TS-IOR

Clothes Collect For Needy Ones :

Thu May 13, 2004 12:32 am

A Muslim preacher - Amr KHALED - has adopted a ginuine idea of an Egyptian engineer to start collecting more or less used clothes and distributing them to the needy ones all over the world,and this to express solidarity and perform a religious duty too which is spending for the others and for a humane,and tolerated, purpose.

The idea has witnessed an unprecedented success and localities to collect items,select them,and then distributing them spread all over the Arab and Muslim countries and beyond.In Tunisia we have nine (9) addresses,in Egypt 55,in the U.A.E. 7...and there is addresses in the U.S.A.,Canada,the U.K.,Germany,Ukraine,Hong Kong,Switzerland,Denmark,the Netherlands,Austria,Norway,France,and others countries to be added to the list inchAllah.

For the moment,still we are in the collecting stage and distribution is intended to start within the next three weeks.
The idea of helping others is not a new thing indeed,but what is amazing is that this campaign is made at the same time,in a worldwide range,and in a worldwide interest regardless to religion appartenance,color of skin,...

I wanted to ad for this campaign on A.net because i know the diversity of ethnics and nationalities and because many users can easily reach donation centers and participate in a noble action.

You are all invited to open your wardrobe and select those tee-shirts,sweats,jackets...that you do not really need them and give them a "new life",a "new sens",that of charity...

Here are some addresses and phone numbers :

- Toronto,Canada : 250 Brenyon Way Apt410 Toronto-Ontario M1B3G3.

- Waterloo,Canada : 304 Wiltshirepl -Waterloo-Ontario N2T1R4.

- Hong Kong : Tai Po Tsai-Village121,1F-Clearwater bay-Road Kowloon-HKG.

- Odense,Denmark : NGET 1th 5250,Dianav. Odense SV Denmark.

Other addresses could be listed later...and may God bless all his generous creatures...

jcs17

RE: Clothes Collect For Needy Ones :

Thu May 13, 2004 2:56 am

I think this charity is much more worthy of donations:
http://www.pizzaidf.com

Basically, its a website where you can order pizzas that are sent to Israeli troops fighting terrorists in Israel.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Bofredrik

Thu May 13, 2004 3:38 am

I am happy to live in a country where we have very little charity. We pay a lot of taxes but get a lot of service instead. Much better. I have never paid anything to charity and will not start now.

ArmitageShanks

Thu May 13, 2004 4:14 am

Here is my charity for 99% of the needy: http://www.hotjobs.com

TS-IOR

Thu May 13, 2004 9:25 pm

Poor thinking...

You think that the wealth you are living in is yours ? Try to do something with it after death !!!

Your visions of things are so limited...

MerC

Thu May 13, 2004 10:50 pm

Old clothes that I no longer use and are in pretty good shape I give to charity. A few times a year there is a organization that collect clothes from you and then send it to Balkan, I think. You just put a sack outside your house and they pick it up.

That is about the only charity I do. Maybe I would do more if I could.. like a contribution to the Child Cancer fund or something.
It's Scandinavian

TS-IOR

Thu May 13, 2004 10:55 pm

MerC,

I hope you are not an exception.You would do more and any little thing is greately appreciated.

Don't you feel GREAT when you donate ?

Oooh well...it could works for a donation campaign slogan :

DONATE AND FEEL GREAT !!!