wardialer

Im Sorry, But Why Do WE Have To Appologize....

Wed May 12, 2004 10:32 am

Why do we have to say sorry to the world when there corrupting out troops over in Iraq.

The American people have a heart.

If they want to treat us the sick way, then lets treat them the same. Why should we appologe? Why? Thats why were losing this war because we are not trained to handle the sick and fanatic people that are there. All we know how to do is leash out bombs and stuff.

Like again, we should not appologize to the world on what we did to those pprisoner detainees because they are treating us the same exact way or even worse.

If nobody here agrees, then consider yourself to ashamed and dont deserve to walk the earth.

vafi88

RE: Im Sorry, But Why Do WE Have To Appologize....

Wed May 12, 2004 10:34 am

Because we're there to show them democracy and how their newly elected leaders and officers will not do what Saddam did to them.

We're better than them morally, well, most of us...
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

N766UA

Wed May 12, 2004 10:36 am

Last I checked we were a civilized nation and didn't treat human beings like that. We're over there to free them from opression and torture, not bring more of it ourselves. Yes they treated our prisoners like crap, but that doesn't mean we should do the same.

Also, we aren't "losing this war" as you put it. I don't know what gave you that idea. I never thought I'd say this to someone like you, but man you're the one that should be ashamed. You actually condone raping children and torturing POWs?
This Website Censors Me

MaverickM11

Wed May 12, 2004 10:42 am

" Why should we appologe?"

Because we are so much better than them. The Muslim/Arab leaders will never even acknowledge any of the horrific things they have done.
E pur si muove -Galileo

wardialer

Wed May 12, 2004 10:54 am

No no no wait a minute.

Yes we are a civilized nation and thats WHY were losing the war because we are not trained to be like them. If they want to play that game then we should play inmorally. Its like standing there letting someone punch you or beat you up without you in self-defense. Im sorry but we should Uncivilize ourselfs (USA) and stop being loyal to them and we should train our troops to handle fanatics. Why is ONLY Iraq the ones that should need help. Look at other countries who have starving children and families out there and we arent doing anything. But that not the point. We should stop having a heart and take care of business.

Oh, and what about those other two burned up bodies who were hanged from the bridge???? OK, explain that to me.

Lets forget the the "Oh Im sorry to the world" and lets do something for crying out loud.

N766UA

Wed May 12, 2004 10:57 am

No, last I checked POWs didn't fight. Your POW is a POW and he's out of action regardless of how he's treated. You don't win a war by smacking around POWs.
This Website Censors Me

doug_or

Wed May 12, 2004 11:03 am

what the hell is this needing to play hardball buisness!?!? the "freeing the Iraqi people" is our last excuse for invading Iraq. If we're going to treat detainees (many of whom were arrested by accident due to misinfomration, bad inteligence, or mistaken identity) like shit, then what the hells the point?

The idea that all Iraqis should be treated like animals because a few Iraqis and a few foerigners decide to continue their terrorist activities is like saying Americans like me should be attcked just beacause our country has few jackoffs such as yourself.
When in doubt, one B pump off

cptkrell

Wed May 12, 2004 11:11 am

"We" should apologize for those misdirected few of "us", even though their actions aren't in perspective with "our" (rightfully/wrongfully conceived) primary or secondary intentions.

Apologies are appropos and have been issued (much unlike many other countries, regimes, dictatorships, etc. would pursue), but at this point these events have, in a somewhat almost predictable way, manifested into a feeding frenzy from all points geo/political with agendas that spread much further than the point(s) of justice.

That's the way it is. Regards...Jack
all best; jack

wardialer

Wed May 12, 2004 11:16 am

They should be treated like animals because these people ARE animals. My reaction to the video is this: Hitler was a kind man compared to these men. Period. Thats my saying reaction to this whole thing.

The leashing of those prisoners were tiotally justified. I dont care or what do people say but those who were charged on that crime or misbehavoir should deserve there freedom. Im sorry. But I wont and will not let this matter go. I cant believe my mind that these people have no clue on that we had one of are troops tortured on video and there disagreeing with me. My god.

This tells me that you people dont have any respect for your own American troops. But fine, if you want to not defend yourself and let our country to be laughed at by saying sorry to the world and in the meantime have one our troops being tortured on video thats kind of odd in its own way.

emiratesa345

Wed May 12, 2004 11:26 am

"If nobody here agrees, then consider yourself to ashamed and dont deserve to walk the earth."

First of all, who in the hell made you the authority on who does and doesn't deserve to walk the earth.

"The Muslim/Arab leaders will never even acknowledge any of the horrific things they have done."

Yes, keep telling yourself that. So you're saying the US has admitted to ALL the scandalous things it has done? Bullshit.

EmiratesA345 Insane
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

MaverickM11

Wed May 12, 2004 11:46 am

"Yes, keep telling yourself that. So you're saying the US has admitted to ALL the scandalous things it has done? Bullshit.
"

If the US admitted to ONE thing, it would be an infinite improvement over all Muslim leaders. And we have admitted to many more than just one thing.
E pur si muove -Galileo

cptkrell

Wed May 12, 2004 11:57 am

Wardialer, you're painting yourself into a bad picture. Your vengeance against an entire peoples fueled by the actions of just a portion of same is little different than the vengeance displayed by only some Iraqis against the U.S.

I disagree with the (excessive) proportionality of media exposure that the mistreatment of some Iraqi prisoners has received, but in a measured context, your total rant only serves to hinder, not help, what goodwill that the U.S. is attempting to achieve in Iraq. Regards...Jack
all best; jack

Arcano

Wed May 12, 2004 12:06 pm

Thats why were losing this war
All we know how to do is leash out bombs and stuff.

After all there is a couple of true senses in this hole self-hypnotic thread about convincing yourselves that you are not what you actually are.

You could start to apologize for starting a war illegally, with no reason, no proofs and that started for you not to realize your authorities were unable to catch the guilty of 9-11

Americans have hearts? yes, I know you do, big ones indeed capable of the USA for Africa and everything, but guess what: we all do! Why do you think the pain of your mourners after the WTC is harder that the pain of the mothers that lost children in Iraq? Do you really think you are better? No, you are not, we are all human. I hope you'll finally understand that before you blow up the whole world.

Saludos,

)(
in order: 721,146,732,763,722,343,733,320,772,319,752,321,88,83,744,332,100,738, 333, 318, 77W, 78, 773, 380, 73G, 788, 789, 346

Alpha 1

Wed May 12, 2004 12:08 pm

If they want to treat us the sick way, then lets treat them the same. Why should we appologe?

Because we're better than they are, Wardialer, unless you think we should be as barbaric as they are. Is that what you want? Are you so shallow and so petty a person, that you cannot see that if you stoop to their level, then WE become like Al Qaeda, or Hamas, or Hezbollah? Do you REALLY want that?

Also, we aren't "losing this war" as you put it. I don't know what gave you that idea.

I don't think we're winning it, either. I was watching ABC News late last week, and an "unnamed" GOP Congressman, said he thought we were on the verge of a strategic catastrophe there. So I certainly don't think we're winning.

They should be treated like animals because these people ARE animals.

And so are you, Wardailer. You're as bad as an "animal" as those scum who murdered Mr. Berg, because you would stoop to the same. But does this mean ALL Arabs and Iraqi's are animals? Do you REALLY believe that.

If you catch these 5 mean, you damn well execute them, but that doesnt' mean you go about wontonly executing someone because they're Iraqi. That's the excuse of a barbarian. And you're acting like one.

vafi88

Wed May 12, 2004 12:19 pm

This tells me that you people dont have any respect for your own American troops. But fine, if you want to not defend yourself and let our country to be laughed at by saying sorry to the world and in the meantime have one our troops being tortured on video thats kind of odd in its own way.

Uhh, yes we do, but we also have respect for human beings and human life. Revenge isn't the answer in this case, we don't want to sink to their level and do the same thing they did, but a few troops did.

2 wrongs don't make a right.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

fspilot747

Wed May 12, 2004 1:20 pm

Wardialer, get off your high horse. Being an American doesn't make you any better as a person than any Iraqi out there. Our President got us into this war, and nasty things happen in war. No one's happy about what happened, but it makes no logical sense to claim all Iraqis animals because of what a select few did. Remember, we're in their country. God knows what the hell you'd do, with your attitude, if the tables were turned. You sound every bit as barbaric as the guys in that video did.

I am just as pissed off as any other American out there about this, but I'm not going to blame my Iraqi friend, or the Persian guy that works at the store next to my house, because I know they're decent people. Screw just hatred, you're oozing with racism, I hope you understand what that means.

"Yes, keep telling yourself that. So you're saying the US has admitted to ALL the scandalous things it has done? Bullshit."

Couldn't agree more.

FSP

wardialer

Wed May 12, 2004 1:34 pm

If we appologize to the world and Iraq regarding the torture of those prisoners then they will think of us as being weak.

fspilot747

Wed May 12, 2004 2:13 pm

"If we appologize to the world and Iraq regarding the torture of those prisoners then they will think of us as being weak. "

Hate to rain on your parade, but Bush already apologized. And it won't make us look weak, it will make us look decent. When we left Vietnam, Nixon wanted Peace with Honor. There's no honor in what we did, and apologizing means we recognized that.

Now stop drinking and come back when you're sober.

FSP

MaverickM11

Wed May 12, 2004 2:22 pm

"God knows what the hell you'd do, with your attitude, if the tables were turned"

You mean if I was living in a pit without any freedoms or human rights and a free, democratic civilization came in to take it over? Yeah that would suck Yeah sure
E pur si muove -Galileo

saintsman

Wed May 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Wardialer does make one valid point. Our troops are not sufficient trained to deal with these people.

They do a lot of things that we can't comprehend and I think we find it difficult to operate over there. Non of us would attach explosives to ourselves and try and kill as many people as you could. The troops are faced with this sort of threat every day. It is no wonder that some of their actions are controversial.

We need to train our troops better, particularly in the difference between the cultures. The sooner the better if we are to put an end to the conflict.

N766UA

Wed May 12, 2004 7:57 pm

I don't think we're winning it, either. I was watching ABC News late last week, and an "unnamed" GOP Congressman, said he thought we were on the verge of a strategic catastrophe there. So I certainly don't think we're winning.

Some congressmans opinion doesn't determine whether we're winning or losing. Traditional means like number killed/wounded, amount of armor destroyed, amount of land captured, etc determines if we're winning the war. Given those factors, yes we're winning it. It's these last few fanatical idiots running around that we have to take care of and just because we're having a heck of a time doing it doesn't mean we're losing a war.
This Website Censors Me

Klaus

Wed May 12, 2004 9:47 pm

When the western allies occupied Germany after WWII, they didn´t build concentration camps to torture and kill germans as they would have had following some of the suggestions in this thread; Instead, they demonstrated how to treat people fairly and decently.

It was one of the main reasons why Germany today is free, democratic and civilized. And the respect and admiration for that generation in those countries (USA, Britain, France, ...) is still alive. Barbarism is not stronger than civilization. It´s just the easier way ... to hell.

scbriml

Thu May 13, 2004 2:58 am

Traditional means like number killed/wounded, amount of armor destroyed, amount of land captured, etc determines if we're winning the war. Given those factors, yes we're winning it.

Do you mean that the count of Iraqi civilians killed far outweighs the US military dead, so you're winning the war?

America and its allies may well have won the war, but they are in grave danger of losing the peace.  Sad
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

seb146

Thu May 13, 2004 3:04 am

My two biggest problems with this Iraq thing are:

1. They are not a 'Western Christian' based society. The people have a different view of how government should be from Germany, the US, or Russia.

2. Yes, what Saddam was doing to his people was horrible and should be punished but I still need evidence his regime was a threat to other nations and therefore the US never should have invaded.

GO CANUCKS!!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

N766UA

Thu May 13, 2004 6:25 am

Do you mean that the count of Iraqi civilians killed far outweighs the US military dead, so you're winning the war?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never once mentioned civilians and you know it. If the only way you can find error is to manufacture it, then keep your mouth shut.
This Website Censors Me

iflyatldl

Thu May 13, 2004 7:23 am

We've got to remember something here, we're dealing with people to whom death means absolutely nothing to them, however humiliation grabs them by the balls. They think it's more honorable to die and go to "Paradise" than to live a life in humiliation.  Insane Hmm... death vs. Embarrassment. I've never known anyone to die of embarrassment, just some who just thought they would.  Big grin
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

lehpron

Thu May 13, 2004 7:13 pm

>> "You mean if I was living in a pit without any freedoms or human rights and a free, democratic civilization came in to take it over? Yeah that would suck " <<

From your point of view, you may claim good intentions, what about their point of view?

Let's say your were 'living in a pit, etc' while this in and of itself is an outside impression. Let's also say you were in that for years or even DECADES. The fact is you are used to it, you have accepted it and it is unlikely you would want to change it. Like everybody says, the MidEast is stuck in the dark ages, also keep in mind that no one back then was ever hopeful about things to come, many were dying and living in fear. Now let's say that another civilization thinks they can treat you better and topples your surroundings to make that point clear. Keep in mind again, you grew up in this shit hole, you know no other way of living. You WILL oppose the visitors becaseu you believe that they will be worse due to living in fear for so long, you would not think for one second that it could be better. Hence you'd fight the newcomers to the end, for your well being, or existence or potentially lost freedoms.  Insane

Next time when you try to put yourselves in someone elses shoes to make a point, imagine living it first. There are a lot of obvious points you missed mainly cuz you have not pulled yourself out of the winner circle yet.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

AvObserver

Fri May 14, 2004 9:07 am

Wardialer, the tone of your comment echoes that of a number of 'fellow' Americans I've spoken with lately and that makes me very sad. The codes of the 1949 Geneva Convention pertaining to POW treatment seem to have been at least partially breeched in these circumstances. I direct you to the following excerpts:

ARTICLE 13
"Prisoners of war must at all times be humanely treated. Any unlawful act or omission by the Detaining Power causing death or seriously endangering the health of a prisoner of war in its custody is prohibited, and will be regarded as a serious breach of the present Convention. In particular, no prisoner of war may be subjected to physical mutilation or to medical or scientific experiments of any kind which are not justified by the medical, dental or hospital treatment of the prisoner concerned and carried out in his interest.

Likewise, prisoners of war must at all times be protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity."

Measures of reprisal against prisoners of war are prohibited."

From ARTICLE 17
"No physical or mental torture, nor any other form of coercion, may be inflicted on prisoners of war to secure from them information of any kind whatever. Prisoners of war who refuse to answer may not be threatened, insulted, or exposed to unpleasant or disadvantageous treatment of any kind. Prisoners of war who, owing to their physical or mental condition, are unable to state their identity, shall be handed over to the medical service."

From reports I've read and pictures I've seen, at least some of these codes have been violated. Are you saying the U.S. shouldn't recognize international law? It makes no difference that many of these prisoners are terrorists and have behaved like animals, the U.S. is obligated to treat them HUMANELY! Remember the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? As others have said, the U.S. should be setting an example for conduct here. Of course, dangerous captives need to be kept in security lockdown but under no circumstances, are they to be ABUSED! The U.S. military apparently forgot about this pivotal, post-WWII document when they set up shop, there. Look up the Geneva Convention in detail, it's very broad and specific about conduct in dealing with war prisoners. Americans are already looking very bad in the eyes of much of the world, we don't need views like YOURS to exacerbate things!  Angry

JetService

Fri May 14, 2004 10:36 am

Wardialer, the tone of your comment echoes that of a number of 'fellow' Americans I've spoken with lately and that makes me very sad.

Geez, I don't know where you're from, but I haven't talked to anyone that thought this was a good thing.
"Shaddap you!"

AvObserver

Fri May 14, 2004 11:03 am

Unfortunately, JetService, a handful of guys I know, one of them a cousin of mine, one a redneck aquaintance and a couple at work are so gung-ho about the military action in Iraq, they think this stuff is okay. I didn't mean to imply that most people I know feel that way, they certainly don't. But it pains me to even hear this from 4 people I know, one of them a relative, yet. Regardless of support or opposition to the war, itself, I'd have hoped at least that everyone supported fair treatment of POWs, even if terrorists. That's the way we'd want the enemy to treat our POW's, best to set a good example, even if there's no guarantee they would. They'd certainly be even less inclined to if we abused theirs, though. Why do some people want to look the other way or even condone such misconduct? It's a real downer to hear them talk, sometimes.  Sad

trijetfan1

Fri May 14, 2004 11:05 am

We are the western world, we are better than the thugs that run iraq
Earned PPL June 26, 2007

L-188

Fri May 14, 2004 12:21 pm

Why the US will lose the war on terror.....

We won't stoop to the level of the terrorists.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Aaron747

Fri May 14, 2004 12:29 pm

We won't stoop to their level because it would accomplish nothing. We're talking about subhuman thought processes that don't value death, family, love, anything of the sort. The only thing that makes them happy is forcing others to adopt their twisted worldview. They cannot be intimidated, they don't fear anything we have. They think they have God's blessing for everything they do - and that's what's scary.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

L-188

Fri May 14, 2004 12:30 pm

Which is why the only choice is to annhilate them.

Aaron747

Fri May 14, 2004 12:32 pm

And how is that done when these fanatics comprise 10% of the world muslim population according to our best estimates?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

L-188

Fri May 14, 2004 12:34 pm

Well, the way I would do it would probably tick off at least 80% of the remainder.

It would be nice if that 90% would be more vocal opponents of that 10%, Kind of like how most christians chatise and dump on televagelists.

Aaron747

Fri May 14, 2004 12:37 pm

It would be nice...but it's not the case. Too many double standards to overcome.

lehpron

Fri May 14, 2004 12:49 pm

>> "They should be treated like animals because these people ARE animals" <<

How do we treat our animals in the zoo anyway? Do we pester them, beat them, tease them? Last I checked, we don't do that, though I think you're living in their world WarDailer.

Congrads dude, you're a terrorist. Put you're hands where I can see them on the double bitch!
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

VC-10

Fri May 14, 2004 2:33 pm

They should be treated like animals because these people ARE animals

That's just the sort of quote Osama want's to hear to increase recruitment

L-188

Fri May 14, 2004 2:47 pm

The problem with appologizing for anything is that the Osama's of the world are going to take it as validation of their stances, and confirmation of our weaknesses.

scbriml

Fri May 14, 2004 3:13 pm

Don't put words in my mouth. I never once mentioned civilians and you know it. If the only way you can find error is to manufacture it, then keep your mouth shut.

Unfortunately in this case, facts are not errors. Thousands of Iraqi civilians have died while the US and its allies are 'winning' this war. Oh, sorry I forgot, Dubya already declared victory, so what exactly is going on now? Tidying up? How many more US deaths are acceptable to you?

And no, I won't shut my mouth  Big grin
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

L-188

Fri May 14, 2004 3:53 pm

Oh, sorry I forgot, Dubya already declared victory, so what exactly is going on now?

round two

AvObserver

Sat May 15, 2004 11:15 am

"Why the US will lose the war on terror.....

We won't stoop to the level of the terrorists."

As I said, L-188, resorting to 'terrorist' tactics against military prisoners is a violation of international law. Are you saying the Geneva Convention and its specific articles fordidding this sort of treatment of POWs is irrelevant? And let's not lump what's going on in Iraq with the pursuit of Usama Bin Laden, they are separate issues, regardless of what the Administration and Fox News may claim. Yes, you can kill an enemy in battle with extreme prejudice but you can't treat them inhumanely when captured.

"Which is why the only choice is to annhilate them."

Yes, on the battlefield but NOT in the jails, unless they break free and threaten the lives of their captors and other prisoners.

"Well, the way I would do it would probably tick off at least 80% of the remainder."

Well then, I guess it's fortunate you're not in charge of the U.S. military.

"The problem with appologizing for anything is that the Osama's of the world are going to take it as validation of their stances, and confirmation of our weaknesses."

If U.S. actions are WRONG in this regard and it certainly appears they ARE, an apology to the captives, their families and respective nations and to the American people and the rest of the world is absolutely DEMANDED! Worrying about what OBL and his ilk think is irrelevant if a tremendous injustice has been done, here. If terrible mistakes have been made, they MUST be admitted to, otherwise the U.S. will never be able to justify its presense to the Iraqi people, who increasingly seem to feel one dictatorial regime has been traded for another, or the world. Where does this cavalier mentality of yours come from, anyway? Some of the people in those jails are bound to be innocent, is it okay with you to torture people who might have done nothing? Sounds to be like you're seriously in need of a transplant of some basic human values. Just for the record, I too, think Al Queda should be destroyed, wherever they are but the U.S. and its allies must NEVER stoop to the level of snubbing world standards of conduct in certain matters, even for such a noble goal as that. Notice, though, I'm separating the Iraq situation from that last sentence because that's another matter, ENTIRELY.

airplay

Sat May 15, 2004 11:19 am

Very disturbing statement. The US invades a sovreign country that posed no threat to them, makes a huge mess of things, and then Americans feel the only way to resolve the mess is to obliterate the inhhabitants.

What country are you guys going to "annhilate" for no good reason next?

RT514

Mon May 17, 2004 10:48 pm

A very disturbing statement indeed! I regret to say that it is a sentiment shared by some here in Canada as well.

Fortunately it is only an empty, misguided, and incredibly senseless statement that is far from representing the majority.