Mr Spaceman
Topic Author

A Dilemma!

Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:23 am

A Dilemma.

Here's a dilemma for you ..... With all your honor and dignity what would you do? This test only has one question, but it's a very important one.

Please don't answer it without giving it some serious thought.

By giving an honest answer you will be able to test where you stand morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation, where you will have to make a decision one way or the other.

Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.
Please scroll down slowly and consider each line - this is important for the test to work accurately.

You're in Florida ....in Miami, to be exact. There is great chaos going on around you, caused by a hurricane and severe floods.
There are huge masses of water all around you.

You are a CNN photographer and you are in the middle of this great disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot very impressive photos.

There are houses and people floating around you, disappearing into the water.
Nature is showing all it's destructive power and is ripping everything away with it.

Suddenly you see a man in the water, he is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken away by the masses of water and mud.

You move closer. Somehow the man looks familiar.

Suddenly you know who it is - it's George W. Bush!
At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him away, forever.

You have two options. You can save him or you can take the best photo of your life.

So you can save the life of George W. Bush, or you can shoot a Pulitzer prize winning photo, a unique photo displaying the death of one of the world's most powerful men.

And here's the question (please give an honest answer).

Would you select color film, or rather go with the simplicity of classic black and white?

Chris  Smile
"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"

IHadAPheo

RE: A Dilemma!

Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:30 am

Sepia would be my choice, but the photo would be of me saving the big guy via the use of the handy dandy self timer  Innocent

[Edited 2004-04-15 02:33:08]
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

ScarletHarlot

Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:35 am

Hee hee Chris, love it!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
But that was when I ruled the world

Klaus

Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:38 am

Is this the third or already the fourth time this exact thing has been presented around here? Just asking...

N766UA

Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:43 am

I'm betting the 4th. The worst part is I was again suckered into reading it. BAH!
This Website Censors Me

zak

Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:44 am

i'd save him.
in the following interviews i would surely get all over the world i would yap my usual anti bush stuff but emphasize that not even someone as evil as him deserves to die, emphasizing that noone on death row in the usa is as bad a villain as gwb imo.
10=2

VonRichtofen

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:05 am

I would save him and reap the monetary reward I would get for doing so, which would probably be a lot more cash then a prize winning photograph would net.

Kris

Mr Spaceman
Topic Author

Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:02 am

Hi guys.

Well, what can I say. I'm sorry this was already posted "4" times before. I spend most of my time in the Tech/Ops forum and checking out all the great photos. Please forgive me. Big grin

Regarding Bush, I'd save him too!

Chris  Smile
"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"

Horus

Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:58 am

mmm... well one thing's for sure. Shares at Fuji and Kodac will go through the roof! Big grin
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

DLKAPA

Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:30 am

I'd save him in good old fashioned self-timed black and white.

Black and white looks more classy, that way I'd have a better chance winning the pulitzer.

And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

DeltaGuy

Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:34 am

You bastard.......the Secret Service should be on you for that little stunt. Plusssss, don't you think people would wonder why you didn't drop that f*ing camera and save him? Me thinks you'd be enjoying the photo rights behind bars for negligent homicide....

I'd save him....it'd be like saving a friend, I wouldn't worry about the reward...just how I'd do for one of my classmates or family. There shouldn't be any doubt.

Nothing personal Spaceman...but I'm glad you can't vote in the upcoming election.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

DLKAPA

Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:38 am

No problem, I'll just vote for him  Big thumbs up
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

IMissPiedmont

Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:34 pm

I'd jump in the water and let him save my sorry butt.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.