The day russia has independent media will be the same day George W Bush gets accepted in MENSA
What's his MENSA membership ID
, because Russia DOES have an independent media -- a flourishing independent media at that. I should know!! How I should know is absolutely none of your business -- but trust me, I know all too well.
Why the hell should Chechnyans be expected to celebrate Russian military victories?! Are you mad?!
Firstly, it wasn't a Russian military victory -- it was a Soviet military victory -- a victory which didn't come cheap. But you are right -- why should the Chechens celebrate the victory over the Nazi's -- they would have preferred being exterminated by the Germans than exiled by the Soviets -- doesn't matter that there were Chechens in the Soviet armed forces though?
Chechnyans kill a collaborator in the brutal occupation of their country, and we're supposed to sympathise with Russia?!
A collaborator? This is what I love about airliners.net -- so many people have an opinion on the subject, but only a very distinct few have any idea of what is happening -- I could probably count on 10 fingers out of 10,000 members who would have any idea.
Kadyrov is anything but a collaborator. He was involved in the peace plans when Yeltsin sent the troops into Chechnya the first time. After he saw firsthand, remember he was a terrorist himself (and a mufti), what Maskhadov and the other extremists had in stall for Chechnya -- kidnappings, murders, bombings, more extreme Islamic law than the Taliban, etc -- he denounced what they were doing -- Kadyrov himself is a MUSLIM -- a Muslim who realises that an extreme Islamic state is not what Chechnya needs. He himself said that it is plainly obvious that left to their own devices, Maskhadov and the band of merry men...err....bandits......were ruining the country.
And by the way, they didn't just kill Kadyrov, but they also killed INNOCENT CIVILIANS. You know Cedarjet, the same INNOCENT CIVILIANS you moan about when Israel takes out leaders of Hamas and the like?!?
When is Russia going to leave Chechnya?
When Chechnya decides to:
* Stop blowing up apartment buildings
* Stop blowing up commuter trains
* Stop taking innocent civilians hostage in movie theatres
* Stop hijacking aircraft and threatening to blow them up
* Stop supporting terrorist acts in Dagestan
* Stop their kidnappings of innocent people in Chechnya
* Stop the torture of innocent hostages in Chechnya (such as chopping off the ears of a young girl and mailing them to her father)
* Stop their murders of innocent people in Chechnya
* Stop trying to force the entire Chechen population to live under extreme Islamic law
* Stop allowing Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups to train in Chechnya
* and generally, when they decide to stop being a republic whose government is run by a group of people I can only describe as being like a "pizda vonyuchaya"
After all, this is what caused the sorry mess in that republic.
Football stadium in Grozny?? Grozny has been reduced to rubble.
Grozhny is being rebuilt. Plus, the reduced to rubble nonsense is an over exaggeration of the western media. Anyway, the Dinamo stadium was there 2 years ago -- you would have known this if you read above
[Edited 2004-05-09 17:55:06]