737doctor
Topic Author

What's Going On In Your Life Right Now?

Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:04 am

Hey all,

I know that I don't post much in Non-av anymore, but I'm bored and thought that I'd start a topic in which people could talk about the things they are dealing with right now. It can be good things or bad. Maybe you are facing a crisis, maybe you are excited about something upcoming.

Me? Well my 15-year old son came to live with me after four years with his mother in Austin, because his grades were bad and they weren't getting along. He is now passing all of his classes, so that's a good thing.

But my 11-year old daughter is still living in Austin and I have been having trouble when it comes to visitation. I plan on flying her up on the weekends, but it seems that "something always comes up". And to top it off, I found out that my ex-wife's father showed up on their doorstep unannounced and is living there now. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing if he didn't have a felony warrant for his arrest in Florida (battery, aggravated assault and cocaine possession).

I called the local law enforcement to have him removed, but Florida won't extradite him. I called the fugitive hotline in Florida to ask why and they haven't got back with me. I suppose I could try to take legal action through the family courts, but my attorney doesn't think there is much there to go on. Besides I know how prevalent the gender bias is in the family court system especially here in Texas; I've already lived through it once and I'm not keen on the idea of spending thousands of dollars and rolling the dice again. Besides the last time through the courts, my attorney proved that my exwife used illegal drugs, attempted suicide twice and that she lied under oath about numerous things including her mental health...and she still got custody of the kids.

Other than that BS, I need to fertilize my lawn, fix my sprinkler system, and finish restoring the patio deck on my house.

And I can't wait for next weekend because I am going to the NASCAR races here at Texas Motor Speedway. Please keep your redneck jokes to yourself, I just like machinery and things that go fast.

OK, I have bored everyone long enough. Who would like to go next?
Patrick Bateman is my hero.

Greg

RE: What's Going On In Your Life Right Now?

Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:13 am

Anyone who NOW does not believe my other post about the non-av forum becoming a rant ground for the most pathetic and devastating stories?

Just remember...I told you so (or simply read above).

vaporlock

Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:21 am

737doctor, sounds like you've got your plate full! Good Luck!

Me, I'm working hard and love my job. I'm currently in Chicago doing some work for the company. Great city.....I love it here and have many long time fiends.  Big thumbs up

Tomorrow, my friend is flying from Oshawa, ON in his Beach A36 Bonanza to pick me up in Chicago and then we are flying to Washington so he can do some business. They he'll drop me off in Chicago and head home. I'm really looking forward to it....... amazing plane! I've flown with a number of times but this is a first from Chicago to Washington.

I'm planning on moving in the Spring........I'm looking for a good investor so I can reinvest some $$ into some "GOOD" stocks... and keep making money.

Overall, I can't wait till Spring/Summer........ and I'm very Happy!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Phyllis  Big grin

737doctor
Topic Author

Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:41 am

So...are you saying that I'm pathetic or that my story is devastating?

JAL777

Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:44 am

I'm a 22 year old college student who has no idea what he wants to do with his life.  Sad

CPH-R

Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:55 am

Not much - working and trying to figure out if I should go to University this summer or wait another year. Though I might go with the former, since I feel that I'm getting out of the loop.

I hope I'll get into public administration, social studies or history (whole different ballpark - but I've got a thing for the late 19th & early 20th century).

Greg

Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:18 am

Neither! It's a combination.
 Smile
It's all light hearted..so don't get upset. It's just the non-av forum has become a Dear Abby/Queen For A Day storyboard...

737doctor
Topic Author

Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:27 am

It's just that the non-av forum has become a Dear Abby/Queen For A DAY storyboard...

So what? Since when are you the arbiter of what can and cannot be discussed here? Why shouldn't I rant? It's not like the cops or the legal system will help me. Besides, getting it all out on an internet forum is a more socially acceptable method of expressing frustration than beating the sh*t out of a smart-assed attorney.

[Edited 2004-03-27 03:29:08]

Greg

Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:34 am

No, no, no...go beat the wife or something (not the attorney)...it's a very Texas thing to do. I've had to ward off defending those guys!  Smile
But yes, we truly care about your life. We do.

Examine it some more and report back to us in nauseating minutia, OK?

Have a good evening.

You in Houston too? I'll buy ya a beer.

737doctor
Topic Author

Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:55 am

It's cool, I'm not going to beat anyone. I might kick the cat when I get home though. Big grin
It's just frustrating; you try to be a good father, earn a decent living, pay your taxes. All I want is for the system to work for me one time, you know? I'm reading a book about fathers' rights and it makes my head swim with all the custody horror stories and miscarriages of justice contained within (my own personal experiences not withstanding).

Thanks for the offer, but I live in the DFW area. Though I think I will help myself to a beer after quitting time tonight...

AMERICAN757

Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:59 am

I am 15 and going with my family to ORLANDO tomorrow morning  Sad

VectorVictor

Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:00 pm

I'm in Houston. I'll take a beer...Gingerman?  Smile

Maybe we can get the Artsyman, Homer 71 there as well.

EA CO AS

Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:25 pm

Greg, I know family law isn't your specialty, but can you think of anything that might help 737doctor out in this case?

I feel for you on this, I really do. My girlfriend lives with me, and I'm in constant fear that her problematic extended family members (who have no jobs, drugr problems, etc) might show up one day looking for a new life with us.  Nuts

I've been there already, to a point - my alcoholic uncle showed up at my parents' door in a drunken stupor 10 years ago (back when I lived there), and I knew he'd be with us forever.

My mom - his sister - was quite the enabler, and my father, with the patience of a saint, put up with it even though we all mumbled he'd be living on our couch until the day he died.

Which is exactly what happened.

But at least I wasn't an impressionable young pre-teen who had to be around him, unlike the undesirable situation your ex's father has created.

Ask your attorney to give it a go - maybe drafting a demand letter to your ex, asking your former father-in-law to live elsewhere or face a custody dispute.

Good luck, friend.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

concord977

Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:27 pm

Here is an edited update on things going on with me . . .

I am in month #13 of a career search. I have the resources to take more time - which I'm going to do in order to be CERTAIN about the next job I take. I work in a specialized field and there aren't many openings. Crossing over into new industries has been difficult too. I would love to get into an aviation/airline/airport job, but there are so many experience people out there that they don't need to consider a person from a different background.

This month is dental-health month for my three Italian Greyhounds. Each go through a week of preparation, then a day of sedation, etc. Believe it or not, one of my 3 IG's had braces a few years ago. Yes, there are dog orthodontists.

Cherry Blossom festival starts tomorrow in DC, and the 5 cherry trees in my yard are just starting to bloom. This is the time of year when we have friends visit from all over the U.S.

Yesterday, a person "bumped" my car while pulling out of an adjacent parking space. They managed to do $2,300 damage. I am hoping for a complete re-spray approval from the insurance company.

If this has proven to be boring or pathetic to anyone, I trust you will deal with that appropriately.

Beer, anyone?

No info

mirrodie

Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:36 pm

-Getting married in a little over a month and dealing with those stressors.

-starting to negotiate buying into a practice.

-looking for a house on Long Island.

-going through tests to diagnose my current health issues.

And having a Taratini right now, which as a triple layered martini coutesy of a certain Anetter's recipe  Smile

But hey, I am also working out, now taking dance lessons as well and having a good time. Life is short.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:44 pm

i am 19 started university in september. It has not lived up to the expectations, really miss my ex-girlfriend who i left to come here, ive got this damn java program to write in a week, i've given up cannabis and cigarettes for 3 months now.
My current projects include, cross-country running, learning the piano, playing my guitar, the study of the male multiple orgasm.
I am going to mainland europe in the summer with a friend, hoping to get lost in some remote place. i am taking the car and will be gone for 6 - 8 weeks. i will have a tent but may sleep in the car some nights. i am really looking foward to this, should hopefully visit south france italy the alps and possibly spain. i have £500 on food and petrol to spend so it will be economy eating all the way. but no problem, cheap booze in europe.

rjpieces

Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:09 pm

I'm 17 and very happy at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. Starting to get upset that I will be graduating soon.

I find out about college acceptances within the next week and I am quite nervous too. I'm heading to Florida for spring break in two weeks, so I will either be celebrating down there or getting away from New York, depending on the college decisions!  Smile

Good luck to everyone above who is going through a rough time.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

futterman

Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:22 pm

Hey, Rjpieces: Where in the city do you live? I'm a Sophomore at Forest Hills High School in Queens...got three friends currently in the same grade at Stuyvesant.

As for me, I've been 16 for almost a month already (March 3 birthday), and on the lookout for a job. Currently recovering--both academically and physically--from a two week absence from school due to a case of Walking Pneumonia. Still got the cough thing going on, and still have a long road ahead of me...or so I hear.

Picked up the report card the other day, and average went down a bit--85. Not complaining, though, considering that's still damn well. And, I DID miss two weeks. Parent teacher conferences came back great, so life is good.

For some reason, though, I feel like I'm missing something. Hate that feeling. A little homework to make up this weekend, and unfortunately no spotting or DSLR is in the forseeable future.

737doctor: Interesting stuff going on, I must say. Don't hear of a whole state out to arrest a grandpa.  Smile Hope all is well with you in the long run. Get that patio finished...it's spring!
What the FUTT?

PJS800

Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:46 pm

I'm 16 and going to be getting my driver's license next month, so I'm excited about that. Monday I got back from a trip to Washington DC, which was great. If anyone ever gets the chance to go to Presidential Classroom do it, you get to do some cool stuff. Now I'm catching up from all the schoolwork I missed while I was gone. Tomorrow I have to go to work, but Sunday I get to go flying. Can't wait for spring break in two weeks. (Even though I'm doing nothing exciting.) Also I'm starting to think about what I want to do with my life and where I want to go to college, but I have no idea about either.

PJ Smile

LFutia

Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:57 pm

Im 16... currently living somewhere in IL. experiencing computer problems.... thx to my sister. Damn IE6 dont display pics... report card came home and i made red honour roll... 3.5 GPA... Sp.Ed classes... Shut up ok? im slow...

Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?

ArmitageShanks

Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:43 pm

My personal quote about the human is "every person lives their life in quiet desperation." I have no idea where I found it. I believe that is so true. You see Bill in the office or Sally walking down the street and you have no idea what is going on in that persons life.... They could be going to get groceries or to the hospital do identify their murdered child. I think everyone has an amazing story to tell. Just ask someone and trust me, they will. I do it all the time.

Odd, but who cares.

jutes85

Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:28 pm

Interesting stories.

I'm currently awaiting the phone call to go to basic training for the Canadian Military. I'm applying into the regulars as a Avionics Technician, so I hope I can be around the aircraft and airport for the rest of my career. Frustratingly though, I applied in May and I'm still here at home, but no worries, got a job to keep me busy for a while. Damn Canadian recruiting, if I was in the US right now, and applied for the same trade, I'd be on an aircraft carrier somewhere in the Indian Ocean. Oh well, just gotta play the waiting game, have been for about two months now and hope to get into Aprils course. Yawn  Yawn
nothing

ShyFlyer

Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:41 pm

I'm sort of at an interesting place. I absolutely love flying, it is all that I've ever wanted to do. Due to certain anxiety related issues, however, I'm considering giving up even though I'm on the verge of the PPL checkride.
I lift things up and put them down.

Delta767300ER

Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:51 pm

I'm 19 yoa currently working at a city Police Department as a Communications Officer (Dispatcher) that dispatches officers to calls, runs persons,vehicles, arcticles ect thru NCIC/FCIC (Nat'l/Florida Criminal Information Center) answers phones and 911 and a whole bunch of other stuff. I work the graveyard shift from Midnight-8:00 AM. I am also enrolled in the Police academy at SFCC in Avon Park and am going to become a Police Officer.

I am still living at home and sadly I am single  Sad About 5 months ago I got out of the longest relationship of my life which was 2 years.

Ok, I dunno what else to type

I'm out!

-Delta767300ER

AIR757200

Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:58 am

A Dear Abby? I'll give you a Dear Abby.. LOL.
 Big grin

Right now, I'm trying to decide if I should dump this guy that I'm seeing or not. I like him, but things just don't add up- and that's not a good sign- I guess. In either case, I met a very attractive ORD based UA flight attendant while out clubbing last night.

Outside the love life: Refer to the occupation thread on my job status- I have a year left (part-time student) for my management degree. Also, been working on a house my family purchased in Milford, MI- very large home and we are over budget- probably going to put at least $50,000-$60,000 in renovations instead of the planned $30,000 (at least it's not coming out of my pocket!).

That's about all I'll get into.

MerC

Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:35 am

I'm 18 and live in Gothenburg, Sweden. Studying technique on upper secondary school, last term. Right now I am writing my special project, which is equivalent to 100h/100p. So it is a pretty big project! I am writing about GOT operations.  Smile

Other than that.. my best friend since 15 years back died about a month ago, and a couple of weeks after my grandma died too.  Sad
So I am having a rough time right now, but I try to focus on school anyway since this is my last term. Also trying to get over a girl that broke up with me in December..

Had a party here in my house last night, me and my friends had a great time and I got pretty drunk. Big grin

Rgds
It's Scandinavian

AC320

Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:57 am

Working hard to finish my second year of university on a high note after a disasterous first year. New major, new courses, and hopefully back on track. Decided to try medicine at first so picked up a major in microbiology got as far as organic chemistry and essentially hit a brick wall there. Tried my best but just couldn't grasp the material, sunk into a deep depression and ended up failing 2 courses because I was two depressed to carry on. Now in an English major and earning A's and B's again (with the odd C or two).

Been examining the option of law school, if I'll have the GPA to do it after university, probably will take a few practice LSAT's to see if I can get a decent score, would be nice incentive to continue on this track. The big choice would be to pursue a law career back home in Canada or remain in the States.

Searching for a new apartment next year with my roommate, this one sucks. The only problem is he wants a dog and I'm not a very big fan of them. Frankly I have a phobia about most dogs. Considering he likes dobermans and pitbulls, I might have to live on my own next year which sucks.

Usual lady problems. There's someone I like very much at the moment and the chemistry between us is quite good. But there's certain issues preventing things from moving forward. I hope it gets resolved in the near-time, she's very a very special person and it could be a very good relationship.

Other than that, Spanish exam on monday, mod application for here still pending, played console games last night till 2am followed by a round of drinks and a live band.

Life is somewhat good (again)

fuddle duddle

panam330

Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:59 am

I'm 16, waiting until July so I can get my damn driver's license. Gotta wait until 16 1/2 to get it here (damn New York's law system).
Stuck between a rock and a hard place, when it comes to relationships. Got a guy that likes me that I really don't like back, and one that likes me that I want. And then there's another who I like, that doesn't know I'm quite the homosexual (lol). But, alot of people think he's gay, too, which is good I guess.
Apart from all that BS, I went out partying last night (Friday!) and had a great time. School work has pretty much kept me occupied, even on the weekends  Sad, so it was nice to get out of the house and not care about what's going on otherwise.
Just the average (somewhat) life of a teenager.

SWA TPA

Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:26 am

- Trying to figure out my own health problems.

- Dealing with bouts of manic depression. Thank goodness for medicine  Big grin

- Trying to loose weight (see pics in the post your pic thread) but the depression thing makes it hard. It's an endless cycle. You get really upset that your overweight and become despondent and even more lethargic and sink even deeper into the depression. Naturally when I am like that, I want to eat. Round and round she goes!!

- Constantly wishing my husband was home more. He is a sales manager at a Nissan dealership and works from early morning usually coming home around 10 at night, 6 days a week. I am not exaggerating here. My 4 year old is constantly saying how much he misses his daddy.

- Spring break at work. SUCKS!!!!!!! As a ticket agent for WN in TPA we have been slammed! Huge lines everywhere. Pax missing flights in the morning due to the long security lines. I got my butt chewed out so many times yesterday morning due to pax running up to the gate just as the plane was pushing back. One guy actually threw his shoe across the gate area in a fit of rage narrowly missing a seated ladies head! Mid April this crap should slow down.

-Mirrodie glad your enjoying the Taratini (cuuute  Smile ).
Sounds like a good idea my friend!

SWA TPA
I believe I can fly.....

concord977

Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:05 am

OK, it's official.

I am changing my username to "INVISIBLE".
No info

737doctor
Topic Author

Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:51 pm

Well, there is definitely some interesting stories in this thread. You see Greg? I could have just bemoaned my current situation (and I did rant a little bit) and garnered some sympathy and that would have been the end of it. But instead, I asked others to share their stories and it made for a good thread. At least I think so.

Phyllis, thanks for the email. You sound like a really cool person. Thanks again for your support and concern.

JAL777, don't worry about what you want to do. Sometimes it takes a while before you figure it out. I bet it will come to you in time.

EA CO AS, I think that sending a letter to my ex is the way to go for now. Thanks for sharing your story and for offering up suggestions on how to deal with my problem.

Concord977, 13 months? Wow that's almost as long as it takes to learn if your application for A.net moderator has been accepted. And I didn't know that there is such a thing as a dog orthodontist.

Mirrodie, Good luck with your health issues.

Robert A (I'm guessing that's what you meant), A trip across Europe would be awesome. I've always wanted to do something like that.

Rjpieces, I hope you get into the school you want. Good luck to you.

Futterman, Sorry to hear about the pneumonia. I wish you a speedy recovery. And I'd finish that deck too, if it would quit raining!

Jutes, I do mainly avionics work for Southwest. I wish you well. It is a very interesting field of work

ShyFlyer, I hope your beat your anxiety. I think that it would be awful to let your fear keep you away from what you love the most.

Delta, you are still young. I'll be 35 this year and I didn't meet the love of my life until I was almost 32.

MerC, sorry to hear about your friend and your grandma. I lost my father when I was 17 and it was tough for me. My prayers go out to you.

AC320, glad to hear that things are picking up for you.

SWA TPA, I'm sorry to hear about the depression, hang in there. I've never had to deal with anything like that, so I can only imagine. BTW, my current wife and I were married on Clearwater Beach. That is such a beautiful place; you are so lucky to live there.

To those I didn't respond to directly, I hope that everything goes well for you and thanks for your kind words.

737doc

Mir

Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:07 pm

Also a senior at Stuyvesant, along with RJPieces. I did find out where I'm going to college already, the University of North Dakota, where I'll hopefully get going on the path the becoming a corporate pilot. Not too thrilled with the prospects of graduating and leaving everyone else behind though, but I guess it's one of those things one has to deal with. Wow, it's going to suck for the first few days though.

I am currently sick with a nasty sore throat (internet forums are great, since it hurts to talk). I am about to go off to Germany for a few days, and ironically, the last time I felt like this was when I was in Germany last summer. No singing this time, though. Or at least it's not on the agenda, and I'd be shocked if it happened.

That's about it. Senioritis has the chance to kill me (that or my math teacher when he finds out I'm going to have to miss a test this Thursday), so I'm trying to fight it, but it ain't easy. Just a few more months to go....

And if I could ever get the weather to cooperate, I could get back on track for getting my pilots license, but so far it appears I am the nemesis of the rain god.  Pissed  Pissed

Cheers,

Mir

[Edited 2004-03-29 08:24:21]
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Delta767300ER

737 Doctor

Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:10 pm

Hey man, Ya I'm pretty young. I've been wanting to do this for a long time so I hope that it works out!

I think this was a great idea to post this thread and I hope it continues!

-Delta767300ER

rockyracoon

Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:20 pm

Lying there and staring at the ceiling, waiting for that sleepy feeling

fritzi

Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:09 pm

-Going out 3 times a week

-Getting ready to move to Sweden at the end of June.

-Women

-Trying to keep my hopes up that a friend that has been missing in Stockholm since Feb. 15th is still alive.

-Working

USAFHummer

Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:00 pm

Ive lost my dorm keys and the only reason Im here in my dorm now after spring break is my roomie agreed to leave the room door unlocked in a last minute move by me once I realized this...however I did have to spend 15 minutes in the cold night before someone came along who could let me into the main building...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

zak

Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:04 pm

preparing for the summer climbing season with loads of cardio units in the gym and mountainbikling
10=2

aerorobnz

Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:33 pm

preparing to move to another country to live, so that naturally has a lot of aspects that I could go into.... In fact that pretty much takes up my life right now.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

nwa man

Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:59 pm

Ah hell, why not.

-Trying to figure out where I'm going to work this summer. I've applied for a few internships (shot down from Southwest's marketing department, where I really wanted to work), but haven't heard back from most of the others... a few corporate ones in Atlanta and Orange County, and one with an insurance firm in home sweet home, Minneapolis.

-Posting here instead of studying for the three exams that I have this week. I work much better under pressure than when I've got a huge amount of lead time. Good thing I've got an exam in eight hours and I still haven't gotten to bed.

-Playing a lot of poker. I've won three or four small online tournaments this past week, turning the $3 I made from a free tourney into $40 in a matter of days. Yeah, I'm proud of myself... still daydreaming about making it to the final table at the World Series of Poker or the World Poker Tour, when I can only occasionally beat the kids I play with in my dorm. I guess that just means I have to practice more  Smile/happy/getting dizzy.

-Patting myself on the back for picking Georgia Tech, UConn, and Oklahoma State to the Final Four. As long as UConn stays true to form, I'm up $150, maybe a little more. I think y'all realize who I'll be cheering for next Saturday (and hopefully Monday).

Greg, I'd ask who pissed in your Fruit Loops this morning, but since you're really always like this, I'll pass. Best wishes to everyone who's going through tough times. It really puts my "problems" in perspective.

As a special aside, good luck to Rjpieces and anyone else hoping for fat letters from Ivy-caliber schools in the next few weeks. I've been there (more so on the thin side than the thick side), but give it a few more months, and looking forward to going to college will replace the disappointment of not getting into XYZ University. Of course, since you go to Stuyvesant, there's probably not going to be too many thin letters, but you get the idea.

Regards,

N-Dub
Create your own luck.

737doctor
Topic Author

Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:30 pm

Yeah Delta, this is a pretty cool post. It's neat to look into other people's worlds for a little bit.

An update on me: I hurt my back working in the yard today and I'll probably miss work for a little while. I guess I'll just stay off of my feet and hopefully I'll get better soon.

Regards,
737doc

USAFHummer

Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:31 pm

Where ya heading to climb this summer Zak?

Greg

737doctor
Topic Author

Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:37 pm

Another quick note:

Like NWA Man, I also got three out of four right in my NCAA bracket (Duke, UConn and Oklahoma State). Hopefully, I will win the pool at work. I also correctly guessed the top three finishers at Bristol in my NASCAR fantasy racing league.

Later.

Delta767300ER

737Doctor

Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:51 pm

Hey 737Doctor, Who is your favorite Nascar driver?

-Delta767300ER

prosa

Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:52 pm

After three months forced absence (carpal tunnel syndrome, which now feels much better thanks to special wrist braces), I'm getting pretty serious in the gym. I'm currently on the fifth week of a 16-week squat routine, with a target of three reps to full parallel at 315 pounds. So far so good. I've just started a bench press routine as recommended by a champion powerlifter. Unlike the squat routine, this one doesn't have a fixed time period or preset goal, but hopefully I'll be able to do six or eight reps at 225 within a few months. Finally, as for deadlifts, I'm not following a set routine but just try to do a little more each week; I'm now up to three reps at 335, about where I was pre-carpal tunnel.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

737doctor
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:40 am

Delta, I was a Dale Sr. fan. After his death, I stayed true to RCR and chose Harvick as my number one driver. I know some people don't like his cockiness or aggressive style, but I think that he was a perfect fit for the Goodwrench Chevrolet.

My wife is a Mark Martin fan, so I follow him also. And while Harvick is my undisputed number one driver, if he can't win I also pull for the following:

Dale Jr. (although he is becoming the Jordan-era Chicago Bulls of NASCAR, it seems like everyone is a fan of his)
Michael Waltrip (because he is funny as hell)
Dale Jarrett
The Labontes &
Jimmie Johnson

I can't stand:

Tony Stewart
Kurt Busch or
Ryan Newman

Jkw777

Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:48 am

Right now?

- Count down to the LHR Meet on Saturday 3rd April 2004/Sunday 4th 2004!

- Count down to my visit to Los Angeles with Chris Sharps Wednesday 7th April 2004!  Big thumbs up (8 Days)

- Working my ass off to earn as much cash as I can and not get bored at work.

- Wandering what is in store for the summer

- House is being decorated so its all bare  Sad

- Posting on here  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Not a lot really, some of you have lots of things on your plates! Good luck  Smile

Justin  Big thumbs up
jkw6210@btopenworld.com or +447751242989

Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:16 am

Aww heck. I've got a few stories to tell...

-Finally graduating with a BS this semester. I'm 27. Yeah, it took me that long (that's a story by itself!)

-Recently accepted to the masters program of my choice. Still debating on the emphasis, however.

-Interviewing with a small New England college flight program for an instructor position. I think I would prefer this to the grad program. If this works out, I may finish the business degree that I left half-done via independant study, and then may get a masters via a similar method, but not with the same institution that I was accepted for grad school. I want to get a masters degree even though I don't need one to fly jets for a living.

-Was dating a girl pretty seriously, but we broke up around Christmas. It's ok, we weren't a good match. But what bothers me is that she always wants to blame me for everything (it's in her personality), when I think we had equal share in the relationship's demise. Have tried to get to know some other girls, but my romantic life could best be described by the phrase "comedy of errors;" I flirted with an engaged girl. I just noticed that there is a girl I used to date back home living here in Boston, and I didn't recognize her until sunday (good thing I didn't try to introduce myself! I actually did that before. Let's just say it didn't go over well.) I rejected a girl that I totally shouldn't have (because I was dating the stupid "blame" girl), now she is engaged and looking better than ever, and the list goes on. As I remarked to one of my friends, my romantic life is "a damn mess."

-Absolutely love golf, and am excited have weather good enough to be able to play again. I went to the driving range the other day and had my first lashes of the season. Man I love this game! I misplaced my good Cleveland 56 degree SW, so I need to get another one. I only took my 9 iron to the range--I just wanted to get my swing grooved again. I can really hit it high now! However, I tend to hold tension in my wrists, so sometimes the club face doesn't square like it should, and the ball goes off line.

-Have really enjoyed the NASCAR season so far. May try to get tickets to the New England 250 (can't afford Nextel tix). Go #17! (Sorry guys, I also like Tony Stewart)

-Have to finish a big paper by tomorrow night. I should probably be working on it instead of typing this. Only five pages to go, but I'm rapidly running out of ideas. I just want it to be over. I know I'm going to have to write papers in grad school, but the MS is worth the pain.

-Have a non-flying, part-time job that I find dull and uninteresting. But it pays the bills. If I decide to go to grad school, I'll be there until august. If the flight instructor thing works out, I'll be there until May.

-Have been going to the gym lately and doing cardio and wieghts. I feel really good after I have gone. Working out is a lot of fun.

So, things are going pretty well. I am really hoping that certain things work out. I am a fairly religious person and so I have been praying for help with things in my life. I have recieved that help.

'Speed

N766UA

Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:35 am

What have I got going on? I'm trying to fly at least once a week to build hours, I'm trying to catch up in school after my lazy ass put me in a rut, and I gotta go to court next week for a speeding ticket. What fun!
This Website Censors Me

USAFHummer

Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:22 am

Well in good news I found my keys this morning so I dont have to pay the $65 fee for a mandatory lock change...

Greg

737doctor
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:03 pm

Well I'm back again. High on painkillers for my back and watching the Mavs vs. LeBron & Co.

PROSA, good luck on your recovery/training. My injury will probably set me back a bit in the gym.

Normal, your love life sounds like Frasier Crane's...

USAF, you root for quite an eclectic group of sports teams. Good news about the keys though.