rsmith6621a

One More Time..Is This All Bush Has Left?

Mon May 31, 2004 4:22 pm

Yes I know this has been addressed before

Is going negative all Bush/Cheney have left to offer in hopes of winning a second term..........I am beginning to believe the Bush and Cheney are suffering from POLITICAL PENIS Envy since they have yet to offer anything of substance in regards to what they have accomplished here on this soil.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5100453/
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

Sabena 690

RE: One More Time..Is This All Bush Has Left?

Mon May 31, 2004 7:49 pm

Having a Republican heart, I hope that all the possible will be done to vote those 2 idiots (Bush/Cheny) out of office.

Let's hope that Kerry winns, so that the Republican party has 4 years to reorganize, so that they can come up with a President who is worth to represent the Republican values.

L-188

Mon May 31, 2004 7:52 pm

For the record the Democrats are doing their own fair share of fear mongering.

"The economy is failing"
"We are loosing the war on terror"
"The republicans want to start the draft"
"The voting machines are rigged"
"Bush is destroying the environment"

Are just a few of the party of the Jack Ass's claims.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

ushermittwoch

Mon May 31, 2004 8:29 pm

"Bush is destroying the environment"

Can't handle the truth, L?
Where have all the tri-jets gone...

L-188

Mon May 31, 2004 8:56 pm

And how exactly is he doing that Ushermittwoch?

Because I don't see where he is.

Quite the opposite in fact.

QIguy24

Mon May 31, 2004 9:04 pm

Did the US government ever sign the Kyoto agreement by the way?
Wasn't that supposed to help the enviroment?

L-188

Mon May 31, 2004 9:09 pm

No, despite the claims of some Qlguy24.

It required industiralized nations to cut their emissions while so-called developing countries where put under very loose controls.

Besides even if GW signed it, the senate would never ratify it, and the same was true when Clinton was in office. That is why it was never submitted to the Senate either.

ushermittwoch

Mon May 31, 2004 9:13 pm

Well how about making it more attractive to buy an SUV compared to a car that will help reduce oil demand and pollution?!

QIguy24

Mon May 31, 2004 9:15 pm

Thanks for the reply L-188

I was just curious, because as far as I know Japan didn't sign it either. What would actually happen if the US signed it? Wouldn't that be a disaster for the american industry? I'll guess that would also cost the US an enormous amount of money.

L-188

Mon May 31, 2004 9:17 pm

And how did he do that?

If you are talking about that vehicle tax exemption. That has existed for a few decades now, and was actually intended to allow family run buiness, such as farms and story buy the trucks needed to operate the concern.

Now I agree that particular tax law is being abused, but I won't blame that on GW.

ushermittwoch

Mon May 31, 2004 9:26 pm

So you can say that it is his fault not dealing with this problem.
But I guess he has more pressing issues, like ridding the world of WMD's...

L-188

Mon May 31, 2004 9:28 pm

It takes more then any president snapping his fingers to get a law changed.

Doesn't matter who he is.

ushermittwoch

Mon May 31, 2004 9:31 pm

Also, which business needs an SUV?
A pickup truck is something that I can understand. But an Escalade, H2 or Suburban? Get real.

L-188

Mon May 31, 2004 9:32 pm

I was about to say, I own a pickup truck.

Actually I can see the suburban too, think of a pickup truck with a through bed.

And despite, being a big truck loving yank, I do think that the idea of Buick, Caddilac and the such making SUV's is silly.

QIguy24

Mon May 31, 2004 9:33 pm

But I guess he has more pressing issues, like ridding the world of WMD's...

This one actually crossed my mind several times now.
I still wonder why some countries are allowed to WMD's and some not. There should be a total free world of WMD's and the US should destroy their first just to show a good example..

Just look this weekend when Pakistan tested their nuclear missiles. Why should that be allowed? That is also a threat to world peace. I think the US governments during the last many years are double moral here.

L-188

Mon May 31, 2004 9:36 pm

Well the problem with leading the way in that regard Qlguy24, is that there any number of countries that are not going to follow you.

North Korea, coming right to mind. Iran, Pakistan, India being not that much farther behind.

But then again, I never would have thought that Libya would have disarmed. I guess that the Iraqi intervention help convinced Kaddafi eh?

QIguy24

Mon May 31, 2004 9:43 pm

But then again, I never would have thought that Libya would have disarmed. I guess that the Iraqi intervention help convinced Kaddafi eh?

That's true.. You just have to be a role model. And I can't think of a better rolemodel than the US to take the first step.
If they keep it because of protection, that is wrong IMO. If the US uses WMD for defence, they are not better than the asshole who just sent a missile to the US.

L-188

Mon May 31, 2004 9:47 pm

We tell the truth we have been destroying the chemical and biological weapons stocks for years now.

But I would still like to have a deployed missile defense system that covers the entire nation from multiple sights in place before we abandon the MAD principle.

QIguy24

Mon May 31, 2004 10:06 pm

Off course you should be allowed to have a missile defense system. There are some countries and mad men out there still unfortunatly. I know that ht US want's to set up a missile shield in Greenland. And there has been a debate about that in Denmark for several years now. IMO I wouldn't mind if the US got a shield here.

L-188

Mon May 31, 2004 10:16 pm

I think they want to put some of the radar gear at Thule. Of couse in the cold war the Air Force had those 4 DYE stations located there too.

The interceptors are right now being built up at Delta Junction Alaska.

Can you understand the desire to have that system operating before the nukes are done away with.

flyboy36y

Mon May 31, 2004 10:20 pm

No, we cannot dismantle our WMDs because several smaler nations who have the ability to wipe out 25% of the US with their weapons need to know that we can wipe out 150% of their country with ours. Besides, you never know when you will need nuclear weapons for other reasons. And then there are the missing nukes from Russia.... god.... what a world...

QIguy24

Mon May 31, 2004 10:24 pm

If it contributes to make the US a safer place fir its citizens its OK by me. That is why I wan't to get rid of all WMD's. No one should have them. Not a single one......

flyboy36y

Mon May 31, 2004 10:42 pm

I agree with that, but the US cannot be the first because we are nnot malevolent. We won't attack N. Korea if they disarm but they may attack us if we disarm...

QIguy24

Mon May 31, 2004 10:54 pm

Flyboy,

No they won't. THey don't have the equipment for that or do they? They don't have the guts to do that. Specially not after they saw what happened to Hussein.

L.1011

Mon May 31, 2004 10:54 pm

QIGuy24,

Your desire to have a WMD-free world is a noble one. Unfortuntely, it is also an impossible one. We don't have 3500 nukes because we plan on using them! We have 3500 nukes to scare the shit out of anyone who wants to mess with us or any of our friends! (that includes you) They are not a fighting force, they are a deterrent force. We kept the Ruskies at bay, and we've kept the various rouge nations at bay. Of course we'd like to all put down our weapons and sing "Kumbaya" around a campfire, but that ain't gonna happen.

QIguy24

Mon May 31, 2004 10:59 pm

We don't have 3500 nukes because we plan on using them! We have 3500 nukes to scare the shit out of anyone who wants to mess with us or any of our friends! (that includes you) They are not a fighting force, they are a deterrent force.

That is exactly the same thing Kim is thinking probably. He does not have the guts to use it. Because he knows hell would break lose. Why the hell should you have that kind of crap when you have the best military in the world. And the US military also have the best equipment there is. I want to bet a case of beer with you that.
It only makes thing worse if you respond by using WMD's your self.

L-188

Mon May 31, 2004 11:02 pm

Well here is the question.

Is your belief that Kim won't use them is from a faith in his stablity and dedication to peace, or by his belief that he will get. "Spanked" if he tries anything?

Call me a pessimist, but I buy into the latter theory.

QIguy24

Mon May 31, 2004 11:23 pm

Nah..... It's just a feeling I have. If he actually was serious he would have sent dem many years ago Big grin

planespotting

Mon May 31, 2004 11:31 pm

Kim (president of north korea or whatever you want to call his title) is unstable, paranoid and considered insane by many. his paranoia has reached stalin-esque levels. Even if he thinks they are a deterrent, it's unlikely he grasps the consequences of such weapons, and catch him on a bad day with some nasty situation and he may very well go off.....not something i'd like to think about. an insande madman with nuclear weapons.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

QIguy24

Mon May 31, 2004 11:40 pm

Bush is also an insain madman with nuclear weapons. I never see him use them. So why should Kim?  Big grin

Alpha 1

Mon May 31, 2004 11:40 pm

Well, sadly, going all the way back to George H.W. Bush's nuclear ads with Willie Horton in them, that seems to be the name of the game for Republicans-be it in local, state, Congressional or Presidential elections-go negative and do it early and often.

I was not a fan of Reagan and his policies, but at least he kep up positive ads like his famous "Morning in America" ad. The GOP has become so mean in spirit that such positive things have gone by the wayside.

It shows that this Administration has nothing positive to say for itself. After 4 years in office, why should any administration that can't point to it's positives be re-elected?

flyingbronco05

Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:08 am

Bush hasn't completed one positive thing to the US since he began his Presidency. The only thing he can do is bash Kerry.

Bush is nothing more than a bully.
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

JeffM

Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:13 am

Bronco,

Your responses are getting more and more like Randy's... LOL...

Give us a positive suggestion, on just one topic. I'd love to hear one.

ConcordeBoy

Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:25 am

Did the US government ever sign the Kyoto agreement by the way?

Hmm, sign an inept agreemnt that would "help" the environment...

...at the cost of stifling American industrialism and watching China/India waltz all over us.

Hmmmm... decisions decisions  Yeah sure
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

Klaus

ConcordeBoy

Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:40 am

ConcordeBoy: Hmm, sign an inept agreemnt that would "help" the environment...
...at the cost of stifling American industrialism and watching China/India waltz all over us.

For some reason, Europe is not as timid.

Some people actually think you need to make an effort to win a better future. They just don´t seem to be in the USA any more.

Pity.

flyingbronco05

Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:57 am

Give us a positive suggestion, on just one topic. I'd love to hear one.

I'd love to hear one positive thing Dubya has done in the past 3.5 years.

ushermittwoch

Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:01 am

He freed the world of Saddam's WMD's, as well as the Al Qaeda cells that were hiding in Iraq.
Furthermore he has made the US popular worldwide.

rsmith6621a

Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:07 am

Bronco......

Isnt it interesting that those who support GWB never bring to the table any accomplishments of their savior GWB......I to would like to see a top ten list from the right of accomplishments that were promised in the 2000 election year............

It seems when GWB has anything to say for himself it a remake of a 2000 campaign ad.....in other words nothing new.

flyingbronco05

Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:12 am

He freed the world of Saddam's WMD's, as well as the Al Qaeda cells that were hiding in Iraq.
Furthermore he has made the US popular worldwide.

They never found WMD's and the entire world hates us!

Rsmith6621a

Exactly! Bush supporters are defending him but have yet to list accomplishments that were promised. He has accomplished things, but only after it got worse.

EA CO AS

Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:13 am

A pickup truck is something that I can understand. But an Escalade, H2 or Suburban? Get real.

Real estate agents, who need to take out clients and their kids.

Yes, it can be done in a minivan as well, but many realtors in the U.S. use high-end SUVs like H2s when taking out clients as a marketing gimmick - a minivan doesn't have the same allure.

Also, here in the deserts of Arizona, many nature tour companies use H1s and H2s for their offroad tours for tourists.

But I guess the bottom line is - who are you to think you can legislate what vehicle a business can or can't use?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

L.1011

Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:19 am

Want to hear some accomplishments of George W. Bush? Gladly. Of course, you will ignore this post, call it a lie, twist words, call me uninformed, call me a nazi, but hey facts never stopped liberals before!

-Brought trillions of dollars in tax relief to every American that pays taxes A family of 4 making $40,000 a year gets 98% of their tax burden removed, dropping it from $1,490 to $45.

-Liberated over 50 million people from 2 evil dictatorships

-Destroyed over 2/3 of al-Qaeda

-Lead us to the greatest GDP and manufacturing growth since Ronald Reagan

-Created more than 3.3 million jobs

-Implemented the greatest education reforms in decades

-Given seniors a perscription drug benefit

ushermittwoch

Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:31 am

EA, as you stated, nobody NEEDS an SUV for their business.
If they want that, to quote you, marketing gimmick, they should also have to pay for it.

If you have a business where you take people into the desert, well I doubt that you'll need anything more than a Jeep, which is not an SUV, which will also make the whole ride a lot more fun.

And who are YOU to not try and make the world a better and cleaner place. Not for me, but for your family and friends.

ConcordeBoy

Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:52 am

The only thing he can do is bash Kerry.

How exactly has President Bush "bashed" Kerry?
Cite specific examples please.

They never found WMD's

false

the entire world hates us!

...and yet: "diplomatic" ties remain all around they still trade with us, we still trade with them-- so in other words, who gives a flyin' f^ck?
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

rsmith6621a

Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:02 am

>>>For the record the Democrats are doing their own fair share of fear mongering.

"The economy is failing"
"We are loosing the war on terror"
"The republicans want to start the draft"
"The voting machines are rigged"
"Bush is destroying the environment"<<<<<

No thats not fear.....Thats Reallity

JeffM

Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:03 am

twisted beyond comprehension, but if you say so Randy... LOL

rsmith6621a

Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:05 am

L-1011.....

Ah!!!!!!!!! I dont remeber GWB promising to do the following in his 2000 campaign as you stated

>>-Liberated over 50 million people from 2 evil dictatorships

-Destroyed over 2/3 of al-Qaeda<<<

Please re-read the question.

EA CO AS

Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:36 am

If you have a business where you take people into the desert, well I doubt that you'll need anything more than a Jeep, which is not an SUV, which will also make the whole ride a lot more fun.

Sorry, but you're wrong. First off, a Jeep IS a sport utility vehicle.

Second, you cannot carry more than two people in the backseat of a Jeep, so any profitable desert tour business will need a larger SUV like an H1, H2, Expedition, etc.

Third, that example represents a clear need of a SUV for business purposes. I never said that they didn't need one for desert tours - you can't do that in a minivan for God's sake!  Insane

Europeans commonly remind Americans to have an open mind about how things work in other countries. I'll kindly ask the same of you - just because you don't "need" a SUV in Germany doesn't mean that applies everywhere else.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

flyingbronco05

Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:46 am

-Created more than 3.3 million jobs

Yup, after losing more than 2 million of them. Yeah sure

They never found WMD's

false

Really? I know they found chemicals to make them, but they NEVER found WMD's that Dubya SWORE they had.  Yeah sure

Continental

Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:37 am

They found WMD? Unless you can provide me with a credible source I ain't biting!

CaptOveur

Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:47 am

Actually I can see the suburban too, think of a pickup truck with a through bed.

To back up this earlier statement L-188 is exactly right. I worked for a small Civil Engineering company. The surveying crews needed SUVs, specifically suburbans, its hard to get some places with a van, and it is just impractical to stick more than 2 people in a 4wd pickup. Also, you don't want to stick a $30,000 theodolite, an $8,000 data collector, and all the other gear that goes with a surveying crew in the back of a pickup for security reasons

Some other small companies doing the same thing had Excursions, blazers, etc.. But the Suburban was the favorite.

There are some business I have seen with an H2 (mostly tattoo parlors and gyms for some reason), but for a serious buisiness I think the economics of an H2 would suck, like flying a 767 between DAY and ROC
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.