trijetfan1

Phil Mickilson Wins First Major!

Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:03 pm

Lefty just won the Masters, any thoughts anyone?
Earned PPL June 26, 2007

jcs17

RE: Phil Mickilson Wins First Major!

Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:11 pm

I was really happy to see him finally win one. Although it would've been funny to see him choke another one away. I actually tuned in to the final round today, and usually I refuse to watch golf, but this was actually intriguing.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Usairwys757

Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:22 pm

Yeah, what a great site to see. Was great to see him FINALLY win a major tournament. Now he can focus on winning the other majors, now that the monkey is off of his back.
Inactive.....

EMBQA

Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:57 pm

Dude.....I was speechless and had a tear in my eye. I am so happy for Phil and his family. I've been a fan of his for several years and have waited for this day for several years. But, have you noticed as many of the TV analysts have...? He actually is out there with a smile on his face and having a great time. I think his mind is clear and now that all the health issues with his wife and son are behind him, he's gonna tear up the course. Can we say British Open Champion....?? and US Open Champion..?? I think so.

I think Phil said it best during his press conference on Saturday when asked about how it felt to have Tiger Woods far behind him......."Well, it doesn't suck....!!"
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

Confuscius

Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:20 pm

Now he can focus on winning the other majors, now that the monkey is off of his back.

...or he could pull a David Duval after winning his first and only major.

Anyway, all the pretenders better take advantage while Tiger is pussy-whipped, err preoccupied with non-golfing matters.  Big grin

Then again, Tiger better give Butch Harmon a call.
Ain't I a stinker?

jutes85

Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:47 pm

Its finally nice to see Phil win one after 12 long years. Its also nice to see lefties dominate the last two years  Big grin
nothing

rg828

Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:10 pm

Great to see Phil finally win a major, but I also felt bad for Ernie.
Hope he wins a second major, unless he gets stuck like Pavin or Duval.
I dont know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:45 pm

Phil Mickelson is not a "pretender." Hooray for Lefty! And to have the Masters as the first major won must be great.

'Speed

KROC

Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:49 pm

This can only mean one thing. Crapchester will get the next Tour Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

electraBob

Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:12 pm

I did something yesterday that I thought I would never do---I actually had to say "the hell with the Red Wings....the Masters Golf Tournament is more important". I just couldn't flip the channels any more....I had to watch the Masters.

I was so happy to see Mickelson finally win a major....great guy and what a beautiful family he has. When he picked his little daughters up, I had tears in my eyes.

And what about 2 holes-in-one on the 16th within 10 minutes of one another....Padraig Harrington and Kirk Triplett. Didn't Tiger ace the same hole earlier in the week during a practice round??
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.....

EMBQA

RE: Phil Mickelson Wins First Major!

Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:24 am

ElectraBob-

First, on behalf of the Nashville Predators.....Welcome to Our House..!!!  Big grin Yes, I actually did the same thing, the Preds where stomping your Red Wings, so I stayed with The Masters. I've followed Phil for several years and I'm so happy for him....... He's earned it, and for his first Major to be The Masters, in my mind the top of the pyramid..what more could you ask for.

As far as our little match up..... Its gonna be a good one. Detroit is well seasoned, Nashville is young and fast. It will be a good one. Game 4 tomorrow will be the clintcher If the Preds can tie it up, its a whole new series, if the Wings win....Nashville will have a huge hill to climb.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

DeltaMD11

Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:18 am

Kudos to Phil, he played well and had some very very nice shots throughout the week.

Damn am I going to miss Arnie. I was close to shedding a tear on Friday.
Too often we ... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Tom in NO

Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:50 am

The back 9 was the most compelling golf I've seen in quite a while. Ernie and Phil's epic battle, VJ and Langer provided the 'blasts-from-the-past' intrigue, Casey Wittenburg showed us a little of the future, 2 holes-in-one on 16 within 10 minutes (Paddy and Triplett), and Phil's 18-footer on 18 made this the best Sunday since Jack's comeback in '86.

I was up there on Monday for a practice round. http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/537321. Great place!

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

electraBob

Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:23 am

EMBQA -

As far as our little match up..... Its gonna be a good one.

I think it is already a good one....and I will tell you, the Red Wings had better get out of the "cruise control" mode real quick or they will get bit real hard by the Predators. Just remember how tough Nashville played the Wings during the regular season. Go back to game 1 of this series....the Wing's didn't wake up until the third period, and it took an incredible late goal by Robert Lang to put the game away. Game two....Detroit won late in the third period on a fluke goal.

It is great to see the fans in Nashville having a good time.

Tom in NO ---

Thank you for one of the best posts I have ever read on this forum. I would pay just to WALK that beautiful golf course....even if there wasn't a golfer within 10 miles of the place.
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.....

flyingbronco05

Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:43 am

Nashville's goalie is an ass.

He said :
"I have a lot of respect for those guys," Vokoun said. ". . . But they're an arrogant team. There's no question about that. They think they're better than us.

"They always look surprised when they get a penalty. They hold on to the guys just the same way we do. They were saying we're diving and we go down. . . .

"They have players -- especially their European players -- who do the same thing."

He has no right to talk cause 1) The wings are winning and 2) the wings were number 1, preds 8.

Somebody tell him to shut his trap. He's about to lose to a 3rd string goalie.

FB05
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

Confuscius

RE: Phil Mickelson Wins First Major!

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:35 pm

Phil Mickelson is not a "pretender."

I meant to Tiger's throne, granted Tiger is not currently playing up to his standards. The majors won by Els (3), Singh (2), Love III (1), Furyk (1), Weir (1) and Mickelson (1) combined only equals that of Tiger Woods (8).
Ain't I a stinker?