csavel

Tex. Gov. Perry Is Um, You Know.

Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:52 am

Ordinarily, rumors like this would be just rumors, but there seem to be so many floating aroound, that I figured that some A-netters from the Lone Star State could verify whether or not it was true.

For now, although I'd love the feeling of schadenfreude that would envelop me if it were true, I'm gonna assume it is just politics.

Start at Metafilter
http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/31347

Even more juicy is that supposedly his boytoy is the Sec. of State, that is why it smells of smear. That's just too good.
I may be ugly. I may be an American. But don't call me an ugly American.

csavel

RE: Tex. Gov. Perry Is Um, You Know.

Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:57 am

Forgot to add that I wouldn't have even given it a second thought or posted it if it was just the indymedia.austin site that was engaging in it, but D magazine has an article in its site. That appears to be a bit more mainstream, like they'd not just print rumors.

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/archives/003403.html
I may be ugly. I may be an American. But don't call me an ugly American.

blink182

Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:04 am

"Like they'd(D Magazine) not just print rumours"
Hate to burst the bubble, but D Magazine prints more rumors than the rumor mill. I do not take any of that magazine's content seriously.

As to whether I believe Rick Perry is having an affair, the guy is such a worthless sleeze that I believe it. With a man? I highly doubt it. Perry is such a diehard conservative that the rumor of him being with a man can't be true.

That's my 2 cents.

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

DC10GUY

Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:07 am

Let me get this "straight". Is this the Governor that GW Bush appointed when he left ??? And he is GAY ??? WOW I hope this stinks all the way up.... YEEE HAAA ...
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

b757300

Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:25 am

Dc10guy, So nice of you to believe this rumour but vehemently defend Kerry when a rumour about him came out. And no, Bush did not appoint him. He was elected Lt. Governor by the people and replaced Bush when Bush resigned to assume the Presidency. Get your facts straight before going off on a liberal tirade.

As to whether I believe Rick Perry is having an affair, the guy is such a worthless sleeze that I believe it. With a man? I highly doubt it. Perry is such a diehard conservative that the rumor of him being with a man can't be true.

Actually, Perry is not nearly as conservative as you might think. Here in Texas he is considered a moderate. In case you didn't know, perry actually was a Democrat until the early 1990's. An example of a Texas conservative would be Tom Delay.

Now I have no idea if this rumour is true or not just like I said about Kerry's. It has been around a while and not a peep out of any media outlet in Texas, even the very liberal Austin American Statesman. The only place I've seen it is on a couple of Internet political message boards and now here. If it is true, Perry has scuttled his political career, at least as a Republican and Texan. If it isn't, it just goes to show how dirty some people will go in order to try and win elections.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Alpha 1

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:35 pm

I think something more credible would need to be put forth for me to believe such a line of crap, and that's what it seems to be. I find it impossible to believe, and a few rags putting out "rumors" doesn't make something "fact".

KAUSpilot

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:46 pm

It's been going around the airport here in Austin for a while that he's been cheating on his wife. I doubt it was with a man (if it's true at all), although he does pay remarkably good attention to his hair...."Governor Good Hair".

DC10GUY

Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:34 pm

757-300, I'm sorry dude you missed my point. The Governor of Texas is a GAY republican !!! How can that be ??? I think its great. And I wonder how the right wing media is going to cover up and spin this ???

Alpha 1

Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:35 pm

Dc10guy, you're taking as Gospel this story, put out in rumor mills! Most of us need a little more proof someone is something they're accused of then some shit-throwing magazine or publication!

DC10GUY

Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:15 pm

True Alpha1 ....I just really hope this is true thats all ........

Alpha 1

Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:00 pm

Why the hell would you hope it's true? So you can give the guy a hard time. For me, I hope it's not true, and that he's not involved in this kind of scandal. If you hope something bad happens to someone, simply because of his party affiliation, you've got a problem.

jcs17

Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:18 pm

757-300, I'm sorry dude you missed my point. The Governor of Texas is a GAY republican !!! How can that be ??? I think its great. And I wonder how the right wing media is going to cover up and spin this ???

A gay republican!?!! Imagine that, someone who isn't so brainwashed by the "gay rights" movement where they blindly throw their support to the Democrats. This thread is about as dumb as proclaiming that an African-American is a Republican.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

cfalk

Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:34 pm

Dc10guy,

I submit to you for consideration that you are prejudiced, as evidenced by your remarks here.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

DC10GUY

Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:55 pm

Very true my friend. I do not like republicans.

jaysit

Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:53 pm

Perrys fondness for boys is an old story. In any case, who cares?

The guy is an airhead, gay or straight.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

cfalk

Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:07 pm

And by your own admission, for no good reason. Gotcha!!!

In any case, there is not necessarily a contradiction between being Republican and Gay. He can boofoo whoever he wants, as long as he doesn't try to bring all the rest of us into his sex life, by marching or marrying his brother or whatever. Keep it in the closet where it belongs.

Charles

Alpha 1

Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:58 pm

I don't like many Republicans either, Dc10guy, but I don't go about wishing for bad things to happen to them, like you do. You're so blinded by your hatred of them that they're all just one big, "there-all-the-same" blob, and not individuals. I think this would be sad if this were true, not something to gloat about, because it affect real human beings.

And you want people to take you seriously?

MD-90

Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:16 am

Humph. At least he hasn't done anything really stupid like try to have Texas A&M's band and the teasipper's band perform together at halftime. Texas' football team almost got whupped when some of their members decided to pick a fight with the all-ROTC Aggie Band. Who had weapons (instruments) and outnumbered the team at least 3 to 1.

Had Governor Ann to thank for that one (of course, this was 93 or 94 or so).

And there are lots of gay conservatives. Nowhere near as many as vote liberal, but there are plenty.

727LOVER

Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:36 am

And there are lots of gay conservatives. Nowhere near as many as vote liberal, but there are plenty.

And I bet they're all wealthy like Concorde Boy! Big grin

Alpha1, while I agree with you about DC10guy's remarks, you don't think that if some Democrat had a sex scandal, the likes of Jcs17, B757-300, L-188, Jeff M would not be LAUGHING THEIR ASSES OFF AND GETTING A BIG KICK OUT OF IT??

Love Trumps Hate

Russophile

Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:17 am

Perry is such a diehard conservative that the rumor of him being with a man can't be true.

Do you mean this in the same vein as J.E.H. being a diehard conservative that the rumours of him trouncing around his office in a pink tutu can't be true?  Big grin

What's funnier than his rumour is watching DC10guy getting a rise out of people.

us330

Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:58 pm

What's interesting about the website, burntorangereport, is that am almost 100% sure that the guy who posted the initial report went to my school in Dallas.

L-188

Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:00 pm

And this effects my life in what way?

Frankly who cares if he is banging Jill or Bill.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

jamesag96

Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:14 pm

I care if he is legally married...shouldn't be doing either outside of his marriage.
J
Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

jhooper

Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:24 pm

Total, pure nonsense.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

Sabena 690

Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:47 pm

@Dc10guy

I do not like republicans.

Whether you like Republicans or not, this may not play any role in how you judge about a stupid rumour.

Believing the most stupid rumours only because they are anti-Republican is pure nonsense.

You are guilty of the same mistake some die hard republicans make over here...

jcs17

Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:50 am

And I bet they're all wealthy like Concorde Boy!

Actually, gays are much more likely to be wealthy than straight people... I believe I saw a statistic that said that their average annual income was anywhere from $15,000-$20,000 more than heterosexuals...
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

N6376M

Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:55 am

So what's the story? Is he breaking any laws? The Supreme Court recently threw out TX's sodomy laws.

As long as he upholds the laws of his state, who cares?

jaysit

Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:44 am

"He can boofoo whoever he wants, as long as he doesn't try to bring all the rest of us into his sex life, by marching or marrying his brother or whatever. Keep it in the closet where it belongs."

Maybe stupid crap like that is why many people dont like republicans.

Now the next time I see you bore us to tears of your wife, your dick, your blowjobs, your spawn, we'll tell you, your wife and your dick to go back into the closet too. Along with your copies of JUGGS magazine and your Kleenex.

And no thanks. We don't want you in our sex life. Its equality that people are fighting for. Not a perpetual Halloween moment.

cfalk

Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:11 am

Now the next time I see you bore us to tears of your wife, your dick, your blowjobs, your spawn, we'll tell you, your wife and your dick to go back into the closet too.

And when have I done so? When? Jaysit, you really know how to disappoint sometimes.

Charles

jaysit

Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:00 am

Cfalk:

Dude...go back and check your past posts. I was surprised when I read some of your shall-we-say "racier" posts. In any case, I personally have no problems with folks talking about their personal sex lives - gay or straight. We're humans, we talk about sex. I think that there is a time and a place for it, but its fine. And even good sometimes. But your posting on here suggests that there are but two alternatives: leather queens prancing around the streets on floats, or being slammed into the closet. However, 90% of us don't live our lives gyrating in pride rallies or hiding behind a mothballed jacket. Besides those gay pride rallies are more carnivale-esque than a political rally, and far tamer than what goes on at Mardis Gras.

Getting back to Perry, who knows what his sexuality is? However, if he is gay, then he is a tragic figure who not only betrays himself, but also his wife and children, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of gay Texans who he dismisses just to cozy up with the States more conservative constituents. There are lots of gay conservatives who may have different views than their liberal counterparts on an array of issues - even on gay issues. In today's political climate, they are free to come out and air their opinions. And many have. But hiding behind a wife, a big hairdo, and the hypocrisy of publicly supporting a very conservative social agenda while doing the backflip with some guy in private is hardly a praise-worthy alternative.

N6376M

Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:20 am

"90% of us don't live our lives gyrating in pride rallies or hiding behind a mothballed jacket."

Jay, do you play for the other team? [Not that there's anything wrong with that.] I just never knew.

[Edited 2004-02-23 19:31:10]

cfalk

Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:41 am

Jaysit,

Specifically, when have I ever posted any details about my sex life? I have mentioned my wife and kids in the past, but only within the context of that thread's subject and never just to show off or provoke, unless you can show me otherwise.

Charles

Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:05 am

It's ok to say it... We know he is a Republican. Some of us even welcome him for being one of this stomped upon minority.