EA CO AS
Topic Author

Things You Just Want To Kick Yourself For?

Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:34 am

Anyone ever just barely miss something big, or fumble away an opportunity that you regret or want to kick yourself for?

Mine? In August 2003, I found the perfect house for myself - a 3 bedroom, 2 bath with a 2 car garage. Not huge, only 1700 square feet, but big enough for me to be happy with. It was on the market for $155,000.

I had already been prequalified for my mortgage and called the realtor - only to find it had just been placed under contract.  Sad

I kicked myself a lot for that - but I'm kicking myself even more today, since the same house just came back on the market. The owners (who outbid me back in August) are now listing it for $219,900!  Angry

I could spit nails right now I'm so pissed!!!!
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

futureualpilot

RE: Things You Just Want To Kick Yourself For?

Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:37 am

If I kicked myself for everything Ive not done, I wouldnt be able to sit for a month. Im beginning to just go for more things now....so far so good.
Life is better when you surf.

vafi88

Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:37 am

Yeah, eight grade trip back in the day. We went to Six Flags Elitch Gardens. There's a nice big wave pool, and ALL the hot girls were in there, I'm still kicking myself for not going down there earlier.

Colorado has WAY more hot women than any other state!

You're good on all tastes!
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

Cactus739

Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:49 am

Not sure if this counts...

This weekend I was in the market for a new car. Mine is starting to rattle a bit, and its value is dropping rapidly. Heard a commercial on the radio for a Honda dealer offering $5,000 off new Civics. I love small cars so that would have been perfect.

Radio didn't mention that they had a limited number available. When I got there the last one had already been taken. Had I not stopped for lunch Saturday, I would be having a brand new fully loaded Civic for like $12k... grrr...
You can't fix stupid.... - Ron White

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:44 am

That's definitely "grr-worthy" Cactus.  Sad
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

aloges

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:46 am

I'm in a "I don't want to kick myself for anything" phase right now!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Feels good!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

prosa

Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:00 am

Anyone ever just barely miss something big, or fumble away an opportunity that you regret or want to kick yourself for?
Mine? In August 2003, I found the perfect house for myself - a 3 bedroom, 2 bath with a 2 car garage. Not huge, only 1700 square feet, but big enough for me to be happy with. It was on the market for $155,000.
I had already been prequalified for my mortgage and called the realtor - only to find it had just been placed under contract.
I kicked myself a lot for that - but I'm kicking myself even more today, since the same house just came back on the market. The owners (who outbid me back in August) are now listing it for $219,900!

On the other hand, consider my experience. Back in the summer of 1988, there was a special deal being offered on some newly constructed condominiums. I acted really fast and was able to snag one for several thousand dollars under the normal price. Was I ever pleased with myself!

Less than a year later, the real estate market and the local economy had collapsed, and my condominium was worth less than half of what I had paid for it, not to mention far less than my mortgage balance. Today, almost 15 years later, it's still worth tens of thousands less than the purchase price, and because I have a 30-year mortgage I still owe more than it's worth.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

SSTjumbo

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:39 am

Right now I'm kicking myself for not asking a girl out I wanted to ask out, and there's one class left to do it. Hopefully I'll kick up the nerve to finally do it, but that's the one thing I'm kicking myself all over the place for.
I don't know, so this is my signature.

DLKAPA

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:46 am

I'll Second that  Big thumbs up  Smokin cool

DLKAPA
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

aa61hvy

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:50 am

I'm kicking myself for reading this thread.
Go big or go home

BN747

Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:02 am

Until they get the finances in order to make the move to Calif...make that Southern Calif!

And with that....I regret not coming to SoCal ..10 years earlier!!!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:30 am

I regret not getting off my ass in high school. I regret being so confused about life that it took me three majors and eight years just to get an 4-year degree. I wish I could have been more focused. I had so much potential, but I squandered it.

'Speed

JBLUA320

Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:22 am

Speed,

I feel for you. Im living that same life at this very moment... The worst part about it is that I am fully aware that its happening. As I type this I should be doing a take home test-- I'll kick myself for not doing that later.

Its weird... I keep saying "Ill do it, Ill shape up, Ill make a concious effort" and then I never follow through, justifying it with a "I was able to coast and get As in middle school...it must work at somepoint in high school" or the "Maybe next year"...

Ill kick myself for that, too

JBLU

Delta767300ER

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:46 pm

Not treating my former girlfriend Joyce like I should of  Sad I still miss her!

-Delta767300ER

j_hallgren

Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:10 pm

Back in 1977(?)...not taking Vickie up on her offer to spend weekend at DisneyWorld with likely chances of getting some "fun"...but i didn't want to spend that much money that soon on a girl...DUH!
COBOL - Not a dead language yet!

fritzi

Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:15 pm

I hate myself that I didnt switch to the Sigtuna Boarding School back in 2001! Instead I chose to continue with the American School here in Vienna!  Pissed  Pissed  Pissed  Pissed

Regis

Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:26 pm

Visiting A.net for the first time. Now I am hooked to it and axe social events to post here.

AvianceGirlUK

Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:14 pm

Im kicking myself for telling MYT332 i thought he was cute..
Now i cant get rid of him..

MYT332

Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:42 pm

Im kicking myself for err doing something i dont even know what ive done.  Angry
One Life, Live it.