivor or some of the other reality shows do.

MAH4546

Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:58 pm

Even though it gets decent ratings, it certainly isn't a top ten show and doesn't seem to generate much media interest or water cooler talk like Survivor or some of the other reality shows do.

It did win an Emmy, however.
a.

ShyFlyer

Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:51 am

I feel CBS deserves part of the blame for the show's ratings. They practically force Survivor down our throats, but when it comes time to promote Amazing Race, it's like "Oh and we have this other show..." ABC seems to have the same attitude towards The Mole too.
I lift things up and put them down.

BOEING747-700

Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:27 am

As far as It goes, its the best one ever!! I love that show, I wish I lived in the USA to be a contestant on it. DAMN

seb146

Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:55 am

They usualy run this show during the summer. This is the only show I schedule my life around. IMO, any show where I am screaming at the TV is a good show. Just wait until May or June to see if CBS puts it on again.

BTW, what ever happened to the NBC show Lost? That looked good but I never heard anything about it after episode 1.

GO CANUCKS!!
Life in the wall is a drag.