airlinelover

Secretary Of State Offices.

Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:50 am

Ok. I just got back from my local Secretary Of State office.. I was dreading going, had to get my license plate tabs renewed, and a new drivers license. In every experience I have had with SOS branch offices, I have encountered nothing but the rudest, most inefficient lazy-ass people in the world working there. They go so damn slow, makes an AIRBUS look fast (Sorry, had to  Smile).. They hate it when you stand up, becuase they notice you more and it makes them nervous. They yell for you to sit down, and when you do, they take even longer. They answer questions with "Because." or "I dunno. that's the way it is".

I Dread going to the SOS every year for my plate tabs, but it's unavoidable..

But, today, a refreshing change!! At the brance office near where I live now, they were fast, efficent, and actually ORGANIZED!!! There was PLENTY of room to sit or whatever, and tho office did not seem to have the beaurocratic air that most of them do.. I was pleased, and got in and out within 10 minutes.

What are YOUR local SOS offices / employees like?

For those of you not in the US, 2 questions. 1- where do you go to get your plates and license renewed, and 2- how are those places??

By the way (self-gloss coming up)

Today is my 25th birthday!!!!!

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

bobrayner

RE: Secretary Of State Offices.

Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:10 am

For those of you not in the US, 2 questions. 1- where do you go to get your plates and license renewed, and 2- how are those places??

In some European countries (certainly the small number that I've lived in), vehicle/driver registration &c. is handled by various local government offices... not much different to what you experienced. Local government is inefficient; it's inevitable, and universal.

The UK is better than average - it's all handled by a single national agency. People might enjoy complaining about the DVLA, but they are reliable and fast compared to most other bureaucratic functions.
Cunning linguist