rsmith6621a

Prez Bushes Press Conference

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:00 pm

Well after spending a hour + in front of the tele tonight listening to the Bush press conference all's I can say is......I want my hour back.

This conference was in typical Bush style. Bush used his typical one liners and seemed to repeat the same things over and over again. There just seems to be no exit plan for Iraq. While he was trying to show a compassionate side for the family's who have had there military children die while serving in Iraq he still seemed evasive and slightly arrogant on other issues. Still Bush did not say enough to satisfy me.

I think I would have preferred to have had him explain the state of his set economic polices. I would like to have heard him explain how sending jobs to India is good for America or why most displaced workers are returning to work making much less than they did.

I sure did miss Simon Cowell tonight.
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

Alpha 1

RE: Prez Bushes Press Conference

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:02 pm

I didn't watch it-was held over at work because of the bad weather on the East Coast tonight-but when I saw in a clip he still holds out hope for finding WMD's, I didn't need to hear any more.

He's in denial on this whole war, and it doesn't bode well for this nation.

JeffM

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:04 pm

You mean you wanted him to raise taxes? Wait 4 more years and Lurch will do that for you.

We import more jobs then export, so what is the big deal Randy?

You get your hour back in the fall...we just "sprang ahead on the 4th.."  Big grin

DLKAPA

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:06 pm

"They are still out there, it only takes them 1 time to be right, we have to be right 100% of the time, or they're gonna get us."

-G.Dubya from the conference tonight

Like you said in a previous thread, alpha, Dubya is running a campaign based on fear. He has turned America into a bunch of paranoid pansies, and now many want to re-elect him for it?

I say it's time his shenanigans are shut down.

DLKAPA
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

diamond

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:07 pm

I was embarrassed and disappointed for all of us.

I counted 14 questions that just did not get answered at all.

A typical example:

Question: "Why have you insisted that you and Vice President Cheney will only meet with the 9/11 commission together - instead of separately as they requested of you?"

Answer: "Because I'm looking forward to answering their questions."

The question was repeated with emphasis - and the President sharply repeated the same answer.
Blank.

dragon-wings

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:21 pm

For those who missed the speech you can read it here

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/04/20040413-20.html#
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

L-188

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:25 pm

He did an alright job, not the best, not the worse.

As far as the Cheny question, the way he answered it was no worse then the way that John (I voted for it before I voted against it) Kerry has answered some of the questions he has faced.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

DLKAPA

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:34 pm

As far as the Cheny question, the way he answered it was no worse then the way that John (I voted for it before I voted against it) Kerry has answered some of the questions he has faced.

So typical of you to point the finger at the opposition. In case you haven't noticed, this thread is about Bush, not Kerry.

Why is Pastrami the most sensual of all the salted cured meats?  Confused  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

DLKAPA
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Usairwys757

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:36 pm

I'm starting to like DLKAPA more and more within this thread.  Big grin
Inactive.....

Aloha717200

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:36 pm

(I voted for it before I voted against it)

Yet another example of someone who has bought an out of context quote without attempting to get the whole story.

What Kerry SAID was that he VOTED FOR an amendment to the 87 billion bill. when that amendment was defeated, he then voted against the 87 billion in protest of Bush's handling and execution of the war. Had that amendment passed, he would have voted for it.

The amendment?

bush can fun his war by repealing the tax cuts for the rich. Defeated. And as a result of that defeat, the bill is added to the deficit, which, we have to pay off sometime.

Your man Bush is gonna have to raise taxes on someone, eventually, or we're going to reach a deficit so huge we may default on it. Do you know what happens when a deficit of these proportions id defaulted on? the dollar loses value overnight. I.E. a market crash the likes of which haven't ever been seen. The great depression comes close, defaulting on a 7 trillion deficit would be worse.

So, Kerry voted for an amendment to the bill. when it was defeated, he voted against the bill. Then he made the mistake of saying this:

"So in a sense you could say, I actually voted for the 87 billion, before I voted against it".

He didn't realize that he had given the Bush campaign the golden soundbite they wanted. All they had to do was snip a little here, snip a little there, and bada-bing, you've got a quote that makes him look like a flip flopper. And you know what? It worked, perfectly. A majority of americans think he's a flip-flopper. Goddammit. That was his fault too, he should have thought about how that could be taken out of context. Nevertheless, it just gives me a reason to fight harder to inform people about him.

Problem is, Bushies like yourself that I've spoken to in person won't let me finish a sentence. Kinda goes like this:

them: "You say Kerry 'I voted for it before I voted against it' is not a flip flopper?"

me: that's totally out of context though, if you read the entire---

them: "I heard it! I saw it with my own two eyes!"

me: You saw a clipping of..

them: (interrupting) Whatever, spin it if you want, I SAW it, they can't lie about it, I SAW it!

You see, you won't listen. You're so damn gullible you won't listen when people try and present the full story.

diamond

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:37 pm

Come on, L-188 -

Why do you feel that you have to support this very weak and under-qualified man in order to maintain your conservative views?

Nothing wrong with being on the right.

Nothing wrong with having conservative values whatsoever.

But how bad is it going to have to get before the conservatives admit they have a problem in the White House?

I am ashamed that I voted for him once.
Blank.

dragon-wings

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:43 pm

Even knowing what I know today about the stockpiles of weapons, I still would have called upon the world to deal with Saddam Hussein.

-G.Dubya from the conference tonight

He wanted to start this war no matter what, and that statement proved for me.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Aloha717200

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:45 pm

I have conservative values.  Smile Shocking, huh? Actually I'm a moderate for the most part, but very conservative on a few sensitive issues, like drugs and abstinence education. Very conservative on that. Liberal in other ways.

Diamond, you're not alone in feeling ashamed. I supported this guy last year, supported his war. I truly am embarrassed at my prior support of him. Bush nees to go.

diamond

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:53 pm

For those of you who heard Bush say that " ... if I had known they would use airplanes ... I would've moved heaven and earth to stop it ... ",

Please check this link and read carefully:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0412042phoenix1.html
Blank.

L-188

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:58 pm

Very Good, Dimond.

Now show where that memo crossed GW's desk
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

rockyracoon

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:01 pm

Watch an episode of C-SPAN's "Prime Minsiter's Questions" (House of Commons). That's how it should be done here in the States, I'm jealous. I caught an episode a few weeks ago it was great. Interesting as hell. Bush wouldn't last more than a minute if things were done that way here, could you imagine bush doing q/a's with congress. If you haven't seen it watch it for a few minutes, you'll love it.

You can watch episodes online here: http://www.c-span.org/homepage.asp?Cat=Series&Code=PMQ&ShowVidNum=6&Rot_Cat_CD=PMQ&Rot_HT=&Rot_WD=&ShowVidDays=30&ShowVidDesc=

peace

diamond

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:06 pm

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/Stories/0,1413,101%7E6267%7E2080039,00.html

Earth to White House

The August 6, 2001, memo to President Bush about al-Qaida's determination to launch a terror attack in the United States did not point specifically to a method of attack or a date for one, but the White House's assertion that it had too little information to act upon is revealing of the administration's apathy and bureaucratic malaise. Apparently nothing less than an al-Qaida press release announcing the organization's plan and schedule for September 11 would have roused the White House, and there is nothing to indicate anything has changed 2 1/2 years later.

The memo, strikingly titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in U.S.,"
offered intelligence that al-Qaida was not only plotting an attack but would quite likely hijack airplanes to facilitate it. This was not "historical" information as National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice asserted last week, it was alarming intelligence offered to Mr. Bush 36 days before the September 11 attacks that should have inspired the president to break off his Texas vacation and light a fire under the White House bureaucracy.
Instead, nothing happened, and when the White House finally sprung into action it was to cynically use September 11 as an excuse to settle old scores in Iraq, when it should have employed all of its resources to counter the terrorist threat.

This week, the September 11 Commission will hear from both past and present heads of the FBI and Justice Department, and all parties will have plenty of answer for. It has become clear that both the FBI and CIA had collected considerable information about the comings and goings of al-Qaida operatives in the United States but the two competing bureaucracies did not share that information. Even worse, FBI bureaucrats in Washington paid little heed to warnings coming from their field offices and did not pass down information the field offices could have found useful. Louis Freeh, the sanctimonious FBI director under Bill Clinton who tut-tutted about Monica Lewinsky while terrorists were running around under his nose, should find the questioning particularly uncomfortable this week.

The failures of intelligence agencies aside, however, a president who is quick to spread blame and reluctant to accept responsibility needs to remember where the buck stops>. The Bush White House was asleep before September 11, 2001, and after September 11 it wrapped itself in the flag and headed off in the wrong direction. And it remains off course.
Blank.

Boeing Nut

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:06 pm

Now, I'll be glad to take your questions. I will start with you.

Q Thank you, Mr. President. Mr. President, April is turning into the deadliest month in Iraq since the fall of Baghdad, and some people are comparing Iraq to Vietnam and talking about a quagmire. Polls show that support for your policy is declining and that fewer than half Americans now support it. What does that say to you and how do you answer the Vietnam comparison?

THE PRESIDENT: I think the analogy is false. I also happen to think that analogy sends the wrong message to our troops, and sends the wrong message to the enemy. Look, this is hard work. It's hard to advance freedom in a country that has been strangled by tyranny. And, yet, we must stay the course, because the end result is in our nation's interest.

Yea, reality's a bitch, ain't it?

I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

QIguy24

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:07 pm

Im neutral in this prez election. I don't really care who runs your country.
But I have followed this thing a little bit. And I don't want to be a pain in the ass but L-188 can you prove that the memo wasn't there on Bush' desk if Diamond has to prove it was there?
I don't think anyone besides Bush and the intelligence knows the answer to that one..

[Edited 2004-04-14 07:08:51]

rsmith6621a

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:12 pm

Jeff Miller........Care to comment on this response...

Text from the conference....

>>>

Q Mr. President, why are you and the Vice President insisting on appearing together before the 9/11 Commission? And, Mr. President, who will you be handing the Iraqi government over to on June 30th?

THE PRESIDENT: We will find that out soon. That's what Mr. Brahimi is doing; he's figuring out the nature of the entity we'll be handing sovereignty over. And, secondly, because the 9/11 Commission wants to ask us questions, that's why we're meeting. And I look forward to meeting with them and answering their questions<<<<<<

Ah didnt the reporter ask also about Vice Dick in the question to???????

I believe the point of the question wasnt to talk mostly about Mr Brahimis it was to ask the the PREZ why him and Vice Dick insist on appearing together.......yes George dodged answering another tough question.....I also remember that the 9/11 commision wanted them to appear seperatly.....what do they have to hide??????

[Edited 2004-04-14 07:15:11]

DLKAPA

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:14 pm

I think that right now that this is a good analogy:

George W. Bush is to Richard Nixon as

A) Pastrami is to corn
B) My Hair is to A pair of Binoculars
C) A Computer is to A Bass Guitar
D) Vietnam is to Iraq.

If you guessed D, you are correct.

By the way, Since the war was declared "Over" last may, more people have died than during the actual conflict itself.

DLKAPA

JeffM

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:17 pm

Why are you so wrapped up in having the two appear together? I could care less if they do or don't. Executive privilege...has it's privileges...

I would rather have someone try to nail down Kerry and some of his stories. He seems to about as firm on issues as Jell-O.

diamond

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:17 pm

L-188,

I really don't have to codify the accountability of the FBI to the President. If that memo never crossed his desk, then it is no one's fault but his own for running a sloppy, dysfunctional organization.

And this administration has pushed the "I-never-saw-that" and the "I-don't-recall" strategy about as far as they can.

P.S. It DID cross his desk, because Dr. Rice alluded to it during her own testimony and was confronted about the apparent contradiction.

If you REALLY believe that this man is the one person out of 240 million that most closely represents YOUR views and the views of the rest of us conservatives, then why don't you speak more about his ABILITIES.

Your constant sniping at Kerry is not even the subject at hand. No one even cares about Kerry right now. We care about what is happening in the White House TODAY. Quit trying to deflect attention away from the most incompetent person to ever hold the office.

Deflection is what the White House has become all about. I'm suggesting that you bring a little more real MEAT to this dialogue rather than using smoke and mirrors (Kerry) to change the subject.

All the best from the west,

KG
Blank.

JeffM

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:22 pm

Eric,
You don't know the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground. What gives you the right to compare Viet Nam and anything?

be serious for once.

DLKAPA

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:27 pm

You don't know the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground. What gives you the right to compare Viet Nam and anything?

What gives me the right?

I'm an American Citizen goddamnit, I'll compare all I want.

And when I have to take a crap and I'm out in nature, a hole in the ground works just fine thank you very much  Wow!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

DLKAPA

rsmith6621a

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:28 pm

>>>>Why are you so wrapped up in having the two appear together? I could care less if they do or don't. Executive privilege...has it's privileges...

I would rather have someone try to nail down Kerry and some of his stories. He seems to about as firm on issues as Jell-O.<<<<<

Jeff....

1.....I wasnt asking about Kerry.....was I!!!!!!!!!!! but that is the way the new republican party under Bush does things....blame it on someone else.

2........This is kind of like when you child falls out of the tree and you take them to the hospital.....in Washington state they will pull the parent/adult of the room and ask them for a account and also ask the child for a ccount of what happend. So what is the real reason they insist on being together.....Executive privilege or not if they have nothing to hide they should speak seperatly.......The committee has time for them both.

You really should put down your book of Bushdoms and just answer straight from your heart....

[Edited 2004-04-14 07:34:51]

QIguy24

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:29 pm

Dont mind this post.

F
I
L
L
E
R

[Edited 2004-04-14 07:44:40]

vafi88

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:34 pm

Nam and Raq can't be compared as of yet, as far as we know, the only thing common, is the guerrilla war-fare, and maybe a place where nobody really wants to be in.

The fact that 68 thousand people died in Nam doesn't even compare to the 630 or so that died in Raq.

The fact that bothers me, is that it's still our fallen soldiers, and it doesn't matter the number, it just shouldn't happen.

All this coming from a liberal, mind you.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

artsyman

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:39 pm

but when I saw in a clip he still holds out hope for finding WMD's, I didn't need to hear any more.

Sad thing is, even if they were to legitimately find WMD now, no one would believe that they were not planted, so why bother even looking.

J

DLKAPA

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:41 pm

Not so much who we are fighting, more like how the war is progressing.

Vietnam started in the early 50's with Kennedy sending over "advisors" to help the vietnamese fight their own war. Until LBJ entered office, that's pretty much what happened. When LBJ entered office, he sent more "advisors."

Much more.

Then there was the whole "Gulf of Tonkin" incident that never happened, when it was reported that an american battleship was fired upon in the gulf by vietcong patrol boats. LBJ reportedly orchestrated the whole incident to garner support for full-fledged war. Congress granted him the power to send in as many troops as he wanted for as long as he wanted, thus writing him a "blank check" to use the military how he saw fit.

As the war dragged on, more and more people were dying, nothing was changing back home, and people started wondering why. Eventually there was so little support that Richard Nixon finally ended the conflict in 1973, and Saigon fell shortly thereafter (1975?). In case you were wondering Saigon is now Ho Chi Minh City.

Iraq:

Bush had the advantage of the convenient "blame it on the terrorists" approach. He used this to make America believe that Iraq had WMD's. None were found, and none have been found. He also said that Saddam had ties to Al-Quaeda. So far this hasn't been proven. The war has been going on for some time now, many americans are dying, we at home are seeing no benefit from it.

So to compare:

Both wars started out of lies,
Both wars involved many americans dying (like most wars),
Both wars aren't benefiting the US much at all,
Both wars fewer than 40% of the population supported.

Comparison Complete
DLKAPA

MD11Engineer

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:43 pm

Qlguy,

Not really. There were two wars going on in Vietnam at the same time, a more conventional conflict with tanks and artillery against the North Vietnamese Army along the border between North and South Vietnam and at the same time a guerilla warfare mostly in the rural south by Vietminh (called Vietcong by the Americans) militia and armed civilians. There were also bombs exploded in cities like Saigon,mostly around places US troops used to hang around, esp. during the Tet offensive. Both conflicts were interconnected and there are some theories that the Tet offensive was used by the government in Hanoi to break the guerilla forces in the south, by using them as cannonfodder, which became to strong and influential for the North Vietnamese government.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

DeltaGuy

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:44 pm

Jeff M,

I would rather have someone try to nail down Kerry and some of his stories. He seems to about as firm on issues as Jell-O.

Damn straight.......Kerry COULD NOT do any better in the given situation, in the seat that Mr. Bush is occupying. He was the dem's best choice...an old, washed up politician, shined up to look like new (to look like an American...we know betteR), and set before America as the next best thing. He'll drown in Bush's this November.

QIguy24,
Don't pay any attention to the Vietnam thing...it is a complete bullshit analogy. Basically the idea is that we're keeping our troops in Iraq forever, like how we kept em in Vietnam for no reason forever. Completely unjustified, this war has alot more purpose, direction, and resources than Nam ever did. We have the best military equipment and very competent Generals out there to make this happen...don't listen to the liberals here...

Flamesuit!....DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

diamond

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:48 pm

The similarities between Iraq and Viet Nam are these:

• We entered both wars with questionable support from the American people.
  • We lost significantly more soldiers than we ever thought we would.
  • We underestimated our enemy.
  • People who raised questions about either war are branded as unpatriotic.
  • People whose sons or daughters are fighting in either war felt obligated to "support the cause" publicly - but many of them doubt (privately) why these wars took place.

• Yes, there are many differences - but these similarities do exist.

Blank.

QIguy24

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:48 pm

MD11 and Delta

Thanks for the info. I just removed my post. I did'nt know of those things. Im sorry to have wrote a post about a war that I thought I knew more about than I actually did.

DeltaGuy

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:51 pm

We underestimated our enemy

?? They're still idiots who can't fire a gun.....the guerrilla warfare is taking awhile, with those little cowards planting bombs and raising all sorts of other trouble...but as far as the MAIN war was concerned, it was no problemo compared to Nam...we squashed them like bugs.

There were reasons...not just unfinished business from the Sr. Bush's admin, and I'm sure those will be made known very very soon..i.e. before 4 Nov.

DeltaGuy
    "The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

DeltaGuy

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:52 pm

QIguy24,

No sweat...you live in Denmark, and you don't deal with this stuff like we do over here...no harm in asking a question  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

DeltaGuy

QIguy24

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:57 pm

If the coalition only got rid of the most extremist clerics down in Iraq, Im sure the picture would be different. And we need more arabic countries to stand up for the coalition and have a debate with the iraqi people so they will hear good things about the coalition instead of the coalition telling it self to the iraqi people. They have been brainwashed for so many years now and learned to hate the west and the US because of their leaders and some clerics does. So who do they listen to? Coalition or their own Clerics? Easy! The clerics of course.
    Thats why we need independent arabic countries to help.

QIguy24

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:00 pm

Delta

Thanx  Smile
    But actually we are in the war too and have been in many wars during the last 100 years. We were invaded by the germans during WWII and we are in Iraq together with the US, and we have a government that lies about it as well.  Big grin

DeltaGuy

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:02 pm

Thats why we need independent arabic countries to help.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way  Sad The Saudis are becoming increasingly more worthless to American policy, the Egyptians, Iranians, Omanians, Jordianians, Lybians, etc etc aren't going to help either. Kuwait should be of some help, but I don't see it. Saudi Arabia forgets who's ass we protected in Gulf Wars Episode 1...and the Kuwaitis could be more cooperative. If one stands, then all the rest will look less-than-favorably on them.

I do believe the fact that we help Israel isn't helping our relations with the other Arab nations...but, they'll just have to deal. For the most part, the Iraqi people are embracing the new freedom..but, just like Democrats, there'll always be a few people who beg to differ...all in the same boat  Big grin

DeltaGuy

diamond

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:12 pm

DeltaGuy,

Why are you so paranoid about the Dems?

Just like L-188 you can't defend Bush and talk about his strengths (if there are any). You just keep taking one shot after another at the Dems.

I am not a Democrat - so I'm not taking it personally. I am just amazed that you guys cannot stay on topic. No matter how many times it is pointed out to you, you fall back to your default position.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT KERRY OR ANY OTHER DEMOCRAT in this thread. We want to know what our CURRENT president is going to fix the long list of problems we are facing.

He doesn't have any answers, and neither do you. So just harp away at someone who hasn't even been nominated?
    Blank.

QIguy24

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:15 pm

Delta

I don't mean helping by putting forces into the country. But simply have a dialog with the Iraqi people.
    Im sure the iraqi people would listen to them. And there would be more people thankful for what the coalition did.
    But then again we have all those damn cowards terrorists who are hopeless. I don't think a dialog with them helps. But then the soldiers can deal with them  Big grin

DeltaGuy

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:20 pm

Diamond...I'll agree we need to be back on topic  Smile

So.....to it.

QIguy24, Roger ghostrider, I know whatcha meant.

Going to bed now...too much excitement for one day...

DeltaGuy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

diamond

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:29 pm

I don't like this thread anymore.

This isn't a topic that ever brings people together.

See ya on another topic.
    Blank.

BN747

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:32 pm

Actually DLKAPA, the 1st advisors were sent in by Eisenhower (Nixon actually, since he was realy calling the shots as Ike had fallen ill) in the 50's. Kennedy came in 1961 (after the 1960 election). But great job in summing up what happened in Vietnam. Also.. I think JeffM learned a great deal from you re: 'a hole in ground' too!

There's an eerie trend here...

1) 1st Kennedy killed : We get the Vietnam War...
    2) 2nd Kennedy killed: Vietnam War escalates...***
    3) Sept. 11th : We get Iraq

***Nixon was poised to lose the election again and of all things...to another Kennedy)

War seems to follow every colossal national tragedy. All under false pretenses.

Paul O'Neill and Richard Clarke both adamantly stand by their observations that team Bush wanted Iraq from the very 1st cabinent meeting...is it possible that the Bush crew wanted the disaster 'to occur' to get the key to the Iraq door with no questions asked? Because no one dared to question them at first...

And they've been fighting this commission tooth and nail. Why fight the commission over a subject clearly worth investigating...if you've got nothing to hide?

According to them:
    Bad Intell gave us 9/11
    Bad Intell lead us to War
    How many times can the 'Bad Intell' card be used?

BN747
    "Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

QIguy24

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:35 pm

Diamond

What do you expect when you post a thread about Bush in a forum were mostle everyone is americans??  Big grin

QIguy24

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:36 pm

Diamond

What do you expect when you post a thread about Bush in a forum were mostle everyone is americans??  Big grin
    Havent you read all the other Bush threads in here and se how they turned out?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

diamond

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:42 pm

QIGuy24,

I know what you mean. But the majority of voters actually voted against Bush in 2000. Unfortunately, we don't use a popular vote here.

The nation has been split almost 50/50 for a long time.

The right side tends to be much more aggresive about defending their beliefs openly, while the left tends to make their beliefs more visible only in the voting booth.

I don't mind that the right is more vocal - I just wish they'd be vocal about what is right. At this point it time, they should be just as outraged as any other person.

But, they tend to hate the left side so much that they'll support ANYTHING our current president does because at least he isn't a Democrat. That logic just doesn't hold water with me.

Blank.

QIguy24

Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:48 pm

Diamond,

It's exactly the same thing here in Denmark.
    I find it absolutly amazing why the left and the rights side never can work together peacefully without acting like babies sometimes. They are grown people but acting like babies to much in my opinion. As soon a countries leader makes a mistake he gets slaughtered for that instead of finding a peacful solution where they work together and gets everything ok again.

B2707SST

Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:45 pm

This was not "historical" information as National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice asserted last week, it was alarming intelligence offered to Mr. Bush 36 days before the September 11 attacks

Once again, simply not true, even according to ranking Democrats. Senator Bob Graham (D-Fla.), who was Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee and a former Presidential candidate, admitted as much in a 2002 interview.

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=3558

Sen. Bob Graham (D.-Fla.), chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, told HUMAN EVENTS May 21 that his committee had received all the same terrorism intelligence prior to September 11 as the Bush administration.

"Yes, we had seen all the information," said Graham. "But we didn't see it on a single piece of paper, the way the President did."

Graham added that threats of hijacking in an August 6 memo to President Bush were based on very old intelligence that the committee had seen earlier. "The particular report that was in the President's Daily Briefing that day was about three years old," Graham said. "It was not a contemporary piece of information."

Graham's comments contradicted combative statements made recently by the Democratic congressional leadership, and confirmed White House assertions that the only specific threats of al Qaeda hijackings known to the President before September 11 came from a memo dating back to the Clinton Administration.

Now, if you want to blame the Bush adminstration for not doing enough before 9/11, that's fine, as long as that blame is also extended to the Clinton adminstration in equal proportion. Any consistent person who blames Bush for 9/11 must also blame Clinton for the 1993 WTC attacks, the Khobar towers, the African embassies, the USS Cole, etc. But when people get up on their partisan high horses and rail against one while turning a blind eye to the faults of the other, the intellectual bankruptcy of extremist politics starts to show through.

Did Bush do enough? Absolutely not. Did Clinton do enough? Absolutely not. Is either administration to blame for 9/11. Absolutely not: the blame must lie on those who actually perpetrated the crime.

--B2707SST
    Keynes is dead and we are living in his long run.

QIguy24

Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:51 pm

Did Bush do enough? Absolutely not. Did Clinton do enough? Absolutely not. Is either administration to blame for 9/11. Absolutely not: the blame must lie on those who actually perpetrated the crime.

Standing up giving a big applaud for this comment!
    And I really mean it.. This was one of the best arguments I have heard so far.

But still Clinton adm and Bush Adm should have done their job a little bit better. But lets just hope this will never happen again in the future.