N777UA
Topic Author

Who Are You Voting For US President?

Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:54 pm

For US citizens here, who are you voting for for president this coming November?

I am voting for Kerry, because I am against the war in Iraq, and Bush putting billions of our tax dollars into a war that kills so many innocent people, whether they're in the armed services or not. I do not trust anyone in the Bush administration.

What makes me feel bad is I acutally voted for him in 2000....for the sole purpose that I had just turned 18 and I COULD vote....and disliked him less than I did Gore.

DC10GUY

RE: Who Are You Voting For US President?

Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:29 pm

Same reason I'll be voting for Kerry... I do feel that getting Bush out of office is the most important reason to vote for Kerry.
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

Confuscius

Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:30 pm

Probably for Gus Hall (President) and Angela Davis (Vice-President).

Are you with us Superfly?  Big grin
Ain't I a stinker?

MaverickM11

Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:31 pm

W.

The President.
E pur si muove -Galileo

N766UA

Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:34 pm

I'm not particularly happy about my choices, but since Bush can at least pick his stance and stay there and defend it....I think he's a better politician.
This Website Censors Me

DC10GUY

Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:41 pm

So N766UA, Your buying the Bush propaganda about Kerry ???

N766UA

Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:43 pm

No actually I use my own mind and eyes to see what he says and does and I compare it to what he said and did in the past. Not really hard to do.
This Website Censors Me

solarix

Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:58 pm

I am either going to flip a coin or draw the name out of a hat. I am still trying to decide between the two methods  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Bong Hits 4 Jesus

nonrevman

Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:00 pm

This is going to be a tough choice. It seems like the epitome of choosing between the lesser of two evils. How did we as a nation come to this scenario where neither of the two main candidates seems like they would be a good president? It appears that many of the votes for Kerry will not be for Kerry, but instead will be against Bush. Then you have a lot of people that are voting for Bush only because they think Kerry will be worse. Many people such as myself are disgusted with the choices and feel like we are going to be screwed either way. I have yet to figure out which one is going to cause the least amount of damage while in office. In my mind, the American people have already lost this election. We just have not made it official yet.

DC10GUY

Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:10 pm

N766UA, Do you then compare it to what Bush has done in Iraq ???

MidnightMike

Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:59 pm

George Bush is my choice for President, I would not even consider John Kerry as an option.
NO URLS in signature

HOMER71

Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:59 pm

Going with Dubya this November...
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

flyingbronco05

Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:06 am

Kerry.

But if this election is like the one last time, my vote won't count.

FB05
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

tristarenvy

Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:23 am

I guess I'll "stay the course", and vote for Dubya. About all I can say is, that HE scares me LESS than the alternatives. And, not to knock Cheney, but WHY are they not running a stronger choice for the presidency in the NEXT election? If it were up to me, I'd have a better VP candidate to be waiting in the wings for 2008. I just don't see Cheney as a presidential candidate....

Where the heck is H. Ross Perot, when you need him?!?!?!
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:48 am

Bush Giuliani anyone.....  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Alpha 1

Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:49 am

Everyone knows, ad nasuem, who I'm voiting for, so it does no good to argue about it again.

My brother-in-law, who lives just down the road from me, is a lifelong Republican. He's origially from west-Central Ohio, strong GOP territoriy. Well, a few weeks ago, he changed his affilliation from GOP to Democrat, out of sheer disgust with Bush. My sister told him if they find out in his hometown, they probably won't let him back.  Smile

He says he's voting for Kerry, but if he doesn't, he'll do what he's done the last 3 elections-write in my dad's name.  Big thumbs up

freshlove1

Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:56 am

John Kerry=Higher Taxes, and im sure we agree that we are not taxed enough are we???......VOTE NO FOR KERRY...VOTE YES for Jessie Jackson

KROC

Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:00 am

Despite fully supporting the war in Iraq, and actually thinking we should be doing allot more, I believe I will be voting for Kerry. Both guys or horrible, but what pushes me to one side is Howard Stern and his fight against censorship. I'll side with home over the other 2 anyday.

Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:04 am

If Howard Stern is the reason you're voting for Kerry, then Bush doesn't want your vote anyway. BTW. Remember Tipper Gore and the "Explicit Lyrics" tag on record/album? Kerry co-sponsored the bill with Al Gore.

Hamfist

Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:14 am

I'll likely vote for Bush for two reasons:

First, I consider myself to be middle of the road on most issues...and I don't perceive Bush to be as far to the right as Kerry is to the left.

Second, although I am separating from active duty and moving into the Reserves, I can say with no uncertainty that members of the military are far better off with a man like Bush than any Democrat. Some members of the military may be losing their lives in Iraq, but all knew that was a possibility when they signed up--if they didn't, they were only fooling themselves! Under Clinton (and Carter for that matter) members of the military were typically treated like lepers, or at best, with obvious apathy. Hell, we're lucky the military has been able to perform as well as it has in Iraq--given the Clinton administration's personnel cuts, resource starving and promotion of semi-competent general officers for loyalty or political reasons.

Alpha 1

Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:17 am

If Howard Stern is the reason you're voting for Kerry, then Bush doesn't want your vote anyway.

ROTFL. Bush, right now, is a few shorts shy of re-election. He needs to be finding votes, not pissing them away.

And guess what, Freshlove, eventually, the way this man is spending us into oblivion, we'll need higher taxes anyway. It's pay now or pay later. And stop your crying-most of the world is taxed much higher than Americans. I see you've learned the Reagan lesson well.

Boeing757/767

Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:42 am

Kerry for me.

Bush's transgressions are shameful. He has done more to damage our world standing than any other president. It's disgraceful, really.

Free-thinking, left-leaning secularist

KROC

Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:43 am

If Howard Stern is the reason you're voting for Kerry, then Bush doesn't want your vote anyway. BTW. Remember Tipper Gore and the "Explicit Lyrics" tag on record/album? Kerry co-sponsored the bill with Al Gore.

Stern is going to deliever multi-millions of votes to Kerry. And the thing is, I have no problem with "Explicit Lyrics" stickers. If I do not want to buy it, thats my choice. Some ass clown working for the FCC (Michael Powell), under heavy pressure from the Bush regime is not going to tell me what I can and cannot listen to on the radio. The dial changes, the radio shuts off.....

The military aspect is tough for me though, as Hamfist said. Bush is far better for the military, and I still support them even after being out for a few years now.

KL642

Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:59 am

I will be voting for John Kerry. November 2, 2004=regime change in the USA!

jamesag96

Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:02 am

With all due respect KROC, Stern was fired from a radio conglomerate, if others in that market want to pick him up they can. Stern was in no way censored. He was, however, an easy scapegoat for a system that got its panties in a wad following the Jackson boob exposure.

Interesting too how Oprah can get away with anything she wants.

As for millions of votes for Kerry, most if not all of the votes that would swing as a result of fartman would be in NY which is assured to go DEM again anyway.

"And guess what, Freshlove, eventually, the way this man is spending us into oblivion, we'll need higher taxes anyway. It's pay now or pay later."

Have you looked at governtment revenues lately?

"And stop your crying-most of the world is taxed much higher than Americans."

Yeah, and look how much better off they are than us...puhleeze.

"I see you've learned the Reagan lesson well."

Shame you didn't pay attention.

Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

US AIRWAYS

Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:17 am

I think John Kerry is getting my vote this Novemeber. Here's a funny site:

http://www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanway.com

Jonathan
Go Eagles!

moose1226

Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:33 am

While John Kerry is no shining star, Bush has disgusted me and made me embarrased to be an American. There a millions of people who could be a better face for America. As they say:

When Clintion Lied, Nobody Died.

We need someone who can bring back respect to the world. This election, whether you like it or not, that person is John Kerry.

Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:42 am

I'd LIKE to vote for Clinton again, but...

It'll be Kerry all the way. GWB does not deserve a second term; he's done enough damage. He's losing the war on terror big time. Don't believe me? Then how come after almost 3 years, every so often we go on "code orange". If he were focused, we wouldn't have to deal with this shit on a regular basis.

Why is the man responsible for killing 3000 innocent civilians still walking the Earth? Why the @#$% is that SOB sill alive to make new threats and video tapes? Why? Because GWB gave up on finding him and went after Iraq. No one can convince me that if we put the effort into finding Bin Laden that we put into the Iraq war, he'd be a pile of ash by now.

GWB is a liar. I'm not talking private, the-question-should-never-be-asked lies, like how Clinton lied. I'm talking lies that engaged us in a war, and keeps sending US soldiers home dead. Iraq was not a threat, there aren't any WMD, and there were no al queda connections. GWB look us all straight in the eyes and lied. All the Iraq war has done is given the terrorists not one, but TWO countries to fester their hate for America, and our president has done nothing to stop it.

I thought he said one of the advantages of owning Iraq an Afghanistan would be a lower gas price? Shit, he can even do that right!

Bottom line for me is, after three years of the "war on terror" I still don't feel safe in my own country. GWB has done enough to show me he does not deserve my vote. We need some new thinkers in charge, because I fear if he gets a second term, more of our rights will be taken away, more Americans will die, and this country will keep going on it's downward spiral.

B

bimmer202

Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:57 am

Bush has my vote. I see him as an honorable and decent man. I have a lot of respect for him.
Who let the billy goats out? No serioulsy, who let the friggin billy goats out? This aint no joke anymore children.

vafi88

Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:06 am

I will be voting for Kerry this year because I believe Bush isn't the man for the job and I feel, as an American citizen, that the world has looked further and further down on me while under Bush...

But! For all you Dubya fans, I'm not 18, so relax.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

mdsh00

Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:23 am

Im voting for Kerry because although he isn't as charismatic as Clinton or Headstrong like Dean, I think that Bush has taken this country in a seriously wrong direction. After September 11th, we had the whole world behind us claiming that "Today we are all Americans." Rather than taking advantage of our worldwide support (notice that nobody objected to Afghanistan?), he has made world opinion of our country almost as its lowest in history. We have no more honor in their eyes.

At home, I am sick of Bush and his vast Right wing grip on the nation. I don't like that the religious right has him in his pocket. I don't like that his religious panderings are making the US fall behind the next frontier of medicine...stem cells. I don't like how his minions in the Right seem to call anyone that disagrees with him as "unpatriotic" and "unamerican" (who the hell are they to say that anyway?). I don't like the Patriot Act and I defnitely can't stand this administration's use of fear to justify their actions. At least Reagan justified his actions with optimisim.

So yes...This November, Kerry will be getting my vote. Big grin

Edit: I would also like to add that I can't stand how polarized our country has become in the last 4 years. We tend to fight more rather than cooperate. This is something I see could be relieved with Bush out.

[Edited 2004-06-24 20:32:26]
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

b757300

Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:28 am

I'm not going to vote for anyone. George Bush is going to stage a nuclear attack on the U.S., cancel the election, and declare himself Tsar George I.

I heard it on this forum so it must be true.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

KROC

Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:39 am

Stern was fired due to immense pressure put on by the FCC which came from teh Bush regime. A perfect way to solidify diehard conservative and religious votes. Stern ONLY started to come under fire when his extremely Pro-Bush stance changed as the Bush Regime did nothing but fuck up the war on Iraq. Then he became a very vocal opponent of Bush. No matter what, the man weilds allot of influence, and sure enough out of the blue, knowing his program has been the same for the past 20 years, teh FCC is all of a sudden making a big push to tone him down? Please.

Oh, and B757300 - That was actually solid and funny. Well done.

BMAbound

Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 am

Anyone of the Americans on here knows why the U.S only has two major parties? If the choice is that limited, I fully understand why Americans vote for someone they don't like just cuz they dislike the other one even more. How big is the Independent Party?

Sweden has 7 parties in the parliament. One in the middle and three on each side of it. However, the parties on the right side do not even come close to the conservatism practiced by Bush. And the left side? Well, Americans would call them Commies... Big grin

johan

Altitude is Insurance - Get Insured

Boeing4ever

Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:48 am

So N766UA, Your buying the Bush propaganda about Kerry ???

Where do YOU get off saying this dc10guy!? You of all people have your mouth wide open, waiting for Kerry to funnel his propaganda down it. But no, surprise, you're the same guy who thinks there's no such thing as middle ground. For you, it's all one side, or nothing. So it's no surprise that you, a man who can't think for himself without Micheal Moore telling him what to do, made that statement.

As for who I'm voting for...

I'm writing in Bugs Bunny...seriously, both candidates are dishonest douchebags...they should be locked up in jail instead of being allowed to run for the highest office in the nation.

B4e-Forever New Frontiers

767-332ER

Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:54 am

George W. Bush will be getting my vote...in my opinion he's a good guy that's genuine and says things from the heart.

So far from our poll of people who gave specific answers, we have:

Kerry- 11
Bush-8
Twinjets...if one fails, work the other one twice as hard!!!

dvk

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:37 am

ABB (anybody but Bush)...
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.

nasmal

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:42 am

Everyone keeps saying how Kerry is always changing his mind on certain issues. Lets bring up the war on Iraq, President Bush went to congress and made his case for war on Iraq based on the facts that they had weapons of mass destruction. Kerry belived Bush just like all of us did and voted for the war. Now that we are more than a year after the war, there have been no weapons of mass destruction found with close to a 1000 troops dead and probably more than 3000 with no legs or arms. I would then understand why kerry changed his mind on Iraq, because he was lied to.

I vote for Kerry in Nov.

jamesag96

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:50 am

There are scores of quotes from a host of people on both sides of the fence that expressed their belief that Saddam had WMD...some prior GWB taking office.

Going further, just about everyone of note on the left side stated it even more vehemently in the months and years following 9/11 and leading up to the war...so your arguement that Bush pulled the wool over eveyones eyes is false. Congress had access to the same information that the admin did, and they like the UN voted accordingly.

Kerry has waffled, is waffling, and will waffle in the future.

J

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:50 am

Bush. I have a strong distaste for Kerry and his leftist agenda. I would have voted for a McCain or a Lieberman or a Powell (easily) over Bush though.

Actually, Clinton wasn't that bad (minus the Monica thing, of course). Sure, he was a cheat, but a relatively innocuous cheat.

For the record: I fully support the war on terror and our actions in Iraq. It's Bush's domestic policy that I have problems with.

'Speed

767-332ER

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:51 am

What are the odds of Giuliani becoming President or vicepresident in the near future? How many would vote for him?
Twinjets...if one fails, work the other one twice as hard!!!

aloges

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:51 am

I know most of you folks don't care anyway, and I'll get slammed for "telling *gasp* A-M-E-R-I-C-A-N-S what to do", but:

If you, Mr. or Mrs. American, care one bit about what the rest of the world thinks of your government and more and more of your country, you must vote for John Kerry.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

jamesag96

Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:00 am

Aloges...why do you think that?

Filler
Filler
Filler

N312RC

Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:02 am

Bush. Simply to spite the Europeans. I dont give a rat crap what the rest of the world thinks of my government. Thats why it's mine and not theirs.
N/A

Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:11 am

"If you, Mr. or Mrs. American, care one bit about what the rest of the world thinks of your government and more and more of your country, you must vote for John Kerry."

Here's the thing: If I only cared about what other countries think of the US, Kerry would be the obvious choice--he's the least likely ruffle feathers overseas. However, while I care what other countries think of the US, it's not my highest priority. My highest priority is the well being of America. Sure, I think we should do what we can to make allies, but not to our own detriment. The left seems to think that we should act against our best interest, and I find that simply unacceptable.

'Speed

garnetpalmetto

Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:32 am

Anyone of the Americans on here knows why the U.S only has two major parties? If the choice is that limited, I fully understand why Americans vote for someone they don't like just cuz they dislike the other one even more. How big is the Independent Party?

1) There's no single "Independent Party." There are multiple minor parties, some notable ones being the Green Party, the Reform Party, Constitution Party, Libertarian Party, and Natural Law Party.

2) There are multiple reasons why the two-party system has lasted so long within the US
-Our winner-take-all system rather than use of proportional representation
-The two major parties tend to be centrist in most issues
-Ballot access laws sometimes make it difficult for third parties to get on the ballot
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

aloges

Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:51 am

"Aloges...why do you think that?"

I think that because I absolutely despise that "I don't care about others" attitude displayed so nicely by so many Americans, and made official by your current government ("either with us or against us; if against us, flip off"). Why on earth do people think that the US admin can do whatever it wants? I thought a democratic world would be something to work for, not against like GWB is doing it all the time.

Frankly, I think that because I can't stand the bullshit spawned by nationalist governments, no matter what country they rule. I call George Wa*ker Bush a die-hard nationalist - and of these, Europe and the World have seen enough.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:16 am

"I think that because I absolutely despise that "I don't care about others" attitude displayed so nicely by so many Americans..."

I have got to agree with that point, and I also tend to be a bit wary of those America uber alles types. However, that attitude is not nearly as prevalent as you seem to think. We are concerned--and concerned is the best way to put it--about the the world surrounding us, but we have to look after our own country. If we don't, who else will?

But I digress... My vote counts the same whether I yammer on about it or not.

'Speed

[Edited 2004-06-24 23:23:59]

Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:18 am

We should change the constitution. One guy from each party runs. The one who comes in first get's to be President, the guy in Second becomes the VP. I agree we need to maintain the electorate system as I don't have the stomach for living under the reign of New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Our fore fathers... Smart guys.

Or...

How about a "Common Sense" party. Fiscally Conservative, Socially Liberal. The Federal Government doesn't have any business making laws the States should be makign anyway. Independent sounds to... Independent.

B2707SST

Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:21 am

I'm not terribly happy with Bush, but Kerry is much worse. His economic policies alone rule him out. If the race were not so close, I would vote Libertarian, but that's really a throwaway.

Even if Kerry gets elected (shiver), he will almost certainly face a Republican Congress in no mood to compromise. The Dems can kiss 90% of his campaign promises goodbye.

--B2707SST

[Edited 2004-06-25 00:23:11]
Keynes is dead and we are living in his long run.