BN747
Topic Author

Saddam's General's..back At The Helm

Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:12 am

Okay, we've all heard how several of Saddam's Baathist general's are being placed back in-control of the new Iraq security forces. Now, we know Saddam was brutal to his own people..but these guys are the ones who were colonels and majors before they were generals...and that means..these very guys are the ones who pulled the triggers, attached the electrodes, launched scuds, chemical weapons and wreaked havoc on their own people...boy the people oughta be glad to see them back in charge! This is gonna be good!

Someone tell the stupid factory they have far exceeded their wildest dreams...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

b757300

RE: Saddam's General's..back At The Helm

Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:52 am

Oh boy, the hourly anti-Bush, anti-War, pro-terrorist thread.  Yeah sure

You do know that many of the officers that made up the West German military had also been officers during WWII. While the worst offenders either fled the country or were executed/jailed, many renounced the Nazis and joined the West German military. One Luftwaffe pilot would actually become a high ranking general in NATO.

And no, Saddam’s generals are not back in charge. One guy is going to command a small group of men to try and crush the terrorists in Fallujah. If he fails or is a traitor, then he will be crushed. Actually, it works fine for me. Get the morons to fight and kill one another and then we’ll clean up the pieces after most of the scum are dead.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

BN747
Topic Author

RE: Saddam's General's..back At The Helm

Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:18 am

Get the morons to fight and kill one another and then we’ll clean up the pieces after most of the scum are dead.

Wanna bet? That's history lesson learned but lost from Vietnam. First, your analogy with with Germany vs Iraq is way off the mark. There was NO German insurgency--( I like your choice of words 'officers that made up the West German military..instead of 'Nazis that mades etc.. it does soften the blow..does it?).

In Vietnam there was insurgency. There is in Iraq..and your version of 'let the monkeys fight each other....' is exactly the problem, no respect of the those in the occupied land. The same was said about the Vietnamese. The south vietnamese could not see killing their own breathern....communist or not. According to Westmoreland...they 'lacked the will to fight' for democracy or their own country. They couldn't see 'doing the bidding of the US'. That explains why most of the Iraqi police/security force won't do the same. And it's our 'attitude' and approach that will get us the exact same outcome.

And correction...it's not one-guy...the media says 4 (four) ex-Baathist generals are to participate...[that means there maybe as many as 10]. I know it sucks to be informed, but it helps to check out the story before shooting off the mouth 757-300!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson