electraBob

Who Would Pay These Prices For An Autograph?

Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:55 am

Here in the Detroit area, there are two large trade centers that have...well, trade shows nearly every weekend. Most weekends, one or two sports figures will make an appearance at these trade shows, and in most cases, will sign autographs......for a price. This weekend, Bobby Hull (hall of fame hockey player and father of current Detroit Red Wing Brett Hull) and Jose Conseco will be appearing in the Detroit suburb of Taylor.

Check out the prices that Bobby Hull is charging.....

***Flat item (up to 11x14) or puck....$25.00

***Multi-signed jersey, multi-signed stick or equipment...$50.00

***Single signed items (jersey, stick, number) and Bobby & Brett Hull items that are already signed by Brett....$65.00

***Oversized flat items/all other items....$40.00

Jose Conseco is charging from $39.00 to $79.00!!

Who would pay these prices for an autograph??? Are these hard-core collectors who pay these prices...do they then re-sell these items for a profit? Do these celebrities donate a good part of this income to charities??? There has got to be a reason that these athletes show up at these shows.....nearly every weekend.
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.....

saintsman

RE: Who Would Pay These Prices For An Autograph?

Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:44 pm

Who in their right mind would pay for an autograph in the first place?

QIguy24

Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:49 pm

I would never pay that money for an autograph. First of all you never know if it's real or a fake. Second of all I probably would throw it away anyway.

KBOS

Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:20 pm

The only autograph I want is Bill Gates, providing he gives it to me on a check with lots of zeroes........
I don't care if the sun don't shine, I do my drinkin in the evening time when I'm in Rhode Island

USAFHummer

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:55 am

Thats a bunch of baloney..well Conseco probably needs the money to pay off his legal fees which are probably in the billions by now...

In the days when I was an autograph seeker, I used to go to celebrity golf tournaments and get them there, no charge at all...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru