planespotting

I Just Saw George W Bush At DBQ

Sat May 08, 2004 1:33 am

Well ole Mr President came here to good ole dubuque today. My roommate, his girlfriend and I went out to the airport with my transceiver in hand and heard Air Force one (a 757 today) from 30 miles out all the way into DBQ. The wind was out of 050 so he landed on 36, it would have been awesome if he would have landed on rwy 31 though, as i was right next to it and the 75 would have been a great profile shot. I'll have pics of the visit soon (gotta get to walgreens today). He brought Laura Bush and Dick Cheney with him (along with of course about 100 other folks). I've never seen a president motorcade before..fucking huge. There were about 6 buses, full of people. It was interesting to see all of it. The 757 floated a little bit on landing...hehe.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

rsmith6621a

RE: I Just Saw George W Bush At DBQ

Mon May 10, 2004 4:59 am

Im so sorry you had to see them.......I just hope that your images are awesome and you recieve alot of hits at least that will help you heal.

I wonder how many more visits GWB will make to the good ole midwest.....he's only been to the the great Northwest once as Pres and Washington state has a economic/employement problem that needs his attention.....thats one of the reason he lost my vote this year.....my new slogan is.......If you want my VOTE you have got to earn it on what you have done for my state as well as how much attention you give it......

BTW who is Dick Cheney????? Smile
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

Shamrock1Heavy

Mon May 10, 2004 5:51 am

I feel for you. Maybe in time you will get over this and you can move on.

-D
when in hell, we'll do shots at the bar

planespotting

Mon May 10, 2004 12:44 pm

oh by the way for those who don't know i am a staunch liberal, i hate bush and wish nothing more than for him to not be president anymore, still, it was an interesting time to see a sitting president live.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

Mir

Mon May 10, 2004 1:18 pm

I'm surprised they let you get so close to the airport with him landing, that's a pretty big security risk in my opinion.

Air Force 1 (even the 757 version) is good to see any day, no matter who's on it. Bush, on the other hand...not quite as good.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

broke

Tue May 11, 2004 1:55 am

Be careful, too much of that will cause you to go blind!!  Big grin