Dash8King
Topic Author

Any OCC Fans Here?

Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:15 am

Anyone else love Orange County Choppers? I can't get enough of American Chopper, it's one of my favourite shows right now. My favourite bike is the Black Widow and the 9/11 tribute bike.

Check out some of these bikes .

CactusA319

RE: Any OCC Fans Here?

Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:48 am

I watch it pretty much every week. Infinitely more interesting than that other show on A & E on Monday nights...what's it called....oh yeah, Airline. Also the bikes on the show aren't the only thing that's hot. Has anyone seen Paulie's girlfriend? She is smokin'!

Goose

Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:51 am

Yeah, I usually catch American Chopper - American Hot Rod is pretty good, too. Both are pretty good, especially if you've ever worked in a car shop.....
"Talk to me, Goose..."

desertjets

Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:18 am

I used to watch it more often. But frankly the antics between Paul Jr and Sr get pretty tiresome. Either the editors and producers focus way too much on their dysfunctional relationship, or the Paul's need some serious help.

I am not a huge fan of their bikes either. No matter what they do it all seems the same. Plus I think the show does not show enough of the artistry and craftsmenship that go into the bikes. Perhaps if they did shows with them doing customer bikes that might be better.

American Hot Rod is ok. I watched the marathon when they did the junk yard dog and I was pretty impressed. But again, too much emphasis on the "drama" in the garage and not enough on the design and craftsmanship. That and I do not particularly like Boyd Coddington.

A&E and Discovery have also done some other shows of this type that I think are much better in my opinion. There is one with Jason Priestly hosting that features a different shop each week. One week it was Steven Millen and his guys dropping a V8 into a Lexus IS300, another was a custom shop that took a 55 or 56 (cannot remember) Chevy Truck and turned it into a sick looking roadster.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

Goose

Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:24 am

There is one with Jason Priestly hosting that features a different shop each week.

Ah, that's Rides. Yeah, it's pretty good - I saw one a while ago with a shop building a '32 roadster for the Edelbrock family - it was awesome, and concerned more with the build than the interaction between the guys building it.

Then again, most of the guys building that roadster on Rides were older and knew what they were doing - they have some real clowns working in Boyd's shop on American Hot Rod.
"Talk to me, Goose..."