sovietjet

Help! Junior Research Paper

Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:57 pm

I need help choosing a topic for my junior research paper. Have any of you done one abck in high school? What were your topics? My topic has to be arguable. Something like "abortion" or "legalizing marijuana" except I cant do those two because my teacher wont let us but he said those are good examples. My paper has to be over 8 pages so the topic has to have alot of info in it. Can anyone help me?

*I'm not gonna do it on Janet Jackson's boob just so you all know*

LHMark

RE: Help! Junior Research Paper

Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:10 am

How about "Changes in Airport Security Since 9/11?"
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:27 am

I think you should do it on Led Zeppelin. [As "Kashmir" plays in the background]

'Speed

[Edited 2004-02-19 16:28:19]

Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:33 am

...Or you could do it on gay marriage. You want eight pages? You could fill eighty pages easily!

[Dang, I long for the days of high school-length papers. I'm currently working on a paper on the FAA's FITS program, and I expect that it will be nearly thirty pages long when I'm done. But then again, all the research has been enlightening. It has changed the way I fly!]

'Speed

N6376M

Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:44 am

why not do something that allows you to bring your personal family background into it. Address the issue, Has the fall of the Soviet Union led to the emergence of greater threats to world security than those that existed during the cold war?

david b.

Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:45 am

Changes in Airport Security Since 9/11?

Not much change here at LGA or JFK for that matter.

Seriously do one on gay marriages or war in Iraq.

[Edited 2004-02-19 17:46:30]
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:01 am

The funny thing about those high school papers. The teachers at my high school always insisted we do note cards, have 5 million entries in our bibliography show an outline and all this other crap on the grounds of we will need all this for college. I have been in college 4 years and have YET to need to outline a paper and cite so many sources. Just shows you College profs are lazy and see no point in wasting the students time.

The airport security might be a bit tricky if you need a lot to cite, many paper based sources will not be in the online directories or microfiche yet which means more work chasing them down. Gay marriage and weed have been getting kicked around for decades so I would go with one of those.