CHRISBA777ER
Topic Author

Bin Laden - What To Do With Him?

Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:36 pm

Ok so you win a Readers Digest Prize - $100,000 or the final say over what happens to Osama when he gets caught (assuming he's alive).

You take the latter (obviously!)

What do you decide on?

As you may have guessed if you've been in the CA forum this morning - im bored at work and nobody wants to play mind games/take part in my social AvsB experiment, so i figure i'd start a thread that has some topical interest, as opposed to, for example, "Whats the best decks to buy etc"

Any ideas?

CM
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

Andreas

RE: Bin Laden - What To Do With Him?

Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:41 pm

Definitely the money!! OBL will die anyway, if I say so or not...if I don't it's going to be GWB and Ashcroft, so why bother...catch the guy and send over the money!  Big grin
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

Alpha 1

Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:44 pm

I'd tell them to give the money to charity. Then I'd put OBL in a chage, parade him around the country like an animal for a year, then he'd go to trial, be found guilty, and executed for his crimes. Then, his remains would be put in a cement mixer, and he'd be made the cornerstone of the new WTC, with an inscription indicationg "Here lies, in this cornerstone, the man who plotted the destruction of the original WTC. May it stand as reminder to others who may attempt other cirmes what their fate will be if they're caught."

L-188

Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:57 pm

Oh just cuff him, put a big red bow on him, and then leave him in the middle of Times Square.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Twistedwhisper

Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:57 pm

Why not mutilate his sorry corpse and send his arms and legs to the four corners of the world, put his head on the pole of the new WTC... then, you can put the rest of his remains in the cement mixer...

Damn right I'm Norse....

/E
Read between the lines.

L-188

Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:03 pm

I believe the the English allready did that with William Wallace.

All it got them was a Mel Gibson film

QIguy24

Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:07 pm

Now that cement mixer sounds like a really good idea..
That will hopefully show the damn cowards what will happen to scums like them. And Im really sure that will affect the terrorists.

A little of topic:

Does anyone know why every arabic terrorist has a beard?? I have always wondered that..

CHRISBA777ER
Topic Author

Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:38 pm

QIGuy24 - The Beard thing- all devout muslim men are suppsosed to have them - this may have something to do with it...  Big grin

Anyone think that a few years in a really tough state penn wouldnt be pleasant for the guy?

to quote the Parole Officer...

"You are going to have an arsehole like a clown's pocket..."

or Megadeth:

"Boy, your ass betta belong to Jesus....cuz your ass belongs to me MOOOHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

He's not going to like that i suspect.

CM
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

QIguy24

Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:44 pm

CHRISBA777ER

I know some muslim guys and I have seen a lot of muslim men, and many of them don't have a beard. Thats why i wondered  Smile
I thought this was a symbol for something..

CHRISBA777ER
Topic Author

Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:50 pm

I think its a fundamentalist thing - if you are a fundamentalist, or religious mullah/cleric you have to have one. I think so anyway.

Perhaps Arsenal@LHR can help out here?

CM

CHRISBA777ER
Topic Author

Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:55 pm

How about you put him in a very large glass tank in an airport departure lounge - and ask people to throw money (airport security tax) into the tank. Eventually he drowns in capitalist, greedy American money that woulnd thave been there but for his evil actions.

Or you could have a reality TV show following him going house to house in Queens and Compton and Brooklyn and Philly etc explaining and apologising for his actions. Kind of like John Turturro in The Big Lebowski. Big grin

MD11Engineer

Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:57 am

Don´t you need to have some roads built in Alaska or the Arizona desert, somewhere where the climate is harsh, in the middle of nowhere, just with hand tools (sledge hammers, shovels), very limited food (you eat what you get, water soup and a piece of bread once a day), very limited accomodation (wooden barracks, no heating, no aircon) and some bad arse guards... the equivalent of sending them to Sibiria, a regular Gulag style work camp, banished for life. This would have been good for Timothy McVeigh as well.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

cptkrell

Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:33 am

Firstly, you'd never have the option of $100,000. It would be less than half that amount because you'd have to shell out taxes for the politicians to spill and plunder, and the assholes at Reader's Digest would only send you about ten per year. BUT, I guess I'd dispay him in a plexiglass box with only pork rhinds to eat. Of course, this would offend many people here because that would be 'cruel and unusual punishment'. Regards...Jack (P.S. You know, almost a half-billion dollars per year are spent by consumers in the USA on pork rhinds? Maybe we could load up a bunch of C-130s with em to drop over the desert and qwell the fighting for a while).
all best; jack

GC

Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:54 am

I think we should drop him off outside a Fire Station in downtown Manhattan....call the Fire Department out and see how long he remains in one piece........old fashioned justice!

rockyracoon

Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:09 am

Drop him off at ground zero, let him beg for his life as the new yorkers maul his sorry ass to death.

cedarjet

Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:26 am

I'd arrest him and give him a taste of American justice - no, not that kind, I mean innocent til proven guilty. Present the evidence (have any of us seen any?) in a court and let a jury decide. Then a sentence or aquittal.

Don't take this as a defence of the man, I'm pretty sure he was involved, but the real culprits are already dead. If America (and the rest of us) think we're better than him and his followers, I think we should show it.

If you wanted a non-serious answer, er, dunno. Throw him off the top floor of the WTC replacement on ribbon cutting day? Seems oddly symmetrical to me.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

aa61hvy

Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:34 am

Starve him, but give him enough water to survive, then give him a slow tortue, maybe like making a faucet drip on his forehead 1 drop at a time. It will make him insane, and eventually eat through his skin. Then chain heavy(400lbs?) weights to his feet and drop him in the ocean. If he survives all of that, then let him live..
Go big or go home

saintsman

Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:46 am

Back to serious. To be honest, the best thing that could happen is for him to be killed whilst resisting capture. Unlike Saddam (what happened to him?) Bin Laden will be high on the priorities of the fundamentalists. They will obviously try everything to get him free which means more innocent deaths. If he's already dead he would not attract so much terrorist action as they would think of him as a hero and a martyr.

You would also not have to put up with the goodie-goodies who would be clamouring for his human rights etc.

Mind you, I did like the concrete block suggestion Big grin

PPGMD

Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:18 am

If OBL makes it to America, he should receive a fair trail.

*hoping that the troops that find him have itchy trigger fingers*
At worst, you screw up and die.

aviationfreak

Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:53 am

Keep the money.
Make him show how suicide bombers do their trick. (From a distance of course. Big grin )

I love both Airbus and Boeing as much as I love aviation!

777236ER

Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:56 am

I think if he's captured alive (and to be honest, is there much chance of that happening?) then I think a trial on US soil is a MUST. Not because I defend the man, but because it is important that it is seen that legal justice and democratic, free ideas will prevail in the end. A free, fair trial in itself will send a much stronger message not only to the fundamentalists, but the people living in regions dominated by Islamic hardliners than simply killing him.

The US prides itself - especially after September 11th - on being the land of the free, and a land of justice. Let the world see that when bin Laden is captured.
Your bone's got a little machine

Arsenal@LHR

Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:23 am

If he's killed in action trying to dodge coalition troops, then so be it, save the expensive legal bill. If he's not and he's captured, interrogate him, put him on trial and bang him up for good.
About the beard thing, it's become a fashion thing among muslim men to grow long beards, it's not a necessity, i don't have one, i'm clean cut.
In Arsene we trust!!

EA CO AS

Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:45 am

he'd be made the cornerstone of the new WTC, with an inscription indicationg "Here lies, in this cornerstone, the man who plotted the destruction of the original WTC.

Wow - this brings up an interesting conflict - would it dishonor the new WTC to have OBL's remains within it?

Or not?

Personally, here's my plan for the bastard:

After he's captured, we have a nationwide lottery to select ten people to be part of the "Osama Goes To Hell" Firing Squad.

Each ticket is $100.00, with the proceeds going to the families of the 9/11 victims.

Ten random winners would be selected, each of which would be flown to the site of the execution, given one day's worth of rifle training, and they get to fire for any spot on his body that they like.

Odds are at least one of them will do him in, while the others will possibly miss and mutilate him badly.  Big thumbs up

And best of all? The victims of 9/11 get a big boost to their compensation.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

N79969

Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:48 am

Make his execution the halftime show during the next Super Bowl.

Dash8King

Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:56 pm

I would put that guy on an island like Survivor. We wwould get to whatch every night so we get updates. Here is the catch HE GETS NO FOOD, NO FIRE NO NOTHIING. He deserves to go to hell, the sooner the better.

L-188

Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:01 pm

Well, if he gets killed in central Asia, as he has sworn he will, I can only hope that the carcass is hauled back to the states.

I know several taxidermists that could do a wonderful job on his hide.

Would make a great display for the GW presidential library, the Capitol Rotunda, The pentagon or at the eventual 9/11 memorial.

Shoot some of those taxidermists would probably do it for free.

MD11Engineer

Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:49 pm

An execution will just take a few minutes. After trial, what´s so bad about life in a chain gang, Gulag style?

Jan

L-188

Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:04 pm

After trial, what´s so bad about life in a chain gang

Cool Hand Osama?

MD-90

Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:09 pm

He needs to be taken alive. Not necessarily unharmed, but alive. Otherwise you stand the risk of having radical Islamofascists praise him as a martyr.

I like the taxidermist idea Big grin

I also like Alpha 1's proposal, which I believe I've seen before, but I wouldn't put him in the foundation of the new WTC. That just doesn't seem right to me.

My proposal. He does need to get a trial on US soil. But I'm not sure if it should be a civilian, regular trial (before which court? The Supreme Court?) or a military tribunal (um, or trial, I'm not sure of the proper terminology). After all, he did declare war on the US in 1993.

The most important thing to do is to show the radical Muslims that he is captured. It would need to be heavily publicized to ensure that Islamofascists know that we got the bastard. Because they do respect strength.

And for sure, if Pakistan captures him, then we need to heap praise on their nation and its leaders. Ditto if French guerrillas find him. It doesn't necessarily have to be us.

I do like the idea of parading him around the country liked a caged monkey for all the US to see. I imagine that security for that would be difficult to arrange, though.

L-188

Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:14 pm

Well correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he already indicted for the 94 bombing and the africa embassy bombings?

cfalk

Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:21 pm

Phew! 30 replies and not one of us has said anything about "What about OBL's Civil Rights?"

Good for you. Some people deserve a little "extra attention". OBL would not hesitate to kill every one of us if he could, and I don't see what's wrong with a little payback. How about strapping him into an airplane and remote-piloting it into a mountain? Nah... too quick. How about this. a small charge of C-4. Only about a gram. Roll it up into a very thin rod - about the breadth of a toothpick. Then you stick it up his dick, and set it off. Then leave him to bleed to death.

I understand that some French lawyer who has defended Slobidan Molosovic and a few other prize examples of the human race has volunteered to defend Saddam Hussein at his trial. I wonder if even he would stoop to defend Osama? Wouldn't that be a kiss from the Devil - to be named as the court-appointed defence attorney for OBL? Hey Greg, are you around (or any other lawyers)? How would you like the job?

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:27 pm

Our friend Osama should be in a cage, for the public to visit him...
Ad vitam aeternam, and feed him pig meat and wine for beverage.
Served by 1,000 young virgins, as he will have in his future paradise.
Give him a choice... a cage at the San Diego Zoo, or Barnum and Bailey's Circus.
xxx
Happy contrails  Big grin
(s) Skipper

MD11Engineer

Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:32 pm

Life in Fort Leavenworth... I´ve heard they do everything on the double there... a long time in misery for him to think about his life...

Jan

777236ER

Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:19 pm

I understand that some French lawyer who has defended Slobidan Molosovic and a few other prize examples of the human race has volunteered to defend Saddam Hussein at his trial. I wonder if even he would stoop to defend Osama?

That goes a bit far. Everyone is proven innocent until proven guilty - that's one of the cornerstones of (Yyz's beloved) Western society. Lawyers don't nessecarily have to agree or believe someone to defend them. It's the way the system works. Everyone, from the lowly mugger to the mass murderer needs a trial and a defence.

Bear in mind other 'prize examples of the human race' volunteer to defend suspected rapists and paedophilies too.

fspilot747

Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:40 am

Regular max. security prison if he's caught. That's the best way to do it. Not only are things done according to the law, but I have no doubt in my mind his prison mates will eat him alive on the first day. Let him keep the beard, too...for fun.

On a semi-related note: After 9-11, a kid in my high school (I believe he was from Pakistan) related a story to some of us. He was in Chinatown (in LA) and he went to buy some gum from this store. Apparently, the guy wouldn't sell him gum, and said, in a thick asian accent "I know yoo! yooo Osamaaa!" Apparently, this guy was dead serious beacuse he told him to get out of his store. Funny thing is, now that I look back on it, this kid did look a lot like Bin Laden! Only he was 16 at the time.

FSP

[Edited 2004-03-27 17:42:57]

MD-90

Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:27 am

I'm not in favor of torture, personally. An eye for an eye only goes so far. Maybe I'm too forgiving, but I just want to capture him, make sure the Arab world knows that we got him, try him in the US, and kill him.

That goes a bit far. Everyone is proven innocent until proven guilty - that's one of the cornerstones of (Yyz's beloved) Western society.

No, it's a cornerstone of the United States Constitution. And it really does not apply to people who are known to be guilty, such as Saddam and Osama. They both deserve trials, but they are not presumed to be innocent. Give me a break.

TYSGoVols

Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:04 am

Innocent until proven guilty. Is a great thing about this country however, when you run around telling everyone you did it. We have proof that you were involved. We have after teh fact proof that you said you were going to do it before hand. That takes away the innocent until part.

<>< Garen
Rocky Top You'll Always be home sweet home to me, Good ole' Rocky Top WOOOOO

777236ER

Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:09 am

No, it's a cornerstone of the United States Constitution. And it really does not apply to people who are known to be guilty, such as Saddam and Osama. They both deserve trials, but they are not presumed to be innocent. Give me a break.

And of most other Western countries. And he's not "known to be guilty" unless he's tried and found guilty. Such is your legal system.

We have proof that you were involved. We have after teh fact proof that you said you were going to do it before hand. That takes away the innocent until part.

Nope sorry, he's innocent until proven guilty. You can show that proof in a court of law and prove him guilty, which is what you should do, because it sends a much stronger message to the world than 'we have proof he's guilty, but won't try him.'

United_fan

Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:19 am

Let's do what Saddam used to do.....flip a coin . Heads you go head first into the wood chipper or tails you go feet first!
Champagne For My Real Friends,and Real Pain For My Sham Friends

ArmitageShanks

Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:49 am

Hang him upside down for the rest of his life. Keep him healthy.

WellHung

Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:09 pm

make him listen to "Bin Laden Weed" on repeat... for the rest of his solitary life.

zak

Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:46 pm

send him to the ICJ would be the logical step.

i do however have to admit, the most interesting one would indeed be some remote island.
there you could drop off, each person independently from each other and without knowing at first that other people are there:

- OBL
- other al quada dudes
- saddam
- the members of saddams dictatorship that were captured
- dubya and his cabinet guys
- aznar
- some random criminals, dahmer and mcveigh would have been premium picks

of course each of those must at first when dropped be dropped alone and without knowledge of anyone else, and also butt nacked.

then turn it all into a huge reality soap and watch 2bil ppl watch. it would be interesting who would meet whom and who would try to pull through together etc.
10=2

DeltaRules

Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:17 pm

Agreeing with TYS, I really don't think we even need to try OBL....if we get him, he needs to die. He's admitted that he's done it...even though it's a great thing, for this case, f*ck "innocent until proven guilty". If you mastermind an operation to kill around 3,000 innocent people (which could have been thousands more...25,000 people worked in one of them if I remember right) in one day, is a trial really necessary?

To answer Chris' original question...

Idea #1:
Step 1- Catch OBL.
Step 2- Bring him to NYC & to the WTC site.
Step 3- Invite members of the families of the 3,000 that died at no charge. (and anybody who wants to shell out $50-$100 for a crack.)
Step 4- Strap him to a wall or tie him hanging (alive) from a crane.
Step 5- Make him a human pinata.

DeltaRules
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

tbar220

Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:04 pm

I say capture him alive if possible, then take him somewhere and put him on trial in a US court or World Court for crimes against humanity or war crimes. But its important that he's an enemy to the world, and everybody should get a piece of him rightfully. Do the same that they did to the Nazis at the Nuremberg trials. And if he's guilty, a hanging would do him well. I would never justify it, but in his case I'll make an exception to a rope around his neck.
NO URLS in signature

PilotHighFlyer

Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:16 pm

String him up at the WTC site and allow people for 100 bucks a turn throw darts at him. Give him enough medical treatment, food and water to keep him alive.

~Robert

fspilot747

Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:26 pm

Or you could just make him a lifetime observer at the DMV. That's torture in itself.

Shackle him to a plastic chair there. What fun.

[Edited 2004-03-28 09:26:43]