JBirdAV8r
Topic Author

What Would You Do In This Situation?

Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:40 pm

As some of you know, the first pilot killed in Operation Desert Storm, Scott Speicher, has never been found. Evidence shows that his jet survived the initial impact; his uniform has been found in a state which suggested he survived his ejection. Iraqis have been no help. There has been a big call to search for him again in recent years. If he's alive, there's a very real chance we could find him.

There's one problem to this story, though, and it's a big one.

Scott Speicher's widow has re-married.

IF he is found alive and relatively healthy, what in the world do you think would happen? What would YOU do if you were him or his (ex) wife?

On first thought I think I'd come back and really want to kick some tail...
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

ArmitageShanks

RE: What Would You Do In This Situation?

Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:47 pm

Well hello there fellow TRI user.

I don't think you can expect your family/friends to wait around forever for you. They have lives too. Its like in the movie Cast Away. You have to move on at some point and I think it being over 10 years is more than enough.

If I was in that situation I really don't know what I would do. I would probably be happy to be home! If my wife was with someone else, sure I would feel bad, but would I blame her? No.

ben

Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:00 am

Isn't that what happened to Tom Hanks in the movie where he was in the FedEx crash? I forgot the name of it sorry.

She married his work colleague... but he seemed to accept it.

Twistedwhisper

Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:51 am

She married his work colleague No she didn't, she married his or her dentist... The thing is that you never get to know what happens after that, I mean, they seemed to have feeling for each other, he was the love of her life, and she was his...

Imagine that Mr Speicher is indeed alive... That would mean that she has... How do you say... Committed bigamy?

If I had been lost for four years, and then came back and realized that my girlfriend/wife had remarried and had a child that was two or four years, I would go absolutely apshit... I think...
Read between the lines.

IMissPiedmont

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:57 pm

No she has not committed bigamy. After 7 years, a missing person can be legally declared dead. And you would not go apeshit, you'd be happy the woman you love was able to move on and be happy.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

L-188

Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:59 pm

Actually she didn't need to wait that long, because I believe the original claim was he was KIA.

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

jamesag96

Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:16 pm

Additionally...if I remember correctly she married his best friend...

J
Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

DeltaGuy

Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:45 pm

Yep.......Mrs. Speicher married Spike's ol friend...he was a reservist and I believe is a Delta pilot now...

My dad knew Spike, he was in VFA-81 while my dad was in VA-46, (both at Cecil) they were both in the Red Sea during the war.

If I were in the situation....hmmm Cast Away comes to mind lol. I probably wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it, because hell, you've been gone for 12 years! Hard to ask your former wife to up and leave just because you're alive again.

There's a much bigger issue at hand though....is the Captain still alive? I believe so.....and we should have some answers by now! Otherwise, the Iraquis took him out years ago when they knew we were gettin close  Sad

Any other thoughts?

Prayin for Spike,
DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan