BN747
Topic Author

The Shield Last Nite-janet Jackson Take A Back Sea

Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:26 am

Superfly, you shoulda' saw last nite's episode. They should a hooker leaning into a (undercover cop) car with fully butt cheeks....then she lifts the damn thing up! I say S'fly because she was certainly your kinda woman...with extra lumps and curves!  Big grin ..but be warned.....bring a can of 'Skank-Away' it will be needed!

They even showed more later...I'm shocked a basic cable show (this not even HBO folks) can get away with this kinda stuff!

Janet.....you've been trumped!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

EA CO AS

RE: The Shield Last Nite-janet Jackson Take A Back Sea

Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:29 am

I'm shocked a basic cable show (this not even HBO folks) can get away with this kinda stuff!

I think they're able to pull this off because technically it's a pay service, and not a free, easily accessible over-the-public-airwaves one.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Alert3

Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:39 pm

The Shield comes on FX, which is one of our basic cable channels. I think they get away with it because it comes on so late at night (11pm.) They use all kinds of cuss words, see lots of bare asses, violence, etc., etc. It is the best show on TV though... I have the 1st and 2nd seasons on DVD.

prosa

Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:51 pm

Most free cable channels (as opposed to pay channels like HBO or Showtime) are censored, but there are a few exceptions: Independent Film Channel, WorldLink TV, and, surprisingly, Fox Movie Channel.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

An-225

Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:27 pm

Big fucking deal - you saw an ass.

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

prosa

Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:48 pm

Big fucking deal - you saw an ass.

By television standards, it IS a big deal.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

Espion007

Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:12 pm

By television standards, it IS a big deal.

in america...
Snakes on a Plane!

BN747
Topic Author

RE: The Shield Last Nite-janet Jackson Take A Back

Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:22 pm

Alert3..I agree..the show kicks ass..I really like the dirty back-stabbing cops and the crap the do to each other! I swear it's rip right out of the headlines of LA. There was once a undercover cop vs undercover cop shoot-out at AM/PM station (a 7-11 with fuel service for those outta the loop) I eagerly tried to follow the story..but it just dried up and went away. But then again..between LA and NYC and all the cop crap we hear about...I'm certain truth is much stranger than any fiction on The Shield!

But the money train story-line is great! Can't wait to see how that turns out...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson