JBirdAV8r
Topic Author

Undercooked Chicken At Restaurant

Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:17 am

Hi all,

I ate at a restaurant (not fast food) last night and got a chicken product. I ate about half of it and put the rest in a box.

I got home and put it in the refrigerator overnight. Started eating it today and noticed a "chewy" feeling...looked down and saw that the middle part of the chicken I was eating was pink. Not entirely pink, but the middle portion was noticeably pink. The only thing that could POSSIBLY be was undercooked. Blecch!

Anyway, if this happened to you, what would you do? I just want to try make certain it doesn't happen again. It's terrible to even think about, especially after the Chi-Chi's fiasco (yeah, I know that was a different situation).

This should be interesting.
Thanks!
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

USAFHummer

RE: Undercooked Chicken At Restaurant

Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:26 am

Take it back and show the manager the actual food, and demand a refund or a free meal of equal value at that place...perhaps let the local health inspector know as well...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

LHMark

Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:28 am

I'd give them a call and alert them that their chicken wasn't being properly cooked... if their fryers are on a timer they might want to check it. You'll get farther than with the typical accusatory screaming harried fast-food managers are used to hearing from customers.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

JBirdAV8r
Topic Author

Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:32 am

LHMark,

Good call. I'm not out for blood...just want to make sure it doesn't happen again! I think I'll do that...and I'll keep the "evidence" just in case they ask.
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

aa61hvy

Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:44 am

I always like my chicken medium-rare
Go big or go home

electraBob

Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:42 am

Maybe the restaurant was using one of those Ronco rotisserie machines that you see advertised on TV all of the time -- you know: "just set it and forget it."

Perhaps someone did not set it long enough and still forgot about it.  Smile

Man...the food shown on those commercials sure looks good.
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.....

Filterboy

Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:21 pm

Aa61hvy

I always like my chicken medium-rare

I hope you are joking if not look forward at sometime in your future to Salmonella food poisoning which can kill the very young or elderly

I've had it at the time I was working in the catering industry full time and had to take a month and a half off work.

1 Week on the toilet not pleasant I can assure you. 2 weeks of drugs then you have to give a stool sample. If the stool sample comes back clear you wait another week then give another stool sample if that comes back clear you get to repeat the process one last time and if it comes back clear you get to go back to work.

Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:02 pm

Can't Jcs17 just scrape the sample off his wang after our evening activities?

Signed,
KROC

KROC

Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:19 pm

I think that is quite possibly the worst signed by post ever.

Usairwys757

Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:58 am

Can't Jcs17 just scrape the sample off his wang after our evening activities?

Signed,
KROC

Dude you have got to be kidding me, That is the worst signed by post I have ever seen. Good job KROC, That one needs two pics of Mike Piazza, because startvalve just whiffed BIG time.
Inactive.....

aa61hvy

Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:03 am

F- the whiff.

That is a full blown strike out

Go big or go home

jcs17

Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:12 am

I like my chicken pink--fuck, its only thing pink I've ever had the chance to eat.

Signed,
Startvalve
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!