Sabena332
Topic Author

US Immigration Question

Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:54 am

Later this month, my girlfriend and I will fly to New York for just one day (arriving in the morning, returning back to Germany in the evening) because a friend who is working in a travel office told us about this incredible cheap (but crazy) flight, which will fill up my Miles & More account with many miles Big grin.

Now I have a question, on the I-94W immigration form you have to provide your address in the USA, usually I give them the address of my hotel, but what should I write into the address field when I am departing on the evening of the same day?

- I could give them an address of some hotel in New York, but I think this is illegal because I will never be in this hotel during my stay.

- I could write in the address field something like: "Don't need a hotel in the USA because I will depart on the evening of immigration".

- I could ask the immigration officer, but I think that such a question will result in a discussion like: "Why do you come for one day only, etc.". I will avoid any discussions because our time is limited and I will use every second in NYC this day.

Any tip is appreciated!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

mrniji

RE: US Immigration Question

Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:58 am

Now I have a question, on the I-94W immigration form you have to provide your address in the USA, usually I give them the address of my hotel, but what should I write into the address field when I am departing on the evening of the same day?

I would indicate this on the form, Patrick, and show your return ticket, since this is the ultimate truth...
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

B747-437B

Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:31 am

Complete the I-94 with "IN TRANSIT - SAME DAY RETURN" when asked for the address. You will probably be questioned, but simply tell them you are flying for the miles. You don't look Arab, so the truth will probably set you free!  Smile
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

fly727

Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:51 am

I absolutely agree. If that is indeed the purpouse of your flight, tell that to the immigration officer. I'm sure they have addressed something like that in the past. Show them your return tickets and also state that you need the miles to keep a certain level or status in your FF program. That should be enough.

RM  Smile
There are no stupid questions... just stupid people!

scottysair

Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:08 am

I can help you, Patrick and if you arriving into US. You must to fill it up for green forms with immigration and customs for your international arrival in US. You will not go to international transit. They will asked you about with immigration forms before enter into US.

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:28 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies, guys!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!