iflyatldl

Sandman Longueil(Montreal) WTF?

Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:06 pm

It's time for me to plan my trip arrangements to go to Montreal for my annual family reunion. The Radisson was taken over by Sandman last year and they really jacked up the prices. It was perfect for me, as my family lives in St. Lambert and it made it really convenient to both my family and to go back and forth into Montreal. The only other Radisson is in Laval(the North Island) and not convenient at all. I know of some great hotels in Montreal, but that really sucks and isn't worth the money at the Sandman. Any ideas?  Smile
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

SafeFlyer

RE: Sandman Longueil(Montreal) WTF?

Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:26 am

You could always try the Holiday Inn in Longueuil (1-800 Holiday), although the location is not as good and I can't comment on the hotel, having never stayed there. Downtown Montreal hotels are jacking up their prices too for whatever reasons. If you're really want to get quick on the Rive Sud, you could stay at the Gouverneur Hôtel Place Dupuis? You won't have to go out for the subway and the yellow "Métro" line to Longueuil starts at BERRI-UQAM where the Gouverneur is located. They tend to have good rates too, especially on weekends (with full breakfast buffet for something like 139$-149$CAN for two) and they will always try to sell you their renovated guestrooms on floors 22-27 for an extra 15$ but in my opinion, they're not worth the money as standard rooms have been remodeled in 1998 and are very clean. Be warned though that it's the entrance to the Gay Village (so not for homophobes for sure), but it's a large hotel, they have all types of guests (lots of families, Gouverneur is very well known here in Quebec, corporate travelers, etc.). You can also check their website http://www.gouverneur.com
That's about the only one in downtown Montreal with quick access to Longueuil.

Hope this helps.

iflyatldl

RE: Sandman Longueil(Montreal) WTF?

Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:13 pm

Safeflyer: Thanks for the suggestion! I guess it's a trend in Montreal at this time. It burns me, because the Sandman was originally a Holiday Inn. Great location and free parking.What you quoted pricewise was the same as Sandman. Sigh! I guess I'll have to suck it up. I stayed last year at $94.00 CAD a night.Room for the last two years were on the Executive level with great view of Montreal and the Jaques Cartier bridge. Sweet! Radisson had great perks including free movies(one a night) and free parking. GREAT location too! On the other suggestion you offered, the Village wouldn't be an issue, I've heard of the hotel and I've got a pretty good idea of the location. Thanks again!  Smile
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....