futureualpilot

Toured Padre Petco Park Today

Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:03 pm

Today, fans were allowed to walk through the San Diego Padres new stadium, Petco Park, and check out the angles, views and other attractions at the field.

I was fortunate enough to get down there and I have to say, the field is very nice. It has a great baseball feel, and you are much closer to the action that at Qualcomm. Even from the top seats you have a nearly unobstructed view of the whole field. It is relativley easy to navigate, and much smaller that the Q was, with a great view of aircraft on final for 27 at SAN.

The only drawback was there is one scoreboard in Left center which makes it hard to see from a few seats, and there are quite a bit of odd angles that block the fans' view of parts of the field.

Overall, other than acess and parking, and the angles, it isn a very nice stadium, fit for baseball and baseball only. Im glad to have it done and I cant wait for the season to start.
Life is better when you surf.

WellHung

RE: Toured Padre Petco Park Today

Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:24 pm

"Petco Park." Has a great ring to it... jeez  Sad

Mir

Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:27 pm

A baseball field named after a pet store chain....

And the apocalypse draws closer.

Cheers,

Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

HOMER71

Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:10 am

As I posted earlier, let the "nicknames" begin: The Kitty Litter, The Dog House, etc.

Saw the pics/rendering, very nice. Combine that with the SoCal weather - damn near perfect baseball experience.
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

Usairwys757

Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:03 am

Even though this place will get made fun of, I think it looks like a nice place to play baseball. All these newer parks are looking great. And it even looks like the Padres might make some noise in the NL West this year, meanwhile I'll be sitting watching my Braves fall down into mediocrity, right KROC?
Inactive.....

futureualpilot

Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:11 am

Yeah I wish we had a better name too. Oh well.

"Now warming in the dog pound, number 51, Trevor Hoffman"...ah well, nice field anyway.
Life is better when you surf.