MD-90
Topic Author

Audrey Hepburn Tops The 100 Most Beautiful Women

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:45 am

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/31/1085855500521.html

Liv Tyler came in second, which surprised me (sure she's beautiful, but that beautiful?).

The women were chosen for their "embodiment of natural beauty, healthy living, beautiful on the inside and out, with great skin and a natural glow to their personality, as well as their complexion", Evian said.

desertjets

RE: Audrey Hepburn Tops The 100 Most Beautiful Women

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:52 am

Audrey Hepburn most deservedly takes the #1 spot. But I am also confused by Liv Tyler, good looking but certainly not exceptional. Frankly of those in the top 10, Halle Barry should have the #2 spot IMO.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

MD-90
Topic Author

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:55 am

Halle Barry is just about the most gorgeous black woman I've ever seen.

I definately agree with Audrey Hepburn's number one spot.

ushermittwoch

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:09 am

That list is a load of BS.

How can Cleopatra even make the list if you ask photographers et al.?
As one should know from history, Cleopatra was extremely ugly. Nophretete on the other hand was supposed to be the most beautiful woman of Egypt.

Anyway, isn't it funny how people that just popped up a year or two ago make the list?
Very ALL TIME...not.
Where have all the tri-jets gone...

DLKAPA

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:18 am

Halle Barry is just about the most gorgeous black woman I've ever seen, I mean hey, she can't be that hot, she's BLACK!!!.

Signed,
MD-90
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

garnetpalmetto

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:26 am

Halle Barry is just about the most gorgeous black woman I've ever seen.

Do you HAVE to define things in terms of race? Why not "Halle Berre is one of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen?"  Insane

FWIW, I'd have placed Beyonce higher than Halle, but I think all in all the list is pretty good. Liv Tyler is a gorgeous woman and I have no problems putting her at #2. I was quite happy to see flavor of the month Britney Spears not make the list as well as silicone wonders like Pamela Anderson and Carmen Electra fail to make the list. I was somewhat dissapointed that Melissa Auf Der Maur didn't make it, but give it time, I guess.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

jaysit

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:33 am

What a load of garbage.

Its basically a list of female celebrities that people in the US and the UK are aware of. In 2004.

I've seen women in Japan, China, India, Iran, Brazil who make half the women on that dumb list look like something the cat choked up.

Atheism is Myth Understood.

WellHung

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:33 am

I think this about sums up the credibility of this list.

I present to you the "7th most beautiful woman of all time":

jaysit

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:42 am

Maybe Cleopatra is the name of a drag queen in Sydney...

desertjets

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:49 am

Even after my first quick glance of the list, which revealed that it pretty much was garbage, is that it is more of a who's who of A list Hollywood ladies, with a few classic Hollywood women thrown in for good measure.

I thought the inclusion of Cleopatra was interesting, considering we don't know what she looked like... maybe they are thinking of Elizabeth Taylor's portrayal of Cleo.

Nearly half of the women listed are of the flavor of the month variety, or are currently gracing the pages of the high class titty mags that teenaged boys seem to like.

There are a few listed that I think definately qualify to be listed as among the 100 most beautiful famous women. And these women are not just good looking, but posses other intangible qualities which I liken to charisma. They have a certain glow or charm about them. Hepburn has it, Halle Barry has it, Gwenyth Paltrow has it, Audrey Tatou (one of my personal favs) has it. Beyonce doesn't quite have it. IMO, far too much of her beauty and image is constructed by the make-up, hair, and clothing.

Someone like Selma Hayack, who is not listed, also has that intanigble quality of beauty.... and a superbly talented actress to boot. Certainly moreso than half of the FOTMs on that list.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

MD-90
Topic Author

Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:14 am

Ugh, Gwyneth Paltrow is UGLY. I agree that that list is fairly trendy, though.

I would say that Juila Roberts has it as well.

Nice way to make a wrongheaded assumptive ass out of yourself, DLKAPA. I happen to think that Halle is a gorgeous woman that I wouldn't mind dating or marrying (although if her beliefs are anything like Julia Roberts', then no thanks).

[Edited 2004-06-01 22:27:53]

garnetpalmetto

Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:28 am

DesertJets - agree on Audrey Tautou. She definitely "has it" (my term for that intangible you describe). The first time I saw "Amelie" I had a very difficult time separating her from her character. She definitely has a charm to her akin to the one I feel Julia Roberts and Nicole Kidman have.

MD-90, when you define someone by their race in your post you open the door for those "wrongheaded assumptions." Indeed, based on the history of your posts, someone making "wrongheaded assumptions" could conclude that, at best you're merely racist. At worst, a white supremacist hearkening back to the "bad old days." Maybe you'd do well to see beyond the color of someone's skin when describing them?
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

Southamerica

Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:02 am

I've seen women in Japan, China, India, Iran, Brazil who make half the women on that dumb list look like something the cat choked up.

Totally agreed.  Big grin

Love  Love

SOUTHAMERICA

srbmod

Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:04 am

This list is a bit sketchy; I'm sorry, but Honor Blackman and Joanna Lumley were not all that beautiful in their younger days. And where the hell is Diana Rigg? And why is Grace Jones on this list? WTF!!!!!!

BA

Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:05 am

Audrey Hepburn is indeed very beautiful both outside and inside.

However I find it a bit strange to say that she is the most beautiful woman of the world has ever seen.  Smile

I guess you can say she is the most beautiful woman of the world-reknowned female celebrities, but to say she is the most beautiful woman of the world is a bit naive in my opinion. The world is full of beautiful women. You'd have to meet every woman ever born before you can judge who is the most beautiful woman.

I have seen many beautiful women in my travels.  Smile

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

DLKAPA

Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:14 am

Nice way to make a wrongheaded assumptive ass out of yourself, DLKAPA.

To quote MD-90: "Halle Barry is just about the most gorgeous black woman I've ever seen."

Now you could argue that you didn't intend emphasis on the word "black," but given your past posts, my assumptions weren't wrongheaded, in fact they were dead-on, and until you specify that you are not a white supremecist, and quit posting all the garbage that you post that would tell us otherwise, my assumptions will continue to be dead-on.

Tell me, MD-90, are you a fan of the "Angry Arians" by any chance? I bet you'd like their music.

DLKAPA
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Greg

Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:37 am

Can't argue with Audrey....but where are Jean Seberg, Sharon Tate, and Susan Hayward....?

5NEOO

Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:00 am

Halle Berry is almost as white as she is black (since her mother happens to be 100% Caucasian)

But it's Salma for me!
Admit it, you could care less about the continent Africa!

MD-90
Topic Author

Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:00 pm

Well excuse me for not trying to hide half of my heritage and simply accepting the status quo that Southerners used to be simply evil because they had slaves.

I guess Halle Barry is black like Tiger Woods is "black", sort of.

Saying someone is black is no different from saying someone is white, tall, fat, intelligent, etc.

The bigots on this forum like to think that they're really for diversity and all that jazz, but they really aren't.

QANTAS077

Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:07 pm

japanese chix are gorgeous! i'd rather go out with a Japanese girl than any of the muts on that list!

Alpha 1

Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:13 pm

Angela Jolie ahead of Grace Kelly? Fugettaboutit!!

Lucy Liu and Alicia Silverstone-in the top 100? ALL TIME?

Where to I throw up at??

Nophretete on the other hand was supposed to be the most beautiful woman of Egypt.

We'll never know, but Anne Baxter was truly beautiful.  Big thumbs up

And MD-90, I'll back you on this one. You said nothing wrong, but some people are politically correct to the hilt. How DARE you call a black woman "black"!  Wink/being sarcastic You get no grief from me on this one.

Had you said "African-American", though, I would have screamed.  Big grin

MD-90
Topic Author

Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:31 pm

Oh, I agree Alpha 1.

But Audrey Hepburn was classy and beautiful.

I'm also a fan of Maureen O'Hara, who didn't make the list.

jaysit

Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:19 pm

Halle Berry used to look great. But saw her on the Ellen show in her new Cat Woman gig, and she looked like a scrawny alley cat. That movie, also, is destined for the litter box. Like this list.

Halle definitely looked better with some meat on her bones.

QIguy24

Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:37 pm

IMO that chick from the Pearl Harbor movie is absolutly georgeous!!  Big thumbs up

And Princess Rania of Jordan and Princess Madeleine of Sweden is also in top of my own personal list. Big grin

seb146

Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:41 pm

What is the name of the green eyed model? Kate Moss? No.... I can't think of her name! But why are Sophia Loren and Vanessa Williams not on there? I had always thought Helen Hayes and Jessica Tandy were beautiful. The way they projected themselves, the way they spoke, acted and just were. Graceful I think would best describe them.

GO CANUCKS!!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

jaysit

Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:58 pm

"But why are Sophia Loren and Vanessa Williams not on there? I had always thought Helen Hayes and Jessica Tandy were beautiful."

Thats because the 15-22 year old set for whom this rubbish list was set up, have no idea who Sophia Loren, Helen Hayes, Jessica Tandy are.

Frankly, I'm surprised that those ghastly Olson girls (who look like a couple of racoons on Maybelline) are not on this dumb list.

fspilot747

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:13 pm

Total rubbish, that list. For starters, how the heck is Jennifor Lopez even ON the list, let alone top 30? Gwenith Paltrow needs to be way higher than she is, and the fact that Kelly Brook is number 100 proves that these judges have their heads up their..well somewhere.

Kelly Brook, definitely no 100er:

if you cant see: http://www.blazinbeauties.com/images2/kelly_brook/kelly_brook1.jpg

mirrodie

Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:30 pm

I had a feeling old heppy would top the list!
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

AWspicious

Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:25 pm

Sophia Loren only made it to #81? WTF...?  Confused
I would have placed her MUCH higher than THAT!
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!