747400sp
Topic Author

Has Any One Here Seen The Queen Mary 2 In Person

Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:14 am

I would like to know have any body seen the QM2 in person. If you have could you please tell how she look in person. Is she a breath taking ship or just another large ship. When I get a chance, I will go to see her, but until then I would like someone to destribe her because she a dream ship come true for me.

scottysair

RE: Has Any One Here Seen The Queen Mary 2 In Person

Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:17 am

I'm guess that would be very pretty cruise ship with Queens Mary 2. I have got with their pics from my friend at FLL. It is very huge cruise ship for itself.  Smile

Greg

Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:53 am

Yes...about a dozen times while being built, and then early Feb when she was accepted by Cunard.

He is a lot of things, but she is NOT your typical large ship. She is fitted, equipped, and looks every inch the ocean liner she was designed to be.

saintsman

Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:13 pm

I went to see her sail on the official maiden voyage from Southampton. It was supposed to be a misserable day with strong winds and previously in the day they had already turned her around so that she could sail straight out. But in fact the weather was perfect and the water was like a mill pond. The firework display was very impressive and the ship did indeed look big and magnificent.

The only reservation I have about sailing on it is that perhaps there are too many people on board. If I spend a lot of money I want top class service and I don't really want to wait too long for things.

Incidently I understand a lot of the crew are upset and a number of them have already quit. Maybe more than teething troubles?

CHRISBA777ER

Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:51 pm

Gorgeous - just gorgeous. Went to her naming party (work! Big grin ) and thought that she couldnt possibly be as nice as Aurora. She is. More so. Amazing. Nicer than Grand Princess and you really get the feel you are on a ship, a clasic liner, and not like Disney Magic or Rhapsody of the Seas, where you are not aware it is a ship at all, more like a very large resort.

Amazing vessel.

CM
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

Greg

Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:13 pm

Chris, Saint.....I was there as well.
We were guests of Lloyd's Shipping.

Were you onboard the whole time? Or at one of the chalets?

CHRISBA777ER

Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:50 pm

Greg - i was there as i work for Informa Group - we publish Lloyds List - i work the Lloyd's Marine Intelligence Unit here in Oxford.

Wow. Small world huh?

CM
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

Greg

Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:00 am

Our law firm represents Cunard in terms of flagging and registry. Hence, we are tight with Lloyd's and DNV for certification legal matters--mostly paperwork--and some claims (there is no such thing as a small claim on a ship that large)...

I am in London and Singapore monthly for these matters.

Matt D

Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:17 am

Speaking of the Queen, has anyone seen TWFirst lately?

CHRISBA777ER

Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:40 am

Greg - i used to work for Steamship P&I Club before i came here - they handle the P&I for Cunard through Carnival as i recall. Presume then you are MFB's or RB's?

CM

regupilot

Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:49 am

Yes I saw it when i came to SJU. Pretty sad the day was all coudy and kind rainy. Also that they "parked" the ship in the middle of the bay, which didn't gave him the look it needed to have. Anyways,I took lots of pictures of it and If you let me know how to post them here, I will do it, happily.

Regu

mhodgson

Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:55 am

I haven't seen it, though my Dad has seen it in Barbados, and my grandparents got a tour of it the day before it's maiden voayge.

I agree with the comments about the size - I doubt it will be quite as personal, although having been on it's sister the QE2 for a fortnight cruise last summer I can safely say if the service is similar it will be superb!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Greg

Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:33 am

No...large int'l firm in Texas...we do a lot of biz with Fowler.
My group is transportation-shipping mostly..certs, flags, claims. Also get lent out to other divisions for litigation and malpractice...

We do Carnival as well...also NYK...NCL..and represent yards in France, Spain, Italy and Croatia.

Singapore is a regional office for Korean (Hyundai) and Japanese (various heavy industries) yards.

China is our emerging market for shipbuilding.

It is a small world.