Horus
Topic Author

Holidaying In The Red Sea (Egypt)

Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:33 am

Who has been to the Red Sea resorts of Sharm El Sheikh, Hurghada or Marsa Alam in Egypt. How did you find it?
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

TS-IOR

RE: Holidaying In The Red Sea (Egypt)

Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:14 am

I've never been there,but i would recommend these destinations.The Egyptian Red Sea resorts are "IN" for vacationers,especially those who enjoy water activities and diving particularly.The best season is October-May i think,and i just want to precise that the fact that Flash Airlines has crashed near SHS is not an excuse,or a pretext,for tourists,especially the French ones to quit this region.

Enjoy Egypt,but don't forget Tunisia on your way back !!!  Smile  Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Laugh out loud

TS-IOR

Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:30 am

Aaah HORUS,sorry,i forgot to welcome you on A.net...

I think you are the first Egyptian user...waaw...what a pride ?

Jarek

Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:49 am

Hi,

I spent two weeks in Egypt last year. One week in Sharm El Sheikh. Very nice experience. Beautifully beaches and sea. I also spent two days in Hurghada. In my mind Sharm El Sheikh is much nicer place.

But the best to do in Egypt is the Nile cruise. Very, very good experience. I recommend it to everybody.

Regards
JArek

MEA310

Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:11 pm

I can speak on behalf of my sister, she spent a week in Sharm & enjoyed it.It is mainly for beach & water activities freaks..or is there anything else that I've missed?

MEA310
M5 Fastest Sedan On Earth

MYT332

Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:02 pm

I went to Egypt last month and stayed in Sharm El Shiekh. Have to say I really enjoyed the place. Sharm's a nice place to stay and I found the people very welcoming and decent. We flew out 5 days after the Flash incident but it didn't really deter me that much, although when the time came round to board the PAS DHC-7 upto CAI I have to say I was a little bit nervous!

The coral reefs in the region are beautiful, I could dive with the fishes in the Red Sea then look up out of the water to see an IL-86 fly over the beach and then look to the distance to see the Sinai and some awesome mountains. Loved the place and im looking forward to going to Hurghada in Jan 05.

-
Alex

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/39840
plug plug plug plug plug

One Life, Live it.